Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Arbitrations were Competitive?

(PSN)LeonidasxGGG

Just now, EmberStar said:

There is no question in my mind.  This will not work.  It will not be fun.  Nothing will change my mind, because I *HATE* playing competitive games.  Warframe is one of the only games I play online, and ONLY because it's exclusively co-op.  And even then, people find ways to screw it up.  (Being hateful about non-meta builds, and especially taking the chance to gank team mates during Radiation Sorties.)

Okay dude  🙂 But this started out saying you hated PvP in games, if you're actively killing each other. And then it went into player toxicity in general. And now it's gone into why you love co-op primarily and that no matter what happens people will find a way to screw it up.

I think, there's something, perhaps inbuilt into a lot of humans just in general to want to compete and be competitive with each other, and, a lot of the time, people don't have to hate each other for it. I think there is room for people just to have a friendly game with each other, or at least, not letting the toxicity get to them for the few cases it does happen. 

As much as I would love to be on your side here and just hail mary everything and just say stuff won't work. I think its good to take risks and be optimistic, from what I heard, a system similar to this was in, back when dark sectors/solar rails were still a thing. And the veterans I have personally talked to like yourself, have all talked about it with fond memories.

1 minute ago, Moogleoftheages said:

Okay dude  🙂 But this started out saying you hated PvP in games, if you're actively killing each other. And then it went into player toxicity in general. And now it's gone into why you love co-op primarily and that no matter what happens people will find a way to screw it up.

I think, there's something, perhaps inbuilt into a lot of humans just in general to want to compete and be competitive with each other, and, a lot of the time, people don't have to hate each other for it. I think there is room for people just to have a friendly game with each other, or at least, not letting the toxicity get to them for the few cases it does happen. 

As much as I would love to be on your side here and just hail mary everything and just say stuff won't work. I think its good to take risks and be optimistic, from what I heard, a system similar to this was in, back when dark sectors/solar rails were still a thing. And the veterans I have personally talked to like yourself, have all talked about it with fond memories.

Not sure who you were talking to.  The Dark Sectors were a disaster.  Win Trading, mega-clans blockading the most valuable nodes and jacking the tax rates to 100%, actual DDOS attacks on the servers to keep attacking clans from making progress during conflicts, posting a "bounty" of a million credits and then only funding it enough for it to be paid out once (usually immediately claimed by one of their own clan)...

The Dark Sectors didn't work, which is why DE killed them.

I am not a PvP player, by far. I don't even play Conclave and I am one of the few that actually was interested a bit in Lunaro. Sadly, the lack a mini-map, the lack of love it got, plus no real rewards made everyone leave - and rightfully so too. But, by no means, I want it removed from the game. There are always those who like to test their skills against other players, and I respect that.

The thing is, ever since I saw Gambit in Destiny 2, a mode where you do NOT fight other players you just kills tonnes of ads and "compete" for a score, I said that something like THIS could very well be implemented in Warframe. A "Competitive PvE", so to speak. Besides, everyone would get rewards no matter what, the challenge would be just to "be good" at killing enemies... Something I think ALL (PvWhatever) players in Warframe strive for. Plus, I've also EDITED and added some high demand rewards in the OP (if you care to read).

Yes, DE has stated that most players in Warframe don't play PvP, but in a recent Q&A with Tactical Potato, Scott stated that they did try to make the Lunaro glove into a weapon. And TP said he would play Lunaro more if there was a weapon there... (and btw Stalker mode IS coming).

Now, I don't want DE to do this so that we 'have to' go there to get 'that excellent item that only drops there', but I feel that the requirements needed are so few, that a mode like this might as well exist for the sake of those player who actually want it. I mean they created so many redundant thing before (e.g.: Lunaro, Frame Fighter) why not put a couple of guys in it and just test it out? I do believe it is worth a shoot (specially if they included Rivens and Arcanes).