The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Massive frame-drops in Vallis~

Pawgasm

Hi, Hello, How you doin?

Quick performance update since the last Hotfixes today. Supposedly to "Improve performance" However during fast movements, And opening the Gear Wheel. Frames drop to as bad as 10fps.

It's really, Really bad. And no, It's not my PC. I run an i7 4790k + 980Ti. (Incase you're curious)

(Video may still be processing, Just uploaded. It should be 1080p 60fps. If it looks like arse, wait for a while. ♥)

Also, Kubrowdons are way too smell sensitive.

Confirmed happening also with the echo lures without ever equpping the tranq rifle.

i7 4770K / GTX 1070 / 16GB RAM / Samsung 840 EVO SSD

Issue seems to be mostly fixed immediately after verifying and optimizing game cache, though it persists intermittently at a lesser intensity and gradually increases in intensity again until it returns to the unplayable state.

Rapidly moving the camera with a high zoom scoped weapon is the worst affected and the best way to reproduce the issue.

Edited by Nimphious

Same happens to me, but it seems to only happen when moving the mouse. Also if I switch to my operator it doesn't happen. Switch back and loads of frames are dropped just by moving the mouse a little.

Edit: I have i7 3770k and gtx 1070

Edited by kolop97

17 hours ago, UnnervingS said:

I too have this issue!

Edit: After a little testing this is directly caused by equipping the Tranq Rifle at any point in the mission.

This is the exact issue I have as well. Everything works fine up until I equip the tranq rifle, after that any fast mouse movement tanks my FPS down to 5 until I stop moving the mouse, even if I unequip the tranq rifle.

EDIT: Jumping into Operator Mode, the frame tanking stops until I jump back into the frame where it continues as before.

Edited by Rakcoun

I am having this same issue occasionally. I tested different things going in and out of Fortuna. Seems the stuttering starts immediately after equipping either fishing spear or tranq rifle/lure. The conservation items stutter much worse. Stuttering persists after unequipping and won't go away until exit and re-enter Orb Vallis until equipping from gear wheel again.

FPS counter still reads good numbers but game seems like it's running 1-5 FPS despite what the counter says.

Restarting the game did seem to fix the issue when trying to replicate the issue again.
But while issue happening, no unusually high CPU usage, RAM usage or CPU temps. So hardware fault. Running an i5-3570k with GTX 1070.

Tried changing various graphics settings and closing other programs while stuttering occurring with no improvement.

Edited by IOLAR2013
Additional fixes attempted

Since thread already exists. Reduce mouse pooling/report rate to minimum possible thru mouse software.This does not fix issue but it makes Vallis playable at 125Hz for me. Also, do not go under 100Hz even if it is supported by mouse 😄

I am not sure if it is related to tranq gun, but that is like the only thing I do in Vallis anyway (and ventkids). Stuttering stops instantly if you mount K-Drive and goes back to stuttering after you dismount K-Drive. OSD numbers are not even needed to notice fps drops but they are there...

EDIT: Since this is obviously mouse related, please DE, adjust mouse sensitivity as well because decoration mode for example is too fast even at 800dpi and aiming is barely usable at 1200dpi and 0 sensitivity. Sensitivity in game is just too high.

I can also record video with how changing pooling rate on mouse affects fps but I do not think it is necessary and I hope that people will post if that helps them.

Edited by KingOfPredators

As others have stated, going into operator mode removes the problem.  Going back into warframe and the stuttering comes back straight away.  Equipping k-drive or archwing also removes the stuttering.

You can demonstrate it super easily by opening up the gear wheel and trying to move around it, it'll stutter really badly.  You can then go into operator and the gear wheel is smooth as usual.

fps counter drops from 60fps to 39-45fps.  But it doesn't seem to reflect just how much the game is slowing down.

This all started with this weeks hotfixes.

Win 7 64bit gtx 980 here.

Edited by MrPing1000

I managed to induce this bug by repeatedly equipping and unequipping the tranq rifle - it took more than 50 times but after that the performance loss continued to increase with each tranq rifle equip.
Using either a controller, an operator, or a k-drive show no performance loss, and it seems isolated to warframe/archwing and mouse movements.
It was temporarily cleared on dying or loading into a new map but comes back when the tranq rifle is equipped.
Restarting the game thankfully clears the bug for me.

Edited by sardiax

It seems to occur with fishing and mining too but the stuttering takes a lot longer to start.  I went fishing/mining for 30mins earlier today and it wasn't until around the 20 min mark that the stuttering started, it was also a lot less severe than equipping the tranq rifle.

I have exactly the same problem. Everything was fine since hotfix but today I ran file optimization and this bug appeared

EDIT: I tried equipping tranq rifle in POE with same results

Edited by Nodomi

Been having the same thing, didn't have it before last weekend but now having stutters and framedrops whenever I go hunting. Checked if it was an open world thing by going to PoE since the rest of the maps was fine and it didn't lag. It only started to lag once I scoped in with the tranq rifle

Am 30.11.2018 um 08:34 schrieb UnnervingS:

I too have this issue!

Edit: After a little testing this is directly caused by equipping the Tranq Rifle at any point in the mission.

It has been confirmed that it is not only the tranq rifle though that seems to be thing people have the most problems with. For me the tranq rifle does nothing but it would just start after around 15 minutes in to hunting or fishing in both POE and Orb Vallis. So it probably has something to do with the open worlds and maybe the gear wheel. Another weird thing is that it goes away as long as you ride a K-Drive. I have also noticed that when you exit the mission it will still be there just less extreme.

Edited by ImActualGarbage