Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Forma'd Frames/weaps Experience Not Counting Towards Rank ?

TaTooKa

First off, I searched the forum and didn't find anything about this (maybe if there existed a post about this subject is well buried in the past and I couldn't find it. If that's the case, please point me towards that thread please).

My question to the developers is this:

Why is it that when you apply a Forma to a frame or weapon and you level it up again, this experience doesn't add up to your account rank ?

is this a choice by design, or is it an side effect / bug ? If its designed this way, what's the purpose or idea behind the decision ?

Now, to the community in general, what do you think about this ? Should a re-levelled frame/weapon add experience to the account Rank  or not ? Why ?

Personally, I'd like to be able to re-level a warframe/weapon I have fun playing with, without feeling I'm "wasting my time" because I should be unlocking other frames/weapons just to gain Rank.

I know this is not the best business model for DE since this allows users to potentially gain rank without buying more warframe/weapon slots, but still it doesn't sound that bad on paper. 

The "rank factor" still has its meaning, though. If I have two or three warframes only, but all of them have lots of Forma applied, that means I've played a lot and my arsenal is very powerful because of mod level / capacity.

What do you think ?

Because I could reach Rank 9001 by having one Warframe, one primary, one sidearm, and one melee, and spamming defense missions to get void keys, and the void missions to get forma, and never MASTERING anything else.

It would make it absurdly easy for someone to get enough ranks to use whatever they want without varying their playstyle at all. There is no "mastering" going on.

Edited by AureusVulpes

Because if you could get mastery from anything, every time you level, there would have to be a reason for that to be in the game.

Which means more gated Weapons and Frames, a larger power gap between new and old players, elitism, and &#!-hattary would run amok...

Not that it doesn't already in same cases... but even more so.

DE is also concerned about the new player experience as well, which is not a bad thing to start now, and not two years after launch in a mad attempt to get more interest in the game... unlike some other games I could name....

It's rather because DE seems to want players to use (or not) all weapons in the arsenal, regardless of just how bad they are.

But that's the point, why should we be forced to play with warframes/weapons we don't care about or don't have fun with ?

Right now mastery rank has a purpose (unlocking high level content) so we are indirectly forced to gain rank if we want to progress in the game. Should we consider levelling stuff we don't want or care about just another form of grind ? I hope not...

But that's the point, why should we be forced to play with warframes/weapons we don't care about or don't have fun with ?

Right now mastery rank has a purpose (unlocking high level content) so we are indirectly forced to gain rank if we want to progress in the game. Should we consider levelling stuff we don't want or care about just another form of grind ? I hope not...

You aren't fluent in sarcasm, are you? :P

Just to make a point on how ridiculous the mastery system actually is:

The highest achievable rank in Warframe right now is 12 (Gold Seeker). After that there's at least 12 more ranks (3x Eagle, 3x Hunter, 3x Master, 3x Grand Master).

To get to rank 24, you need 1,440,000 Mastery, which is equivalent to 40 Warframes and 400 weapons leveled to 30.

First of all, I'm kind of wondering if DE will actually manage to make that many weapons without creating tons of extremely similar weapons and second I wonder why DE wants to force players to use them all.

Leveling all of those will likely require 2000+ hours of playing, mostly playing with weapons you only equip until they reach rank 30 by shared experience jand never even actually used.

What's the point in making players level weapons they never use and throw into the trash once they reach 30?

Because you're not mastering a new weapon.

/thread

Also if leveling a weapon to 30 means "mastering" it, why does Forma reset the level?

Ced, Blatant, I summon thee in Lock mode... pretty please?

Rise from your idle desktops, oh humble moderators of the Frames made for War, and lock the thread which I have called you to do so!

RISE MY FELLOW COMPANIONS, RISK THY OP THE HUMILIATION OF THE THREAD, AND LOCK IT OUT OF EXISTANCE

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE

Rise from your idle desktops, oh humble moderators of the Frames made for War, and lock the thread which I have called you to do so!

RISE CHILDREN OF TALOS, RISK THY LIVES AGAINST THE THALMOR, AND OVERTHROW YOUR ELVEN MASTERS!

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE

My apologies. Was playing too much Skyrim recently, and it was hard to resist, what with that priest screaming those words whenever i passed by.

But seriously...

I summon Ced or Blatant in Lock mode. Please? I sacrificed a Dark Magician and everything.

wait let me see if I get what most of you are trying to say:

You are forced to use weapons and warframes you don't like in order to advance in the game, and you don't consider this a flaw in design ?

I hope you are not the ones that influence the game's direction through the Design Council...

You are forced to use weapons and warframes you don't like in order to advance in the game, and you don't consider this a flaw in design ?

I hope you are not the ones that influence the game's direction through the Design Council...

As far as I see it the problem with mastery ranks xp system is that a first level from a warframe/weapon get you as much mastery xp as a level 30 from the same item.

It's...unwise.

Edited by Kitzun

Negative. What we're saying is mastery (read - to master a thing) means you don't already know the ins and outs of something... You know, like the frame you mastered, then reforged. Why would you gain mastery (read - to master a thing) experience again for what you've already done at least once? That's double dipping. No chips for you.