Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Desert Wind and shattering impact

Ramflax

Desert Wind is a lot of fun to use and as others have pointed out it can be quite weak in late game enemies,  I think a good option for improving desert wind is not to just increase its damage, I think the option is to embrace the utility that comes from it. With wide range hits and combos that give light CC, I believe the 'projectiles' of desert wind should benefit from mods such as Shattering Impact and possibly even life strike.

Baruuk is already a utility frame and his 4th ability doing good damage is great but i dont think it would make sense to be as strong as true dps frames exalted weapon. I think giving his energy blasts the ability to utilize on-hit effect mod can bring him into an interesting spot in the team. Allowing his ranged attacks from desert wind to be shredding armor. As it stands now shattering impact and life strike work on his fists but with each hit from his fists they introducing enemies to the tenno space program, it renders them useless in actually removing armor or sustained life gain in close combat.

Edited by Ramflax

2 hours ago, vFlitz said:

Pretty sure SI works, it did when I hit a level 150 butcher in the simulacrum. No armor after one hit with the wave.

For clients it just doesn't always change the health bar color if it's SI that removes the armor

I will go test a butcher and see, perhaps the ones i was testing just had to much armor to be seen as quickly as i wanted or it bugged.

So the butchers, yes the wave removes it after one hit which shows that it does work but even with lancers they get hit by like 5-10 waves and still keep the armored hp

Edited by Ramflax

3 hours ago, Ramflax said:

I will go test a butcher and see, perhaps the ones i was testing just had to much armor to be seen as quickly as i wanted or it bugged.

So the butchers, yes the wave removes it after one hit which shows that it does work but even with lancers they get hit by like 5-10 waves and still keep the armored hp

Lancers have 100 base armor and SI removes 6 per hit, so you'd have to hit him 17 times to remove it completely. Normally it wouldn't take too long with some attack speed, but the waves are horrible at hitting enemies that are in the middle of being ragdolled

For those that are confused about Shattering Impact, remember that it works on base armour and that some enemies do have enough armour at base that they can't actually be stripped down that easily by the effect.

For example, since the Heavy Gunner has a Base Armour of 500, you need around 84 hits to fully remove its armour, so it can be completely redundant unless you have a really high rate of attack.

To be clear the misunderstanding I have with it was not on how it worked on them but the fact of how much armor a unit like a lancer actually had. Shattering Impact is a mod i always wanted to use but never found a good home for it. So I never got around into looking just how much some units had, I do very much appreciate all the assistance this thread got.

Just built him for 4 60 60 mods a pressure point critical damage and critical chance. Make your last mode optional for berserk/slash mode/spoiled strike. Then make a slash, viral and radiation build. Or magnetic and gas build. 

Ezpz. That's how I have mine built right now. And i see 19k gas critical on level 100 corpus. Could be better. But I'm still missing a mod or two to fully test it out.

But as it stands its better of going for a hybrid build till changes are made or Melee 3.0 comes out