Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game?

Grimmstyler

15 minutes ago, Parzii said:

Did you really think your reply to this thread was so clever that it warranted it's own post?

Actually this has been in my mind for a couple days after seeing Topics about End Game..

It's not a glorificati9n to another Topic..

People say they want End Game, I find it a ridiculous use of words. If Warframe had a end i would have put this game down a long time ago 

But really i guess it's just a cliche' that I'm not fond of because it sounds like what it is.

21 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Actually this has been in my mind for a couple days after seeing Topics about End Game..

It's not a glorificati9n to another Topic..

People say they want End Game, I find it a ridiculous use of words. If Warframe had a end i would have put this game down a long time ago 

But really i guess it's just a cliche' that I'm not fond of because it sounds like what it is.

you are simply not very well versed in gaming lingo.

end game, in any game, refers simply to the final stage of said game. or in other words "it's what you do at the highest level"

In warframe the endgame is really only just collect everything, level MR and... well that's it. Whouldnt be much of a problem if we had any challenge left in the game, but the enemies that you fight to achieve that goal are all low level for what we have. that's why people are complaining, its less the lack of an endgame, but more the lack of a challenge in endgame because we're basicly all demigods rn

Edited by iHaku

When you click at the exit button, it asks you 'Leave to fight another day?', so even that isn't endgame in that sense. :D

Imo. maining Banshee and Harrow is endgame but there is no incentive to do so set by the devs other than the fun factor and having your stat screen looking cool because you main a frame that doesn't have a point and click meta.

So in the end we're back to no endgame.

2 hours ago, iHaku said:

you are simply not very well versed in gaming lingo.

end game, in any game, refers simply to the final stage of said game. or in other words "it's what you do at the highest level"

In warframe the endgame is really only just collect everything, level MR and... well that's it. Whouldnt be much of a problem if we had any challenge left in the game, but the enemies that you fight to achieve that goal are all low level for what we have. that's why people are complaining, its less the lack of an endgame, but more the lack of a challenge in endgame because we're basicly all demigods rn

Well it's like I said.. There is no End Game in Warframe because the enemy levels scale infinitely (in specific missions). Its not necessary to release stronger Weapons, Mods and Warframes, it takes the skill out of the game in a regular Mission scenario.

End Game in Warframe is a constant battle of a matter of Opinion. Not everyone wants to play a mission for a hour + and really why do you need to?For a Challenge? What about real life things that need attention? For 1 example, using the Bathroom..

Arbitrations are great. The Arbitor thing is Meh.. You get 1 Life.. Then you'll have to wait another Hour for the next available mission unless you join a Host that hasn't played in the hour. Most of all the rewards are Pfff.. Endo??

All the Top Tier Weapons, Mods and Warframe Abilities make the original missions a breeze. Its great for farming thru missions, but to a newer player they just follow the DPS.. Then they could do the same by just watching a YouTube video build, get the mods, then figure this game is easy and pointless. Again, why would i go thru a mission for a hour+? Oh right . To scale enemy level for a Challenge.. 

If anything, "End Game" should be put into the Booster Mission Rewards.. +DMG to Weapons Booster, + Warframe Abilty Strength, etc.. That would accommodate extended play.

Affinity Booster Mission Reward? That's pointless, you'll get enough Affinity killing stuff thru the Mission..

Resource Drop Chance and Resource Boosters are Great!

Credit Booster? Meh, many things can be sold for Credits.

Top Tier Weapons and (the most powerful) Warframe Abilities shouldn't be so OP too where regular missions are just a run thru. That's where"End Game"  material really makes it Game Over on specific Missions, hence, no Challenge.. 

You want a Challenge? Try playing without mods in a regular lvl 60+ Mission.. But why would anyone do that with everything they aquired? Then why would anyone want to play a mission for + amount of time to scale the enemy level for a Challenge?

It seems there needs to be Mission Enemy Level Select. How often it will be utilized for high level without a difference in Resource Drops is something unaccounted for.. Like why would i do a higher level Mission if i can do a lower level and build to a higher level and get a Resource Drop Booster? It would seem a Resource Drop Booster should be embedded into a higher level Mission regardless.. Like a Dark Sector..

Really what my point is, is that "End Game" material kills everything in lower level missions, then everyone complains about it in Forums. Which people lose interest and it's End Game..

High Tier material shouldn't be put into Warframes and Weapons, but the Mission Reward Boosters.

You know there are a lot of people that get thier hands on a Arca Plasmor and that's the only weapon they need thru the game..

Then even starting a low level Mission and scaling it higher, it's bound to happen a enemy will 1 shot you or a Defense Target..

Edited by Grimmstyler

@iHaku

Furthermore..

Why do lower level enemies look the same as higher level enemies? Shouldn't higher Level enemies be the ones with better Weapons? Better Armor?

(Example: a LVL1 Heavy Gunner looks the same as a LVL100 Heavy Gunner)

Rivens? I like Rivens. They make you think on a weapon build. The Rolls are random. And they add a actually feel to a weapon like it should be. Like yeah this is a Sci Fi game, but let me shoot you with a shotgun and let's see if it takes more than 1 shot 😀

The mod system is good, but don't OP it..

Edited by Grimmstyler

it seems as if you lost your own train of thought along the way.

what "endgame" in gaming is, is pretty clear, i touched on that earlyer. what the literal words "end" and "game" in combination mean to you is irrelevant to the discussion about endgame and have nothing to do with feedback really. endgame is just the combination of all activities you have at your disposal once you completed the main story wether you like the term or not.

if you want to talk or give feedback about any of the things you mentioned there feel free to post in any of the dozen posts about balance of that respective part of the game (rivens, level scaling, whatever) we have more then enough of those already.

7 hours ago, iHaku said:

it seems as if you lost your own train of thought along the way.

what "endgame" in gaming is, is pretty clear, i touched on that earlyer. what the literal words "end" and "game" in combination mean to you is irrelevant to the discussion about endgame and have nothing to do with feedback really. endgame is just the combination of all activities you have at your disposal once you completed the main story wether you like the term or not.

if you want to talk or give feedback about any of the things you mentioned there feel free to post in any of the dozen posts about balance of that respective part of the game (rivens, level scaling, whatever) we have more then enough of those already.

My impression is  that "End Game"  means making Warframes and Weapons stronger just to fight higher end level enemies, due to the fact that Missions can be extensively played (Infinitely). People can be competitive gameplayers..

DE is making the user end Weapons and Warframes stronger for what purpose? There are no difficulty select modes like Diablo 2 (Normal, Nightmare, Hell). If there was, the current mods render Normal mode unchallengable (which it already does and takes experience from New players).

Then.. New content is still in the works as well.. New content could be forever made to hold interest in a game..  Again, "End Game" is a bad term to use..

Would making enemies so hard that some people wouldn't be able to do, A good idea? (I think not)

Then the conflict is the same.. Missions start at the same enemy level, and you have OP Weapons and Warframes that mix in with new players thru Matchmaking because that's what is available.

The simple solution is to have Difficulty Modes (unlockable thru the Star Map). Like completion of Quests and Nodes appt you in a separate Public Matchmaking Environment.

Mission Rewarded Weapon and Warframe Boosters added for extensive play like i was saying in my previous reply.. (Defense Target Health  Booster also)

AI Warframes that can join you in a Public Matchmaking environment if there are no players available.. (There should be a option to have AI fill the 1, 2, 3 team slots if you decide to do so in a Invite only environment as well.) 

Then there are even Trollables.. Meh.. Example: High Tier Mods in Lower Difficulty Modes.. That's where game completion matchmaking needs adjusted..

Other than that,  The Exit Game button is your "End Game" 😃

Edited by Grimmstyler

@iHaku

Don't get frustrated because I don't follow game lingo..

On 2018-12-03 at 2:08 AM, Grimmstyler said:

I have a hard time hitting the Exit Button sometimes and I'd rather not see a End of Story to Warframe.

DE should make the story easier to follow and add Origin Quests to all the Warframes  like Harrow, Octavia, Inaros, Titania etc..

DE should be more detailed on what a Warframe is.. A new game called Anthem is coming out, so it's like is that what a Warframe is? Or is it just a Operator jumping in and out a Warframes (whatever that is) Butt?

Edited by Grimmstyler