Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Add Vaulting Maneuvers [Warning: Lots Of Images]

AtokNiiro

if you could shoot while doing this it would be awesome. plus, i recently played sleeping dogs, and it had a very fun parkour gameplay, and this idea seems quite similar.

+1 and congratulations on the good idea, well explained and with images.

good job

I was reminded of Sleeping Dogs as well. NO ONE would fault DE for taking a few leaves out of that awesome game's parkour book.

+1 to the OP. Definitely would love to see this.

If memory serves me right, there was vaulting in U5(but hard to time and execute), but it disappeared in the following updates for some reason.

IIRC it was W+spacebar when directly in front of low boxes or railings. Guess it was removed to prevent folks from accidentally vaulting over when they want to jump over.

great ideas but this would require an entirely new system FOR the vaulting. (kinda like the SMART system in Brink)

having said that I would definitely love to see something like this ingame. all I am saying is that this is not some small thing that wont take long to implement.

+1 to the idea

It's a good idea, The very basic designs of alot of real world parkour/free running techniques.

The only problem is that in programming, You would have to do ALOT of detections and trace hull coding to see if the player could do such actions.

It's a nightmare to code up (As i've been developing little games for a long time), But i have no insight into this engine, So i wouldn't know what type of coding would be required.

What I'm afraid of is that DE will never improve the core gameplay mechanics.  The fluidity of the movement system was a major part of what made this game originally standout.  It's a real shame and missed opportunity that DE have never thought to enhance this system in any of the subsequent updates or even suggest improving it in livestreams.  Instead we get stamina nerfs.  You gotta wonder about priorities.

The obtrusive flip they added on edge grab really seemed like something they might have passed over adding from earlier.  It doesn't flow or add anything desirable, imo. 

Edited by alocrius