Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Pvp Feedback/bugs And Balancing

mindlord0013

First of all, fully modded weapons are OP as hell in some cases. Especially Kunai/Boltor, which not only 2 shot people, but also have an almost guaranteed stagger chance. However, some weapons that only have their CC going for them (Kestrel), is very weak in comparison.

Stealth (Loki and Ash) is very op, as they become immune to anything but aoe attacks (melee weapons inc.). Shade is op to a lesser degree, as it can be targetted even while stealthed (but because it is harder to hit, this is a problem).

Trinity: Her Energy Vampire does 25 damage per tick, while restoring the allied AND enemy energy. Well of Life outright gives an ENEMY 3000 health upon cast (no joke). Blessing, again works on enemies. Link is working as intended, but because there is no indication of it's activation, it is very op.

Ash: Aside from stealth granting invincibility to most attacks, his Shuriken can almsot certainly 1 shot any single enemy. Have not tested bladestorm yet.

Vauban: Slightly op, not as much as Ash. Tesla is very powerful, plain and simple. Bastille is well balanced. as bounce does damage, there are some hilarious trap opportunites where you can 1 shot a person with a mass-Bounce trap. Vortex works like it does in game, except it doesn't stun enemies, just holding them in place.

Ember: Sub-par all round, needs to be close to deal enough damage. Which she can't, because guns are OP. Needs further testing.

Nyx: Interesting, probably the most balanced. Mind Control works like a disruptor disruption (drains shields, energy, and causes static). Psy bolts will be good when spammed (not spammable atm due to energy distribution). Chaos is funny when it turns a sentinel against it's owner, but is otherwise pretty useless. Absorb is good, but you won't have people attack you for the duration, and it has no effect on enemies that are anywhere below you even if they are in plain view.

Other warframes need testing to be done. Frames that might be problematic include Mag, Frost, Banshee, and Nova. Loki will be annoying for the same reasons as Ash, but needs further testing on his ultimate.

Pvp is not really even in the game yet out side of dojos. The arenas that are hidden on the star map are unfinished game modes that are in the early stages of development. They were only included as a mistake/Easteregg/inside testing. As of right now DE needs NO feedback on bugs or balance issues within those pvp arenas or how they function as they are too much of a work in progress.

But if I was to provide a suggestion for pvp in general, I would say do what they do in guildwars. Have skills and mods have different affects In side pvp matches versus pve.

I'm a moron and apparently can't read.

That said, people tend to forget that implementing separate second set of characteristics for gear still implies need to balance that second set and will eat away resourses that can and should be spent fixing PvE part. It's far from a magical, effort-free fix like some try to present it.

Edited by Deicul

To be perfectly fair, I'm not calling for warframes to be completely reworked or balanced ONLY for PvP. That would be stupid, as this is a PvE game.

However, it does seem to me that Warframe abilities work slightly or completely differently in the PvP arenas. DE are certainly going to make these parts of the game in the future. This game is in Beta, we are all Beta testers. Therefore I am giving feedback on a soon to be implemented part of the game concerning bugs and balancing.

Furthermore, DE are going to be implementing PvP soon. That is certain. Do I personally believe that a full PvP game mode has a place in Warframe? No, not really. At least not as a serious part of the game. Should a PvP game mode (*when* implemented) be balanced and not full of bugs? Probably, otherwise people will complain more than they already do.

I'm not demanding PvP rewards of any kind, and I am not crying about balance.