Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking

KimchiKen_Prime

When pushing my difficulty vs infested I need to block ancients a lot because I drop stamina and speed mods for more tank and utility, since everything is still faster than me anyway. Blocking ancients prevents everything except toxic damage. They won't knock you down and disruptors won't take your energy.

Been a WHILE since I bothered though. I usually play Rhino with Energy Siphon for infested now.

I suspect the bosses might have attacks worth blocking in the future. We'll see what J3 does. They may also add block mods like reflect damage, absorb damage and gain energy or health, or store damage and add it to your next melee attack. Lots of possibilities to make it worthwhile.

Edited by VKhaun

I suspect the bosses might have attacks worth blocking in the future. We'll see what J3 does. They may also add block mods like reflect damage, absorb damage and gain energy or health, or store damage and add it to your next melee attack. Lots of possibilities to make it worthwhile.

first blocking would need to be more than 1/1000 useful situations for it to have tailored mods.

honestly, i generally only use blocking to screw around with making my character twitch while i'm waiting for Teammates at an objective, etc.

not the most productive use for it... lol.

though i must say, blocking with Fangs looks like you're clapping your hands. i never get tired of that.

Why? If the mod makes it more useful to block isn't that enough?

next, we'll have mods that... give your Warframe +5% effectiveness at doing a backfip while reloading with your feet, or 10% chance to do jazz hands while shooting a gun.

seriously, we don't need a mod for EVERYthing. and what would a mod do for blocking? 10% more block per block? i mean, seriously. (yes, i know we could have parry mods and etc, but there's major issues with blocking that need to be addressed first, such as Stamina, awkwardness to use, and it's place [or a bit lack thereof] of a place in a fast paced game [which can be mended]).

this isn't http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering'>Magic. we aren't restricted to everything in the game being in card format, we can have things just be part of the game. 

mods are supposed to be a bonus, not inclusive of the basic things in the game.

i'm not against adding more stuff centralized around blocking, i just see other issues that should be ironed out before we start making mods for it. i fear they'll sit around like Crit mods for shotguns, useless for 3 or 4 months. 

Edited by taiiat

Right now, blocking reduces incoming damage and nothing else... I always figured it would make sense if you could block against Heavy Grineers' ground slam to retain your balance or Infested Ancient Disruptors' b*tchslap to prevent energy and shield loss (though I haven't tested neither but I guess it wouldn't stop it). Most people don't bother with it since they can simply let their shield take the beating and let it recover afterwards but I'd certainly use it if I could 'block' the ground slam then dice up a heavy grineer.

Also, instead of constantly draining your stamina, it could halt stamina regeneration while active and drain stamina when you actually block something.

The only true reason to use it is when Disruptors wind up their arm attack (tho they tend to sometimes just instantly hit you without wind-up animation) to avoid losing all your energy.

Changes they should consider to implement include:

- able to block while sprinting, jumping and wall-running without speed loss (since you take damage, you just expose yourself further and  actually get damaged even more eventually)

- less stamina usage

- (possibly) blocking melee attacks executes a counter-attack that knocks enemies down or staggers them (and nearby enemies if they are in range or stumble into each other)

Edited by ScorpDK

• 1 month later...

well... now we have mods for Blocking [Parry/ Reflect/ Reflex Guard (or something like that)]... do you use it more often?

because i try, but fail.

Mods for blocking are a bit... weird. I mean - we rarely (if totally not) has place to put them in our build and they are all 3... which are particularly (more or less) useless.  Until now, maybe only 'Parry' is good, but why to knock down enemy and take dmg/drain stamina/slower speed - when you can do it with fly kick? Whatever - still useful for 'style' play. 

Reflect totally fail. ~ 96% reflected is kind nice, but on lower levels - and why on lower levels to block? Against 50+ enemy it made dmg around 1. So - congratulation! you drain your stamina by the useless way possible.

Reflex Guard - kinda nice for players that want to forget the button 'block' and concentrate on the action and still - block occasionally...  but why such higher price and low %? Is not enough that blocking is pretty weak, it drain stamina, slows you down, but the mod for auto block gain more place from 6th lvl Redirection (and can't compare to it) and has some puny little chance to do his work.... lol. why DE?

I really hope block is maked working. At least make it fast - now is pretty slow, when your warframe return his weapon on his back - you still can shoot, but is totally waste.