Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Figured Out How To Fix Auto-Rolling Issue.

Makemap

I did not know there is a roll button(default middle-mouse 3). Please remove it from shift(running) because it interferes with running and the need to stop. -> Or we can have a running command by itself just like the roll button. <-

Edited by Makemap

Before I comment on this, I'd like to ask this first.

When you talk about "rolling", are you talking about the recovery roll that the Tenno does when they fall off a platform, or just the dodge roll that can be done by tapping Shift (by default)? I thought it was the former at first, but then your suggestions seem related to the latter case.

The roll after a fall is so frustrating. If you JUMP you will roll when you land, regardless if the landing point is far down or higher up. Aren't rolls meant to break falls?

They should just add a fall distance requirement for an auto-roll to proc. Like when jumping off of a large cliffside, NOT when jumping 3 feet in front of me on level ground! 

I wouldn't mind rolling, as long as they fixed it.

Usually, when you fall vertically in warframe you just sorta... land.

However, I cannot seem to do this. Unless I hit S and completely change my trajectory so I'm perfectly still, I still roll no matter how vertical my fall.

I can understand rolling if I were flying across at high speed, but for my vertical falls, a landing seems more likely.

Adjust the forward velocity needed before rolling, please.

You can control rolls by aiming, holding a directional key (WASD), and tapping shift. This lets you do cool backflips that probably 90% of the playerbase doesn't realize they can do.

I'm not really sure if OP is suggesting these controls should be double taps instead of aim+move+shift or asking that the ability to do directional dodges is implemented (which it is), so sorry if my post seems irrelevant.

You can also cancel rolls by hitting crouch while falling and sliding, or if falling straight down (or you would like to fall straight down), hit E midair and you'll just do your melee ground-pound.

So what are you guys upset about? My only gripe with the rolling is that sometimes it forces you to repeatedly fall off a cliff, and the game puts you back right at an edge next to a cliff where you will automatically roll off into the cliff ad infinitum until you can hit E and stabilize yourself.

Edited by VegetableBasket

You can control rolls by aiming, holding a directional key (WASD), and tapping shift. This lets you do cool backflips that probably 90% of the playerbase doesn't realize they can do.

I'm not really sure if OP is suggesting these controls should be double taps instead of aim+move+shift or asking that the ability to do directional dodges is implemented (which it is), so sorry if my post seems irrelevant.

You can also cancel rolls by hitting crouch while falling and sliding, or if falling straight down (or you would like to fall straight down), hit E midair and you'll just do your melee ground-pound.

So what are you guys upset about? My only gripe with the rolling is that sometimes it forces you to repeatedly fall off a cliff, and the game puts you back right at an edge next to a cliff where you will automatically roll off into the cliff ad infinitum until you can hit E and stabilize yourself.

Except you have be locked into the aim state to execute them and can't simply cancel it and keep the roll. It's inefficient at best and laggy at worst. The side roll and back flip should simply be the side and back evades as standard to begin with, side and back rolling are essentially useless against anything but missile enemies and Ancients. For 90% of the enemy base they do nothing.

it would be nice if holding A or D and tapping the Shift key would cause you to do a cartwheel or slide or roll, and pressing S and then tapping Shift will allow a backflip.

You can do just that if you aim (right mouse button) before you press shift.

Edit: Unless you're talking about autorolling.

This thread is so unspecific it confuzzles me! xD

Edited by ProfessorSnow

it would be nice if holding A or D and tapping the Shift key would cause you to do a cartwheel or slide or roll, and pressing S and then tapping Shift will allow a backflip.

Tapping shift key is worst. You would roll when your trying to sprint. This causes even more delay. Not a good mix. I'm sticking with double tap WASD as you can never get it wrong or have issues.

For those who say it should be backflip, I say it should be backroll to evade infest ancients from meleeing you. Backflip might be nice, but, no way you can evade shots.

Edited by Makemap

Tapping shift key is worst. You would roll when your trying to sprint. This causes even more delay. Not a good mix. I'm sticking with double tap WASD as you can never get it wrong or have issues.

For those who say it should be backflip, I say it should be backroll to evade infest ancients from meleeing you. Backflip might be nice, but, no way you can evade shots.

Double tap is by far the glitchiest and worst scheme I have ever used.

Dragon Nest, Phantasy Star Online 2, C9, just to name a few, where double tap just goes off on its own and ruins everything you want to accomplish.

Keep it on a single key. Double tap is AIDS.

Double tap is by far the glitchiest and worst scheme I have ever used.

Dragon Nest, Phantasy Star Online 2, C9, just to name a few, where double tap just goes off on its own and ruins everything you want to accomplish.

Keep it on a single key. Double tap is AIDS.

Those are MMORPG, Have you even tried MMOFPS?

AVA online had double tap W for running(nothing was wrong with it).

Warframe is MMOTPS(third person shooter) which is next to FPS.

If FPS games can do double tap running fine, Warframe can do duble tap rolling.

Not, like your trying to evade massively like those RPG games or the Boss has massive and your stuck with melee only. (we got guns, evade, run and stay out of range)

MMOTPS? Like S4 or GunZ? Everyone hated double tap crap there too.

MMOFPS? No one uses double tap to sprint. It simply takes too long compared to a single key stroke.

The games I mentioned earlier (PSO2, DN, C9) are instanced fighters that have ranged classes, and everyone complains about double tap on them. Up until PSO2 released a feature to turn off double tap did the complaints stop on that game.

I understand double tap looks glamorous and efficient at first, but once the game skips a beat, thinks you pressed W twice, and rolls you some place you don't want to be, you start to curse the day they implemented it.

And from what I heard, DE wants to make some big bosses now. Clearly shown by the remake Golem is about to get. Trust me, when you're fighting a big guy (or anything in general) you don't want this unpredictable feature holding your life in its hands.

Edited by ProfessorSnow