Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What am I missing?

-AoN-CanoLathra-

So, I just tried out the new corpus weapons and.....

What do they do?

I know that I need to throw some forma into the Plinx before judging it, but the Exergis just seems bland. A projectile-based slug shotgun with no AoE, no special mechanics. Based on its stats I was hoping for an AoE explosion, but as is, it runs into the same problem all other slow status-based weapons have: 100% status chance doesn't matter if you can only hit so many times per second. And the new whip is just a worse Atterax with a built-in element that doesn't help it much (except possibly gas/electric with CO).

I am feeling very underwhelmed by these weapons. Am I missing some hidden mechanic here, are are they really just mediocre?

2 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

And the new whip is just a worse Atterax with a built-in element that doesn't help it much (except possibly gas/electric with CO).

Actually I think it's one of the better weapons lol.

It has IPS and electricity (+ toxin = Corrosive). I haven't compared it until it's fully built and I tested it but it seems like a better Lecta

I honestly thought the exergis had some hidden mechanic that made it shoot more than once per reload by doing something. But no, it's 1 shot, reload, eek... The damage is good and all but only 1 shot per clip, and a reload which is longer than it should be is really holding it back.