Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Faction : Vastos

RadioactiveCammel

working on concept art now, but i see the factions of warframe as too limited and easy to kill, from where i stand, the tenno are the most technologically advanced faction in the solar system, so i was thinking: who came before they did?

They are the Vastos driven to the furthest corner of the galaxy with the emergence of the infested, they were once a great empire that eradicated all other races that opposed their will, almost wiped out by the infested, they were forced to retreat into the galactic core, where their ships have laid dormant for 45 millenia, waiting for a time when they can seize in their iron grip.

Now awoken from stasis, the Vastos seek to enslave all races with the right technology to oppose them, they have recently focused their attention on the tenno, they view the tenno and thier warframes as a technological marvel, enough so that they could destroy the Vastos, leaving their lesser evolved kin (corpus and grineer) to whittle down their defenses in order for them to strike at the heart of the tenno 

i see warframe as a lot like halo, i.e the tenno as Spartans, the Warframes as thethe Infested as the Flood, the Grineer as rebels, and the corpus as the Covenant, so what was missing were the Forerunners, so tell me what you think of this critisism is neccessary so i can improve on them

working on concept art now, but i see the factions of warframe as too limited and easy to kill, from where i stand, the tenno are the most technologically advanced faction in the solar system, so i was thinking: who came before they did?

so what was missing were the Forerunners, so tell me what you think of this critisism is neccessary so i can improve on them

Orokin.

Orokin.

... they were forced to retreat into the galactic core, where their ships have laid dormant for 45 millenia, waiting for a time when they can seize in their iron grip...

The core of the milky way is currently believed to be a black hole.

No offense but this is really stupid, it doesn't need to be Halo, and if it were why would the huge military be rebels? And why are the corpus, a business the huge religious empire, just because they have lasers? And there were the Orokin who would be the forerunner anyway, both of which are never seen. Basically, this is a bad idea, if there were going to be a new faction then I would hope it would be better than this, but I would rather improvements.

It did say in their story that the Grineer were able to inherit the abilities that the Tennos' possess, but the Tennos were mostly the ones expert at using the abilities.

Corpus isn't much connected to the Covenant from Halo despite that both have terms from the Bible. Corpus as a doctrine Merchant guild and the Covenant having it's term 'covenant' from the bible. Not really connected or similar. Not sure if Plasma and Laser make a difference.

Yes, we do can see that the Frames that the Tennos' use are also similar to Spartans from Halo. But doesn't identify if the Tennos' are really organic like human Spartans. (It did say in the wiki that; Warframes are exoskeleton armor used to protect the "wearer")

Its the Orokin that came before the... Tennos'? Am not sure, please correct if am wrong.
It did say in the story that the Orokin sent out Technocyte (Might have spelled incorrectly) to ravage against the dangers of the unknown enemy that faced which was called the Sentinents (May have mixed it around, correct if needed) Yet I believe the Flood had a different way how they were made. (Not a fully Halo fanatic)

as i said before nothing solid yet just need feedback to imporove

so you want me to change vastos to Orokin?

People just hopefully you come up with something different right now.

I would suggest that naming the arisen empire something similar to something in the past history. I mean it could be a comparison to as the Roman Empire times since you portray the 'Vastos' to enslave all factions or anything living in their cause.

-snip-

Yet I believe the Flood had a different way how they were made. (Not a fully Halo fanatic)

The Flood weren't created by the Forerunners and their only purpose I know of is to consume living matter (I may have to play the games again, it's been a while) so the Forerunner created the Halo rings to destroy them and all other living matter.

anyway back to the original post, the Corpus are in no way similar to the Covenant as the Covenant are highly religious and (as far as I know, the Warframe lore is very empty) are not. The Corpus are instead a economic race relying on buying and selling rather than brute force

I don't remember any rebels in Halo (scratch that, I just remembered that there were a mention of rebels in Reach), and if there were it wouldn't be the Grineer because they're a large militarized race focusing on claiming everything.

Tenno... alright they have a slight resemblance to Spartans however they are very different as well. The frames differ greatly and offer more than greater strength, agility and whatever else Spartans are augmented with (like I said, I need to play the Halo games again) as they offer abilities such as zapping the crap out of things, blowing things up messing with the dead etc.

Also, to answer the your question to who came before the Tenno, it's the Orokin, and the Tenno have deep ties with them (mainly their frames and the Void)

Edited by Ninjaboy00

The Flood weren't created by the Forerunners and their only purpose I know of is to consume living matter (I may have to play the games again, it's been a while) so the Forerunner created the Halo rings to destroy them and all other living matter.

anyway back to the original post, the Corpus are in no way similar to the Covenant as the Covenant are highly religious and (as far as I know, the Warframe lore is very empty) are not. The Corpus are instead a economic race relying on buying and selling rather than brute force

I don't remember any rebels in Halo (scratch that, I just remembered that there were a mention of rebels in Reach), and if there were it wouldn't be the Grineer because they're a large militarized race focusing on claiming everything.

Tenno... alright they have a slight resemblance to Spartans however they are very different as well. The frames differ greatly and offer more than greater strength, agility and whatever else Spartans are augmented with (like I said, I need to play the Halo games again) as they offer abilities such as zapping the crap out of things, blowing things up messing with the dead etc.

Also, to answer the your question to who came before the Tenno, it's the Orokin, and the Tenno have deep ties with them (mainly their frames and the Void)

i wish we could recover our creators from pods and let them live in our dojo ;C

i wish we could recover our creators from pods and let them live in our dojo ;C

we should be able to rescue the very original creators, From the Orokin, so that thy can live in our dojo, from there thy would be able to bring in some amounts of extra materials to dojo for us to use as a way of thanking us for rescueing them and there would be a limit to how many we could have of course, according to clan size, what you think???!