Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Add Vaulting Maneuvers [Warning: Lots Of Images]

AtokNiiro

YES! So much win! I don't even need that melee part, just the vault and make it knock enemies down (slide jump does it already anyway).

Imma bump this every day..

But seriously... how did no one think of that till now? HOW?

Edited by LocoWithGun

+1 to this. Great and simple idea that could add so much more complexity and fun to the overall gameplay, putting even more emphasis on maneuvers than simply gunning. This will also help with creativity in new level designs.

Thanks for illustrating them with sketches too!

Has anyone tried jumping and rolling at the same time? I've been using it to get over small obstacles for a long time now, and it gets the job done, in my opinion.

Although, you cannot do a specialized melee as the original post suggested, mainly because it would need to be a new/added feature.

However, it might not count as actual vaulting because it might just be a glitch in the jump and roll mechanics being used together.

Rebecca did make sure to pass this along. AtokNiiro, amazing post appreciate the effort put into it.

Its really cool to see these thoughts because we actually have tried a great deal of what you suggest, especially with the vaulting mechanics. The reason its not in game *yet* is because we haven't been able to get it feeling as a proper evolution of our current movement. The implementation we had was a little too "sticky" so it made you feel like you were losing control of your Warframe. Animations we did are very close to your sketches tho.

We do intend to go back to it and get it feeling better, I will also pass this along to Daniel (our programmer who implement's this stuff). Really dig your thoughts on melee inclusion as well.