Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptation is broken. 24.1.2.1

Pawgasm

9 hours ago, Tuiat said:

Title says it all, and this video says even more.

I've made a post about this already,  Mine doesn't have a video though.

Edit: infact you commente don it xD Hooray for consistency, this must be more known

Edited by Perye
edits

Okay, So I re-tested this outside the Simulacrum because some people said that Adaptation doesn't work in the Sim.

I believe that it Did once work in the Sim because I tested it with my Mesa, but yeah. More information is in this second video. Check it out

• Like 1

Kymsaliah's slideshow on YouTube does seem to indicate that the mod is working. Tuiat's videos on YouTube do seem to indicate that the mod isn't working. Could it be that the mod does work in things like regular missions but not in a number of missions such as SO/ESO/Simulacrum/Who knows what else? I find it hard to believe that 90% Damage Reduction to 3 different elements has the same if not worse results than having 0% Damage Reduction to the same 3 elements, even if enemies had perfectly well-distributed damage values accross different elements.

I've also had very weird issues like the Tek Set mod effect of a damage area of effect staying on an Arbitration mission forever and stacking infinitely, while working perfectly fine in other places like Orb Vallis or regular missions. I only mention this to suggest that this Adaptation bug might indeed be related to the type of mission played, which would explain why it works in one video and not in another.

Hopefully someone at DE will take a look at this.

Changing builds/frames in the arsenal while in Simulacrum breaks the Adaptation mod.

Some people also said that it doesn't work after you die once.

Didn't test any of these though.

I can definitely say it is working for me. Took a wrong build by mistake (the only thing that was different was the lack of Adaptation mod), and boy it was a noticeable difference. So yeah, test harder. Preferably outside simulacrum.

Edited by Dante102

I just tried it out myself, it works fine until dying once; then it just plain stops working.

Level capped Terra Elite Overtaker (125) was doing ~1500 damage to my Inaros without Adaptation and ~150 damage to me with 90% Adaptation.

Then I let myself die once and after that, it went back to 1.5k+ even at 90% resistance and kept killing me in ~4 hits.

I had a similar experience to that at Eidolon Hunting too, after my first death it felt like just about everything kept killing me in one hit (at max resistance) when I tried tanking it with Adaptation.

Edited by Ailyene
Minor

I said the mod was not working, congratulations to the video, after the last "Fix" I felt absolutely no difference with and without adaptation, even created a topic about it, but as always they ignore it.

We are already on November 8 and still no Fix.

Edited by Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Note: As far as I can see, on INAROS this is fixed, I will test on more frames just to make sure, however I obviously don't know if this is  fixed o rnot definitely, If it IS fixed, 1 - thank you Warframe team :D< and 2 -  WHy no mention of it being fixed O-o

Edit: Tested with nezha, His Halo does not get any benefits from adaptation, which seems like a bug, since the Halo on nezha doesn't prevent 100% of the damage, it reduces damage by 90%, with the damage taken removed form the shield, if this truly were the case then  90% adaptation would turn 3k damage the shield DOES take to 300 the shield SHOULD take.

Edited by Perye
Info on a bug
  • Like 1

This mod used to be a good mod, but now its just broken. It used to be great on squishy frames as it gave precious time to react. But that is not the case anymore. Im not sure when it stopped working. Right now its a waste of a mod slot.

Edited by tychondus
  • Like 1

Have recently done testing and can confirm that Adaptation is in fact broken. My Inaros has 6710 hp I decided to test against a lvl 120 Nox and see how long the Toxin damage takes to kill me.
--
SS + Scarab Swarm (I am also running Negation Swarm but that should be irrelevant when talking about unique damage types, not status effects)
--
10 seconds without adaptation or SS
14 seconds without adatation + SS
10 seconds with adaptation but no SS
14 seconds with adaptation + SS

Something is clearly wrong with the mod. I know because my Trinity Prime was able to face tank Eidolon sky beams is suddenly blasted to hell and back for no reason.

Edited by Nanakisan
  • Like 1

Hey guys~ 
I'm still 100% Confident that the mod is totally broken. However, I think I've discovered that you don't need to die once to break the mod. Still testing a few things out, But I've found that even before dying once, The mod shows 90% reduction on the first hit if the timer has run out previously.

Still testing this out however, but so far. Looks bad. 😕

Gonna put some of these new findings in a video perhaps.

Thanks for the support also, If more people know about this, it's more likely that DE will hear us.

It's unlikely this will be patched before New Year's so until then. R10 Steel Fibre will have to do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This mod remains broken in the exact same way.

The quality isn't great but here's a video I just recorded today demonstrating against a level 1 butcher in a real mission.

Just pay attention to the shield damage when adaptation is actually working and when it stops (after the death.)