Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so excal that poster child for warframe. wat you got nuttn for him?

(PSN)teacup775

I drag out mr vanilla, lethal but naked (no defense mods or life strike) now and again, just cause he was my first frame. Umbra is a monster and the old man could use two changes. His first should get some auto targeting so it reliable hits (because console aim is more annoyingand chain kills are fun). His three needs a flat change up. Say a radial burn that strips armor or makes enemies marked by it drop health and or explode from the burning light of his abilities.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

auto targeting

at least on switch he has that 😄

5 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

His three needs a flat change up

agreed on that.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

ethal but naked (no defense mods or life strike)

not needed imo 😄

12 minutes ago, LokiTheCondom said:

They shoulda kept Super Jump over Radial Javelin

The literally redundant movement ability that is equalled by our double-jump for actual movement, let alone our Bullet Jump, and supposedly would have been 'saved' by the brief period of invisibility that would 'force enemies to re-target'?

Neither should have been kept, Radial Javelin died on the day it became a limited amount of targets and line-of-sight, and Super Jump was niche before Parkour 2.0 came out, and invisibility didn't fit Excal's theme anyway.

But as to the OP;

Until Excal gets some more work done to get rid of the fat and replace it with an actually useful ability, remember that 2 will get you out of almost everything. See a group of enemies, blind them. See an enemy you want to kill, blind it.

Stops them from shooting you in the first place, so you don't take the damage and you don't die as easily. Plus it will force an 'unaware' state on them while they're staggering, which will boost your damage because for those few seconds the first hit will count as a Stealth hit. And after those few seconds they still can't actually see you, so they can only fire in your general direction, not actually target you, until the duration ends.

Use it often, use it well. And have fun!

5 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Until Excal gets some more work done to get rid of the fat and replace it with an actually useful ability, remember that 2 will get you out of almost everything. See a group of enemies, blind them. See an enemy you want to kill, blind it.

Yeh, I know. I blind stuff regularly with 2, because he’d be dead in an instant other wise.

slide attack with his 4 active is a thing too.

I dont have any defensive mods on him. No health, armor or shields. But a marking system to get some energy or life orbs (a little mini nekros) or a dot on enemies might be more useful, than that unloved javilin. Look at Nehza’s energy and health “economy”. Much fun.

Slash dash also makes him invincible.

Post Umbra, I’d just like to see a little refresh on him.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

9 hours ago, Thaylien said:

The literally redundant movement ability that is equalled by our double-jump for actual movement, let alone our Bullet Jump, and supposedly would have been 'saved' by the brief period of invisibility that would 'force enemies to re-target'?

Neither should have been kept, Radial Javelin died on the day it became a limited amount of targets and line-of-sight, and Super Jump was niche before Parkour 2.0 came out, and invisibility didn't fit Excal's theme anyway.

Both are redundant, mmyes , but I personally gain more amusement from Super Jump, but you do you.

We can both agree that Rad Jav shoulda been replaced by something else. 

On 2018-12-01 at 3:20 PM, Kyoresh said:

at least on switch he has that 😄

I was never a big user of it, but I puttered for an hour or so in the simulacrum tangling with a mob maxed out leveled corrupted heavy gunners and it’s fine. I suspect laggy multiplayer might be more of an issue.

What irks me more is how Excal can end up with a different weapon equiped than when he entered exalted blade (i also pop in and out of tenno a lot and end up with my frame crouched). Might be tied to leaving exalted state when energy is exhausted. It got me killed several times.

9 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

I was never a big user of it, but I puttered for an hour or so in the simulacrum tangling with a mob maxed out leveled corrupted heavy gunners and it’s fine. I suspect laggy multiplayer might be more of an issue.

What irks me more is how Excal can end up with a different weapon equiped than when he entered exalted blade (i also pop in and out of tenno a lot and end up with my frame crouched). Might be tied to leaving exalted state when energy is exhausted. It got me killed several times.

well the input lag on switch is definitley insane. Tried hacking the grineer cipher....and oh my god. I always had to aim at the one before the one I needed to hit to actually get it done.

27 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

yep. Might be a general console thing, but compared to pc it feels pretty insane to play like that 😄

Feel my pain. I cut my teeth on pc games. 20 years later I still hate console aiming.

luckily keyboard and mouse work on ps4 now but I can’t rebind keys yet.

1 hour ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Feel my pain. I cut my teeth on pc games. 20 years later I still hate console aiming.

luckily keyboard and mouse work on ps4 now but I can’t rebind keys yet.

ye I dont think anyone coming from PC would enjoy playing warframe on the switch/consoles ^^

there are 6 main problems with slash dash from my experience

1) slash dash's speed between targets cannot be modded with casting speed mods.

2) apply casting speed mods actually decrease the range of slash dash when using it for mobility.

3) the AOE that determines which enemies are hit by the ability is more of a horizontal box rather than what could be assumed a half-sphere. looking straight forward and between your targets presents the most valued damage, but looking downward or upward reduces value. its a manageable issue really. you get used to it quickly if you know how it works.

4) enemy cover such as fences are the bane of slash dash.

5) targeted enemies that are faster than slash dash can escape easily. a solution would be to simply make it so that enemies are temporarily immobile or slowed when they are targeted.

6) this is a cosmetic issue. personally i think it looks bad when slash dash only uses the first exalted blade striking animation for every first cast when using Slash Dash for mobility. it would be nice if there were two different kinds of animations; one a relaxed dashing animation without a summoned blade when there are no enemies targeted and another being the default animation when enemies are targeted.

just my personal opinion, i think a simply faster slash dash would fix most of its problems.