Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for soloing the profit taker orb?

Grayfox1990

Question

Hi,

So I've tried this 6 times and it didn't work out.

I use chroma with 957 buff, rubico radiation and euphona corrosive. Also the velocitus but might wanna get imperator vandal some day.

Problems that I have are the irritating enemy's around. Most likely the ones that knock you down and will never leave you alone.

Things that are going well for me: 1 shotting limbs with velocitus dmging the spider with slash, puncture or radiation or corrosive. Lastly the piles ofcourse.

Got to stage 4 almost.

Tips?

I need to admit, I'm not so good at these fights, as I only killed eidolons solo. Didn't even capture it cause it was harder for me. Atleast I try.

Edited by Grayfox1990

11 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Grayfox1990 said:

Hi,

So I've tried this 6 times and it didn't work out.

I use chroma with 957 buff, rubico radiation and euphona corrosive. Also the velocitus but might wanna get imperator vandal some day.

Problems that I have are the irritating enemy's around. Most likely the ones that knock you down and will never leave you alone.

Things that are going well for me: 1 shotting limbs with velocitus dmging the spider with slash, puncture or radiation or corrosive. Lastly the piles ofcourse.

Got to stage 4 almost.

Tips?

I need to admit, I'm not so good at these fights, as I only killed eidolons solo. Didn't even capture it cause it was harder for me. Atleast I try.

Imperator or Fluctus is better... 

Use Magus Elevate X2 to heal your Chroma.. Transfer in and out of Warframe a lot.. Moves around a lot..

Watch this guy solo kill Profit Taker with 4 dragon keys equipped...

https://youtu.be/ptFyUk4vDN4

4 hours ago, WSPY said:

Use Magus Elevate X2 to heal your Chroma.. Transfer in and out of Warframe a lot.. Moves around a lot..

Don't have magus elevate, but do have rank 2 momentum and rank 1 guardian.

Anyway thanks.

I'd recommend a street sweeper weapon if the adds are giving you too much trouble with their stagger frenzy.

Ignis, Amprex, Staticor, maybe Simulor now? Any explosive, Phantasma might do the trick as well.

I use Ignis. Still burns down shields nice and quick on Chroma.

Jump around like autistic monkey on crack and never stop moving/void dashing, use handspring. Literally nothing more you can do about it, it's not something skill-based or timed unlike Eidolons attacks you can avoid. There is a small window between shields that orb pushes you can run/dash through but honestly it's like 1 problem out of 99 and doesnt even worth the time doing.

Цитата

Such a pointlless video.

OP never said he has prolems doing damage, only that "fodder" enemies around that ragdoll you all over the map are annoying as ***k. And that player on a video wasn't doing anything spectacular either, even considering it's Corsair and he's better than 99% of endgame players, and better than most casual players put togetger, he still was bouncing like vauban's ball all around and kept switching elements to compensate for the keys.

That's not a boss fight but a clown's fiesta.

Edited by -Temp0-

On 2018-12-23 at 7:57 PM, -Temp0- said:

Jump around like autistic monkey on crack and never stop moving/void dashing, use handspring. Literally nothing more you can do about it, it's not something skill-based or timed unlike Eidolons attacks you can avoid. There is a small window between shields that orb pushes you can run/dash through but honestly it's like 1 problem out of 99 and doesnt even worth the time doing.

I did the jumping around thing and guess what?

I did it floks. Thank you all alot for those tips. I even manage to do this without Magus Elevate. Imperator Vandal helped as well as this above and moving around alot. I did die quiet alot but I managed to get it.

Rip fingers though 😛 

Tips for anyone that wants to try this: There were points where I could breath, whenever the orb was down and whenever the piles were up.

The fight itself was quiet funny. I was near temple fabrication, said Hiii! Byee! *hides behind mountains, Oh here I am again, peep, byeee *hides again, oh Hi there, I'm here 😛

Edited by Grayfox1990

They did indeed change it so you can have all four.

I solo the profit taker with a maximum survivability Chroma, I've got adaptation, vitality, the rest is duration mods, hunter's adrenaline and blind rage. 

Got a furis for self heal, and usually either the burston, or something similar. I have different setups available for those weapons, because being able to strike more damage types is somewhat more viable than just excelling in just one, but the most important is having a nice long reaching melee weapon to help deal with mobs. Also, when going solo, and have the velocitus, it's best to not let the enemy setup reinforcement beacons. 

Mind you, this is just my loadout, and most people disagree with going for defense over offense. 

I am thinking of setting up an Ivara to do it, As the missiles only have a 200m reach, And the fight does happen in the middle of nowhere, with plenty of empty space, and even caves around!

I try it once. It was the worst experience i ever had.

Getting staggered.

Getting jump at.

And

Drying when trying to take out my achgun. What the hell with the animation. Maybe it should be 50 sec longer. So i can enjoy my dying scene with joyful expression on my face.

Then i realised i need to pump millions of focus on my operator to get good. 

Back to POE then (T_T)

I ended up using Vazarin to heal myself and aside from what everyone else is saying ("just move around a ton to deal with the adds") it wasn't too bad.  It was a bit close on energy (would time getting hurt/rage+hunter adrenaline) but it was doable.  

Whenever switching between archgun + normal weaps, I'd void dash pretty far away.  The animation is cool, but the way it locks you in place + you can't use it in the air feels pretty bad.