Jump to content
  • 1

Unable to play forunta or eidolon


silversilver
 Share

Question

Not really sure where to post this but this problem has me at wittsend

I am unable to play fortuna or eidolon how it was ment to be played, in groups. Everytime i load into open world or a bounty with matchmaking set to public, i am set as the host and NOBODY can connect to me it seems. Takes me around 2 mins to load into the world from waiting in the elevator/waiting room, after that i get notifications that people have joined my squad, their name shows up in grey under my name right hand side then they never enter, some dude waited 5mins to join me and was even able to type in chat that he was stuck in the elevator but was never able to come out. They just end up leaving the squad meanwhile im halfway done with the mission. Also the NPC dialog is slow to come up, sometimes i get the NPC dialog of phase 1/5 when im already on phase 3-4.

I do not have this problem in regular pub play just open world.

I can run this game at 100-230 fps on max settings. Download speed is 111mbps upload 37mbps with 9ms ping to test server and around 16-75 ingame depending on who host. Ive ran cc cleaner, opened the needed ports on my router, defragged my harddrive, optimized game cache using launcher, changed in game setting from desktop to laptop(im still running a desktop) and set my ping to unlimted

 

please.... im seriously completely and totally lost here... I dont have archwing launcher, upgraded kdrive or any of that fancy new open world stuff, i havent even done profit taker or started the quest since my standing is so low. Doing open world solo completely defeats the point for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, silversilver said:

Not really sure where to post this but this problem has me at wittsend

I am unable to play fortuna or eidolon how it was ment to be played, in groups. Everytime i load into open world or a bounty with matchmaking set to public, i am set as the host and NOBODY can connect to me it seems. Takes me around 2 mins to load into the world from waiting in the elevator/waiting room, after that i get notifications that people have joined my squad, their name shows up in grey under my name right hand side then they never enter, some dude waited 5mins to join me and was even able to type in chat that he was stuck in the elevator but was never able to come out. They just end up leaving the squad meanwhile im halfway done with the mission. Also the NPC dialog is slow to come up, sometimes i get the NPC dialog of phase 1/5 when im already on phase 3-4.

I do not have this problem in regular pub play just open world.

I can run this game at 100-230 fps on max settings. Download speed is 111mbps upload 37mbps with 9ms ping to test server and around 16-75 ingame depending on who host. Ive ran cc cleaner, opened the needed ports on my router, defragged my harddrive, optimized game cache using launcher, changed in game setting from desktop to laptop(im still running a desktop) and set my ping to unlimted

 

please.... im seriously completely and totally lost here... I dont have archwing launcher, upgraded kdrive or any of that fancy new open world stuff, i havent even done profit taker or started the quest since my standing is so low. Doing open world solo completely defeats the point for me.

What happenes if you get somebody else to invite you to their squad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Ver1dian said:

Same happens to me when I have internet issues, look into that.

What exactly should i look into? Have no lag and other games work flawlessly

1 hour ago, Shalath said:

What happenes if you get somebody else to invite you to their squad?

Unsure since i have no in gamefriends 😢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, silversilver said:

What exactly should i look into? Have no lag and other games work flawlessly

Unsure since i have no in gamefriends 😢

What region have you selected in the networking options in WF?

You could just ask in chat if somebody could invite you to test matchmaking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Sounds like a network problem. Do you use a cable modem?

Try a simple Traceroute to Canada and see what you get.

Start > Type Command > Open Command Prompt > type " tracert sitka.triumf.ca "

It's just some Canadian site I looked up that doesn't have firewall or port blocks in the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
29 minutes ago, Shalath said:

What region have you selected in the networking options in WF?

You could just ask in chat if somebody could invite you to test matchmaking.

North America and i guess ill try that

9 minutes ago, Dries110 said:

This is an out of the box answer

Check your DRAM, if both are working.

 

i got the same issues and when i found out one of my DRAM banks was busted, i replaced them and the problem was fixed.

 

Wouldnt i notice id be down some ram? Im still showing all 8gb

Edited by silversilver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Sounds like a network problem. Do you use a cable modem?

Try a simple Traceroute to Canada and see what you get.

Start > Type Command > Open Command Prompt > type " tracert sitka.triumf.ca "

It's just some Canadian site I looked up that doesn't have firewall or port blocks in the way.

Cable modem to a router with a cat 6 sending it to my desktop. Optimum service provider

Windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition

Here's the results of what you asked

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert sitka.triumf.ca

Tracing route to andrew.triumf.ca [142.90.106.59]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  openrg.home [192.168.1.1]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    14 ms     7 ms     9 ms  67.59.237.29
  4     8 ms     8 ms     7 ms  ool-4353fd94.dyn.optonline.net [67.83.253.148]
  5     8 ms     8 ms     8 ms  64.15.7.65
  6     9 ms     9 ms    10 ms  64.15.3.122
  7    36 ms    33 ms    32 ms  64.15.0.198
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13    97 ms    95 ms    95 ms  207.35.9.226
 14    82 ms    85 ms    83 ms  cr1-tx3927.vncv1.bc.net [207.23.253.53]
 15    82 ms    83 ms    82 ms  207.23.240.13
 16    84 ms    82 ms    84 ms  jfire-wanfw-reth0-202.triumf.ca [142.90.1.10]
 17    83 ms    85 ms    89 ms  tr-lan-irb-208.triumf.ca [142.90.1.33]
 18    84 ms    83 ms    84 ms  andrew.triumf.ca [142.90.106.59]

Trace complete.

Ran this with the game open not sure if it affects results

Going to assume those request time outs might be my problem but i am unsure of what to do next

Edited by silversilver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, silversilver said:

Cable modem to a router with a cat 6 sending it to my desktop. Optimum service provider

Trace complete.

Ran this with the game open not sure if it affects results

 

Hmm.. I didn't get any time outs but that could be hop related.

Check on the stats for your cable modem. Most use 192.168.100.1 you can just put that address into your browser.

Downstream SNR= Anything above 32dB

Upstream SNR=Anything above 25db

Downstream Signal Level=Anything between -10 to +10 dBmV

Upstream Signal Level=Anything between +30 to 52dBmV

I personally think anything above 50dBmV is too much.

The cable company will argue that even 57 is acceptable and for many modems it's not. It's too much noise.

If that address doesn't work you can look up your cable modem's surfboard address by model.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

 

Hmm.. I didn't get any time outs but that could be hop related.

Check on the stats for your cable modem. Most use 192.168.100.1 you can just put that address into your browser.

Downstream SNR= Anything above 32dB

Upstream SNR=Anything above 25db

Downstream Signal Level=Anything between -10 to +10 dBmV

Upstream Signal Level=Anything between +30 to 52dBmV

I personally think anything above 50dBmV is too much.

The cable company will argue that even 57 is acceptable and for many modems it's not. It's too much noise.

If that address doesn't work you can look up your cable modem's surfboard address by model.

First time ever going into the modem so i dont know what im looking for, just copy-pasted this

RF Parameters

Downstream

  DCID Freq Power SNR Modulation Octets Correcteds Uncorrectables
Downstream 1 17 675.00 MHz 0.39 dBmV 37.64 dB 256QAM 18791415207 0 0
Downstream 2 15 663.00 MHz 0.44 dBmV 38.26 dB 256QAM 22070001987 30 0
Downstream 3 16 669.00 MHz 0.50 dBmV 38.61 dB 256QAM 22654041817 0 0
Downstream 4 18 681.00 MHz 0.87 dBmV 38.26 dB 256QAM 18997129117 1 0
Downstream 5 19 687.00 MHz -3.20 dBmV 36.39 dB 256QAM 19255864967 3351 1357
Downstream 6 20 693.00 MHz -2.82 dBmV 36.84 dB 256QAM 19090143095 3350 1154
Downstream 7 23 711.00 MHz -3.38 dBmV 37.36 dB 256QAM 23923978216 16933 104005
Downstream 8 24 717.00 MHz -3.61 dBmV 36.84 dB 256QAM 25583787743 3874 1367
Reset FEC Counters

Upstream

  UCID Freq Power Channel Type Symbol Rate Modulation
Upstream 1 37 35.00 MHz 48.25 dBmV DOCSIS2.0 (ATDMA) 5120 kSym/s 64QAM
Upstream 2 40 14.00 MHz 47.00 dBmV DOCSIS2.0 (ATDMA) 5120 kSym/s 64QAM
Upstream 3 39 22.00 MHz 47.25 dBmV DOCSIS2.0 (ATDMA) 5120 kSym/s 64QAM
Upstream 4 38 28.40 MHz 48.00 dBmV DOCSIS2.0 (ATDMA) 5120 kSym/s 64QAM

 

Cant go into advance settings getting a 403 forbidden

Turned off my firewall and ran the trace again with no real change, still getting time outs where i was before

 

went into another fortuna hoping it was just my firewall but got this

https://imgur.com/tvbHccI

They started the mission apparently and didnt even see my name but i could still interact with them?Only in open world has this happened

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 minutes ago, silversilver said:

First time ever going into the modem so i dont know what im looking for, just copy-pasted this

Turned off my firewall and ran the trace again with no real change, still getting time outs where i was before

went into another fortuna hoping it was just my firewall but got this

https://imgur.com/tvbHccI

They started the mission apparently and didnt even see my name but i could still interact with them?Only in open world has this happened

 

Advanced tab requires the account user/pass but it's not needed, your cable stats look fine.

Is your router build into the modem or can you bypass it? It's the last simple thing I could find cause to blame since you turned the firewall off and still got bad results. After that it could be nearly anything. The node your particular branch connects to. One of the hops on the way. Even a dying Ethernet card. If plugging directly into the modem doesn't work then it's gunna be an long troubleshooting trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

 

Advanced tab requires the account user/pass but it's not needed, your cable stats look fine.

Is your router build into the modem or can you bypass it? It's the last simple thing I could find cause to blame since you turned the firewall off and still got bad results. After that it could be nearly anything. The node your particular branch connects to. One of the hops on the way. Even a dying Ethernet card. If plugging directly into the modem doesn't work then it's gunna be an long troubleshooting trip.

Bypassed my router went right to the modem here are my results

Firewall off:first bounty loaded in about a min went great

second bounty went good too loaded in about a minute but leaving was another story. Everybody entered the elevator shaft and as it was going down i got a blue screen error stop0x050(lots of zeros before the 50)

first time ever getting that error

loaded up everything turned my firewall back on third run spent 4min in the elevator never loaded in

turned the firewall off loaded into a match in about 1-2 mins did it fine, tried leaving crashed again bsod with the same error

run 4 firewall off still connected to modem took about 2 min to load in and had 250ms(even if i readjusted max ping to 175) everybody had 250ms that time and i was not hosting so i will assume it was just bad host. Left early as the lag was bad

 

still running games but ill assume the problem lies within my router and my firewall...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Run 5 firewall down and connected directly to my modem

waited 7 mins to enter a bounty(gave up)

asked my teammates if i was in game or if my name was under theirs near the health bar, all 3 said no

i still had access to the fortuna region/trade chat while using my squad chat

all this while still in the elevator and biz telling me the details of the current mission/ seeing the objective under my mini map

 

what the actual fuk?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I'm starting to think this might be an issue with Warframe itself.

Did this start on the Fortuna part2 main update? Every since that update I've been getting handshake lag when swapping gear.

Honestly im not sure, i only recently (mesa prime release date)started playing again after a few months.

also i was just chilling in my orbiter and got the same blue screen crash. Im highly confused as to how or why this is happening after turning off and on the firewall few times.

going to uninstall the game and try a fresh reinstall maybe it will help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Perhaps Windows Firewall is still blocking some Warframe ports?

Unfortunately, Warframe networking and group finding is mostly garbage. Try putting the ping at 400 or unlimited to see if it sticks you in a group.

EDIT sounds like you already tried unlimited ping so I don't know what to tell you, sorry....

Edited by hooperinius
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Reinstalling did jackS#&amp;&#036; other than waste an hour or two of my time..... anything guys?

edit: think reinstalling made things a bit worse as now i get network error in big red letters time to time. I played tf2 and paldins on low ping and very stable connection just to make sure i wasnt going crazy.

Edited by silversilver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

After getting a bad score on my hard drive i decided to bite the bullet and buy an sdd+ 8gb more ram

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13126857

comes in monday so i will update then to see if maybe my slow hard drive is whats causing loading errors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 6.0.2 x64 (C) 2007-2018 hiyohiyo
                          Crystal Dew World : https://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 bytes/s [SATA/600 = 600,000,000 bytes/s]
* KB = 1000 bytes, KiB = 1024 bytes

   Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) :   111.265 MB/s
  Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) :    88.936 MB/s
  Random Read 4KiB (Q=  8,T= 😎 :     0.795 MB/s [    194.1 IOPS]
 Random Write 4KiB (Q=  8,T= 😎 :     0.931 MB/s [    227.3 IOPS]
  Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) :     0.751 MB/s [    183.3 IOPS]
 Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) :     0.954 MB/s [    232.9 IOPS]
  Random Read 4KiB (Q=  1,T= 1) :     0.334 MB/s [     81.5 IOPS]
 Random Write 4KiB (Q=  1,T= 1) :     0.831 MB/s [    202.9 IOPS]

  Test : 1024 MiB [C: 54.5% (507.7/931.4 GiB)] (x5)  [Interval=5 sec]
  Date : 2018/12/22 3:51:49
    OS : Windows 7 Professional SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)
 

Just realized i spent $230 to be able to play warframe.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Bumping this up for an update

My ssd came over, i can now play fortuna and loading into missions doesnt take 4 years. So far at max it has taken 35 seconds to go from loading in the elevator to outside in fortuna. compared to almost never with my old hard drive

for future diggers who have this problem, check to see if your harddrive is just slowing you down

 

edit:

Just run a hard drive benchmark and if it looks anything like my old one (left) id suggest completely wiping your current one or getting a new one. Right is the new ssd and that being the only part i changed on my pc i can pretty much say a slow hard drive will do everything stated above assuming you knocked out any connection issues

https://imgur.com/a/gI9N0fy

Edited by silversilver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...