Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me or taking down Profit-Taker is extremely unrewarding?

Tellakey

Только что, (XB1)DShinShoryuken сказал:

DE has a job that we the players seem to never think about- if they made the Archguns easy to summon, keep in missions, and do bigger damage, would they become the META? They have to weigh this with EVERYTHING they give the player against EVERYTHING they plan on giving the players to play against.

They had a solid solution when they showed then for the first time: restrict movement and took primary and secondary slots. You gain heavy hitting gun, but lose options and mobility.

1 час назад, NocheLuz сказал:

It's depend I think? But Arch-gun are normally have higher damage compare to normal gun counterparts. Also, IDK why anyone whould use Arch-gun in normal mission. DE state clearly that it's only serve as short-time damage burst. So I quote 'The intent here is to allow you moments of beefy damage output, and not become just another Primary/Secondary weapon.'. And I won't argue about how it may change in the future. Since anything can change.

Yea, BUT our normal guns already have beefy damage output x2 with no restrictions at all. So arch guns are just limited and bad weapons with a lot of restrictions..it reminds me of hysterya. Same problems. Little to no benefit and lots of restrictions. With new arcanes situation is even worse. Why should I waste my combo counter to heal up and "deal damage", when I can swich to operator and heal up everyone for free? Same logic with arch guns? Why should I swich to weapon that deals less damage and have limited ammo suply with 10 min cooldown timer after I swich to my other guns, when I can deal MORE damage with my primary/secondary with no restrictions.

To make arch guns usefull DE need to step outside a boxie for a second and instead of buffing stats make them act like useless amps - ignore all damage resistances(does not affect sentients). Armor, shield, ancient healer aura - forget about it.

Of course they have to deal with this useless 10 min cooldown. The is 2 selutions to this:

1) Simple and stupid - decrece cooldown to < 5min or less.

2)Simple and more locigal - change the way heavy ammo work and add them to normal missions as a uncommon ammo drop. Instead of restoring 100% of your ammunition/resetting your cd timer they will restore some of your ammo/decrease current cd timer by a set amount of seconds.

That way arch guns will be powerfull and useable in normal missions as "time to give them the buisness" button.

15 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

That way arch guns will be powerfull and useable in normal missions as "time to give them the buisness" button.

I think either my Arch-gun is too powerful or your Arch-gun is not suite for normal mission...

As I said earlier that I did use Imperator Vandal to be my surface Arch-gun. I did said I did 1300+ Crit damage on Orb. But I just recently using it on tier 4 intermission. I'll admit that the gun ammo is not that much and if it shooting continually it would deplete it's ammo with in 30 seconds or less. But because it's very powerful I kill most enemies with 1 or 2 bullets to the weak point. The crit damage is 4500+ on the weak point and about 800 - 1200 crit damage on other parts (base on enemies type). Which is more powerful then my Soma Prime that build for Crit damage and it's crit damage is only about 400+ damage.

If you use it on the beginning of the mission, yeah it's ammo would run out easily. But you only needed to use it on bosses... and it's not like you fight boss more then once in the mission (some may have 2 bosses like Raptor/other Corpus proxies but you still fight them in the same room). Also, you sounded like you want the Arch-gun to be another Primary/Secondary weapon... which DE clearly state that that is not the way what they want you to using it... But TBH, I would like it to be weapon that replace all weapons slot and have very limited internal ammo mutation, like only restore 20% of each ammo type of the gun Ex. only receieve 12 ammo when using Imperator Vandal and pick-up Rifle ammo.

Только что, NocheLuz сказал:

But TBH, I would like it to be weapon that replace all weapons slot and have very limited internal ammo mutation, like only restore 20% of each ammo type of the gun Ex. only receieve 12 ammo when using Imperator Vandal and pick-up Rifle ammo.

Yea..that sounds great.

As for the build. I think I just need to farm new mods but them..where do I put max ammo mod. Extra 600 rounds is a must have, but i don't want to sacrifice my element/crit damage

6 hours ago, RX-3DR said:

The Eidolon Teralyst was also in a similar situation during the initial release of the plains.

Smart man learns from his mistakes, whereas dumb one is bound to repeat them.

They had whole year of amassed feedback and opinions and suggestions and then they relase the same thing? Well... Yeah...

22 minutes ago, deothor said:

Smart man learns from his mistakes, whereas dumb one is bound to repeat them.

They had whole year of amassed feedback and opinions and suggestions and then they relase the same thing? Well... Yeah...

Yes...DE is very smart.   They 100% know if players will figure out an exploit that allows them to trivialize the encounter and get those rewards at a stupidly fast rate that many will do it.     Hell, look at the k-drive race bug that was discovered.  If you had a fast finger you could have earned your daily standing cap in under 2 minutes based upon the rep rewards just released now with Fortuna 2.0.

So yes...DE did it 100% correctly IMO because I know a non-trivial percent of the player base has zero issue with manipulating the game to their own benefit.

Edited by Chappie1975