Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best secondary weapon?

(XBOX)Polargamersid

Question

8 answers to this question

Atomos and Akstiletto are still my go-to secondaries, although the Pyrana Prime is pretty good once you mod the recoil down a bit.

I never really liked the kitguns much. There's more to weapons than just damage output, and I found them very ugly, handled badly, sounded awful and filled my screen up with unnecessary particle effects. Once they were gilded and re-ranked, they were vendor trash.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Polargamersid said:

So are kitguns better then other secondaries and if not what are the other best seconadary weapons?

They're pretty good. Not sure I'd call them better, but you can't really go wrong experimenting with them--and you don't have a whole lot better to do when hanging out with the Solaris. 

However, there are other secondaries that can do things they (so far) simply can't. Handcannons, explosive secondaries, assorted dart/poison projectors, weird things like Atomos, Sonicor, and Staticor are a few examples.

Visually, they're kinda crap, but it is what it is--and they are conceptually futuristic zip guns. 

They're avoidable, but there are some strong contenders amongst all the possibilities and it's something to do. 

Akstiletto Prime used to be my go to secondary for most things. I had a build for grineer, corpus, and infested. I have since switched them with Akjagara Prime, because they're better in almost every way other than not being full auto.

Many secondaries have a niche. Atomos can melt an entire group of enemies in seconds, and you only have to aim at a single target to do so. Staticor is massive aoe.

Look up a 'top 10' list or something, then decide what you like from there. Unless you have a riven. Rivens screw rankings up a LOT.

I'd say figure out what you want out of the secondary, then look for weapons that accomplish that.  (If you use a sniper primarily and need something that throws status/bullets, then you'll end up with a completely different weapon than if you want a crowd melter.)  

Personally I like my kitgun (rattleguts) but I also have a riven for it so it's probably not the same experience most people will get.  I do love the Arca Plasmor though so I'm looking forward to building Catchmoon...