Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vega Toroids, Why Don't They Drop?

KotoKuraken

So I saw in the recent hotfix that the dropchance for Vega Toroids was increased. "Sweet!" I thought, because I haven't been able to get any to drop in a long time. That was what I thought an hour ago. I've been at the Space Port for an hour with the enemy at full alert with zero drops. I don't understand how long I need to be in here to get a single drop.

No one queues for Vega Toroids for some reason (neither ingame recruiting nor the School Bus Discord), so I'm here solo. No bounties (at least the high level ones that I normally play) have come to the Space Port in like a week or two. Enemies only come in waves here, so I have to sit here for like 2 whole minutes to wait for something to spawn (currently typing this out in increments as I'm still in the base at full alert).

I don't understand what else I need to do when I'm killing stuff constantly here and there's nothing dropping at all. Not even one Toroid drop after an entire hour

I haven't tried to get any since the latest hotfix, but prior to it I had gotten into a squad that had a Nekros Prime and we had farmed about sixteen (!) Vega Toroids in maybe an hour. If you know about farming resources, you probably know that Nekros, Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm, and Ivara are going to be your best bet, though Ivara might be better for solo farming yet still energy intensive. We had gotten most of the Toroids in the furthest section inside of the Spaceport, but I've also had success in the exterior section.

22 minutes ago, KotoKuraken said:

I don't understand what else I need to do when I'm killing stuff constantly here and there's nothing dropping at all. Not even one Toroid drop after an entire hour

I spent about 10 minutes there solo, I got none. There are just so few enemies it is not worth it (two enemies spawned at a time was a push for me). You are better off either finding a squad or looking in caves.

• I was getting better drops than this prior to the patch.
Edited by krc473

I switched to the interior, got about 1 Toroid every 4 minutes. I would run with farming frames, but I don't like running farming frames without a squad. And I can't get a squad together if no one is looking for Toroids (I generally wait around a half hour on ingame Recruiting or Discord, and there will be no responses for a squad-up)

At least now I know to go in the back of the base instead of staying out in front with the "tougher" enemies. (I say tougher as in, "will bump and bounce you around but do the damage of hitting you with a cotton swab")

I've found that if you kill enemies while the alert level is raising, you're seemingly more likely to get toroid drops than if it's already at max level. So I'd probably advise waiting until it gets up to rank 4, kill all poles in the area, go outside/inside, wait until it drops to 0, then go back inside and repeat.