Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Year's Feedback list

Zoh_Veldae

On New Years, people usually make lists of resolutions for them to achieve in the coming year. Me? I make one for resolutions I'd like THIS GAME to achieve. Wouldn't do it if I didn't care. Been writing down since maybe a month or two before now and synthesized the whole thing into this list.

Now, in no particular order, here's my list of New Year's Resolutions for the game Warframe:

Darvo trading in surplus resources:
Ticker already serves a bit for this, but it's not exactly what was needed.The additional Credit sink is kinda uncalled for and we really, really need somewhere to trade in resources we have in surplus for other resources we have need of. Even if it's a system that changes the resources on demand daily, at random or rotation, I just need somewhere to use these 20000+ Detonite Ampules and 6 Million+ Nanospores.

Warframe reworks:
Off the top of my head, Vauban, Wukong, Chroma and Ember. They really have little to no place in the metagame (an argument can be made for Chroma, but that's literally due to only 1 of his abilities) and suffer the most from being left behind in time.

More Primaries
More Secondaries
Less Melees:
We almost have as much melee weapons as we do primaries and secondaries combined. And that's without taking into account Zaws and Kitguns. I'd like some balance in this, please.

Have Archwing commands in Archwing missions be the same as Open World Archwing commands:
Open World commands are just better to use. And I'm not forced to spend half the mission flying upside down. This also includes Titania's Razorwing flight commands.

Pre-Choice to be Host or Client on missions:
Ideally, I would like the Peer-to-Peer system to be scrapped entirely and add dedicated servers to host the missions. But if we STILL need to risk going into a mission with a host that's trying to play Warframe in a computer made from an orange crate in Zimbabwe, I'd like to AT THE VERY LEAST have an option to host my own public missions.

More Syndicate Weapon Mods:
It's the unique direction that Riven Mods should have gone. I'd like more unique Syndicate weapon augments. Those almost always see use in missions, even on the most obscure and unused weapons in my arsenal.

Change the Glyph icons on the squad's Hud view to the Warframe icons used in the minimap:
You can leave the chosen Glyphs of the players on the Esc menu, at least there you need the equipment they're packing, but please put the actual Warframe icons on the Squad Status HUD, I NEED to know if the guy with 1 HP left is an Excalibur or a Rhino, and I need to know it ON SHORT NOTICE to be able to dash to and support the right person on the Minimap.

Have players always gain focus on the school that they are currently using without needing lenses:
To this day, I have never once reached the Focus cap ever since its inception. And that's mostly because of both the insultingly low Affinity conversion rates AND the Lens system. You can leave the lens in if you feel like it, but please have us gain at least A LITTLE Focus on the school we are currently using.

Add an optional command so we can, while in operator mode, either return to our Warframe's position or bring the warframe to our position at our choice (suggestion: tap button to bring warframe to us, hold down to return to warframe's position)

Assassin beacons should be a re-usable gear item with a cooldown maybe of a day:
We're already paying Baro too much for what he offers, I'd like it to actually have some value. This goes double for the Corrupted Bombard/Heavy Gunner Specters, which should be re-usable blueprints.

Changing syndicate and faction standing to scale the same way as Focus gain (250000 base + 5000 per mastery rank):
What are we all afraid of? People staying in for hours on end farming Syndicate standing? They already do that with everything else in the game. Just bump the standing cap to match the focus cap, there is absolutely no loss in doing so, quite the contrary. The current cap is more of a nuisance than an actual, logical limitation.

Rework more Conclave mods/augments (especially weapon-specific mods) to be usable in the PvE environment:
This one can be matched with the "More Syndicate Weapon Augment mods". There are SO MANY Augments that are Conclave-exclusive which would work SO WELL in the PvE environment. You can still keep them as drops only on conclave, have THAT be the reason to even play that game mode, but having one set for PvE, one set for PvP and a few sprinkled in for both just confuses and annoys me more than it probably should.

Add a Quick Dueling mode to conclave, where players can match with other, similarly skilled players in a one-on-one match, best of 3 fights:
Most people don't go to Conclave because there's really nobody playing it. And needing a whole team to have a decent match just hinders this further. Just have a Quick Dueling mode use the Dojo Duel's system and I guarantee people will start considering Conclave an actual option for fun.

Remove the stagger effect from mods like [Quick Thinking]:
Are we all still afraid of the Rage + Quick Thinking combo? That thing was killed almost as soon as it was exploited. Just remove the stagger, it's gotten me killed more times than I'd like it to.

Allow us to grow the plants used in Silver Grove's apothics in the Helminth room in our orbiter and use them to make more things, like new Synthula vial potions. Also allow us to benefit from the effects of the Synthula vials.

Have Cetus mining lasers work like the previous style (tracing around the spot) while keeping the Fortuna mining laser the current style (hotspot heating). Maybe also add a few extra Fortuna lasers to be 3 ranks like in Cetus.

Have Grineer containers in the Plains of Eidolon contain resources like fish parts and ores like the Orb Vallis containers do.

Make good on your promises:
Remember Stalker Mode? Remember Damage 3.0? REMEMBER MELEE 2.0? We remember, we still want them. Or at the very least progress reports on it. If you don't have resources to implement it in, at least, 3 months after announcing it, DON'T EVEN BOTHER MENTIONING IT. It'll hurt the community with false hope and it'll hurt your own image as well for the same reason. Just keep it under wraps and then reveal it when it's good to go, properly balanced and tested.

I always loved this game ever since I started. I knew about it for a while, but only got in when some of my friends convinced me to play. Haven't stopped since and I'd sometimes wish I had started sooner. I really, REALLY wished that this game would reach the potential that I first saw in it when I started.

Thanks for sticking to the end of this rather long read. Hope it's understandable to all.

Have a good one, and a happy new year

2 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

Also, please nerf the fortuna mining laser. It's way to easy to get. And too good.

People wanted easier grind, so that's what DE gave the playerbase. Also, there is nothing wrong with the mining laser. It has more consistent and interesting mini games for gems, not drawing on a wall while things shoot at you.

4 hours ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

an argument can be made for Chroma, but that's literally due to only 1 of his abilities)

Chroma's entire kit needs a revision. 

He has no passive

His 1 is Godawful 

His 2 & 3 are passives with zero interactions or synergies. They may as well be the same skill

His 4 is extremely lackluster and energy hog. Chroma needs a complete overhaul. 

• Like 1

Assassin beacons should be a re-usable gear item with a cooldown maybe of a day:

Horrible idea. One use per day? Nope. Not as effective as buying multiple and using them in a single day

Remove the stagger effect from mods like [Quick Thinking]:
Are we all still afraid of the Rage + Quick Thinking combo? That thing was killed almost as soon as it was exploited. Just remove the stagger, it's gotten me killed more times than I'd like it to.

Agreed

REMEMBER MELEE 2.0?

3.0*

4 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

Up you go!

Also, please nerf the fortuna mining laser. It's way to easy to get. And too good.

For Little F*ck's sake no.

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Horrible idea. One use per day? Nope. Not as effective as buying multiple and using them in a single day

And then having to wait, what? 2, maybe 4 or 6 weeks until Baro decides to grace us with new stock? I still say a 1 time purchase with a 1 day cooldown will still be more profitable in the long run. Also, it's a triggered encounter with the assassin. Natural encounters can still occur.