Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add A Lotus Logo When A Dev Posts On A Thread.

Rettycombine

Definitely also a big want.

Surely, you can just have a boolean field in your forum database (e.g. dev_posted) that's set to false by default, then when a dev posts on the thread this field is set to true, hence removing the need for a "Dev tracker"

Page load times wouldn't even be increased by as small an amount as a few millisecond

Edited by Ezard

Surely, you can just have a boolean field in your forum database (e.g. dev_posted) that's set to false by default, then when a dev posts on the thread this field is set to true, hence removing the need for a "Dev tracker"

Page load times wouldn't even be increased by as small an amount as a few millisecond

For a self-made forum it would do it, but they use IP Board (AFAIK) and extending these pre-made solutions is not always a trivial task.

For a self-made forum it would do it, but they use IP Board (AFAIK) and extending these pre-made solutions is not always a trivial task.

Yeah I know they use IP.Board (I've written an Android version of the forums), but as I have no experience with IP.Board (I just write my own stuff), I have absolutely no idea how much control they have over it XD

But hey, I thought I may as well suggest it :-)

Yeah I know they use IP.Board (I've written an Android version of the forums), but as I have no experience with IP.Board (I just write my own stuff), I have absolutely no idea how much control they have over it XD

But hey, I thought I may as well suggest it :-)

Don't get me wrong, suggestions are always good :) I just thought I'll add my 2 cents (or regional equivalent) on it.

This was a thing on the BSN forums where if a BSN dev posted in a thread, "Bioware" would appear under the title, Devs like becca would have a large blue lotus, Community mods would have smaller green lotuses, ETC ETC.

The symbol already exists AND it says their role here in bright red. What more do you want? O.o

Is it also possible to add a quick way of flicking through the DE staff posts within topics similar to the way its done on the LoL forums by having small first (<<), back(<), next(>) & last(>>) buttons just at the top right of their posts? I'd link a pic but I'm limited at work :'(

Edited by Temporary