Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Cindera Prime, The Emissary of the Phoenix

(XBOX)AD Symmetry

Happy New Year Everybody! I'm back from holiday and i am ready to dive back into the swing of things here on the forums. I have seen the dismal state of Ember as of late and i gave myself a challenge. Try to create a fire warframe that does it better than ember, all the while trying to innovate and stray from what ember is as much as possible. I reimagined volt with the Raiden Concept drawn by @KronikPlague(Great Artist!) and i figured i could do the same for poor ember. (If this ends up being a viable rework for ember in the game, DE, you know where to find me 🙂)

This is Cindera Prime, The Emissary of the Phoenix. The following lines are a warframe trailer poem, cause i felt like it.

What would it cost to fix a world, burned to the ground by a saint
But a saint you are not, there rests not any blood on your hands
See, it is but vapor in the air you cackle at
Now you revel in the despair of others
The ones you call enemies, stains on the floor
Alongside blackened earth and sands
Melted snow and craters, decimated mountains
All the while you carry upon you, hatred
Hatred cast upon you by everything that can be burned
Flora, Fauna, even the earth itself, and the sky
Your beauty conceals the greatest danger
Your demeanor, naught but a ruse, charade, to mask your true nature
So i ask you once again, What would it cost to fix a world
Burned to the ground, devoid of all that moves, Cindera Prime.

Her Stats (Base and Max)
Health: 200 --> 600 
Shields: 100 --> 300
Armor: 100 --> 100
Energy: 200 --> 300
Sprint Speed: 1.25

Passive: Warmed Up- A count called "Ambient Temperature" is available and works as follows. Abilities used will increase the ambient temperature. The higher this count, the stronger abilities get both damage-wise and efficiency. When it goes up, it will slowly decrease until an ability is used. Increase capped at 30% for damage and 42.49% for duration and range. Warframe becomes more limber and can move faster when bullet jumping, rolling and sliding.

Singe- Open one palm held in front of the stomach and charge up an orb of fire. When charging is finished, toss it into the air high. A phantom phoenix (purely cosmetic) will appear and it will rain down 3-9 explosive projectiles that have a small Area of Effect explosion
Charging takes from 0-2 seconds, adding 3 projectiles every second
Has a 25m area of influence around the spot your reticle is on.
Damage: 275 per projectile plus 26.49% total hp as damage split among every triplet of projectiles. I.E  if there are 6 projectiles, it takes three of them to lower a target's health by 26.49%

Blaze- Open a sea of fire around the warframe with a huge radius and a damage over time lasting the full duration that logs all the damage it does to enemies. The sea of fire can then be blown up, doing the logged damage to everyone in the 50m range. Firepower will make the Damage over time stronger and armor stripping becomes possible, at a rate of 12.49% per second. With Firepower, the explosion will do more damage and instead of knocking down, will knock back...hard. 
Duration- 30 seconds
Damage- Without Firepower, 200 fire every second, With Full firepower, 415 fire every second

Immolate- Charge up Firepower from 0-100% (Think of Inaros' Scarab Armor). The animation for this would be a large fire aura that gets bigger and bigger (purely cosmetic).
- Upon reaching 100%, a large, 360 degree radial wave of fire will propogate outward, setting all in range on fire. 
- With firepower, the warframe can: Increase the power of her damaging skills Immolate and Singe. Sacrifice 50% of the stored power to erect a dome barrier with a range of 30m that traps all who enter in an infinite heat proc panic. When used inside the Sea of Fire, The logged damage will be transferred to the barrier and pulsed radially outward after the sea of fire disappears. Can be done twice.

Incinerate- Burn Strong with the Fury of the Phoenix! Sprout Brilliant Phoenix Wings made of Fire (purely Cosmetic) And Summon an Exalted Rifle Forged in Phoenix Fire. that shoots rails of Fire. Effects are as follows: 
Damage:
275 Heat
275 Blast (Redundant? Maybe? But think about what it can do. Set people ablaze and knock them down, plus the combination elemental damage types)
Critical Chance: 30%
Critical Damage: 3.0x
Status Chance: 51% 
Trigger: Charge-Semi (Short 2.5 second charge before each shot, no half charging.)
Fire Rate: 1.00
Special Mechanic: Phoenix's Blessing. If Amount of Energy Spent firing this weapon exceeds 75% of total Energy pool at the time, the next time the warframe is incapacitated, it will be instantly resurrected with 130% of Heatlh, Shields and Energy and a brief invulnerability period of 4 seconds. Can only be done once every 5 minutes.
Can be modded separately. 

Costs 35 energy per shot, But has infinite punch through and 100m range with no falloff and is a thick Rail of pure Phoenix Fire (About Arca Plasmor-Size) 
Shooting this gun is so strong, there is massive knock-back for enemies within 14m 
-Using Singe while in this mode will instead cause you to jump 30m into the air (unless otherwise restricted, like being in a hallway or under a roof of some kind) and shoot Explosive fire meteors.

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205

36 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

Flora, Fauna, even the earth itself, and the sky

Can't help but feel it should be: Flora, Fauna, the Sky and even the Earth itself. But that's my opinion.

May want to reduce movement speed to 1.1 as it will increase due to the passive.

Review time;

passive; personally i would add: Ambient temperature drops when abilities are not being used and give it something like 1% per second decay.

1st; Personally i would make it have base 3 projectiles then for every second charged get another 3, after all the %hp removal only works on triplets so you would be missing out on quite a bit of damage when not using triplets, but to balance reduce damage to 250 and %HP to 25%.

2nd; may want to mention the tick damage of the sea of flames with and without firepower. Also, the logged damage is done as fire damage correct?

3rd; How much % is used to make a dome? Also, i feel that using other abilities with this up should also cost some %, like 5 or 10 for balancing. Other than that it seems good.

4th; Okay, let me make this clear; THIS IS TOO POWERFUL. This is more OP then some of your past concepts. So;

1. lower crit chance to 30%, this is plenty for a hybrid set up.

2. lower crit damage to 3.0x, this is still considered OP but i'll give it too.

3. lower status chance to 50%, remember this is before mods; just 2 60/60 elemental mods would give you 100%. If you made it 100% so it has gauranteed fire and knock down procs you can just say that is built in; like how the Arca Plasmor has built in impact procs despite having 0 impact damage.

This way it is still really powerful. However there are still other issues;

52 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

has infinite punch through

now, infinite punch through does not work on hit scan weapons and so you have to make it projectile based meaning it will be somewhat slower than hit scan; but this is fine as it can be part of the balance with it's stats.

54 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

infinite range with no falloff

Yeah, no, make the range like 100m before dissipating but range mods increase the range mods for balance; this way in normal missions you can still shoot dudes on the other side of the room but you can't just go into PoE or OV and shoot bosses from the other side of the map.

3. Personally i would add insane amounts of knock-back to further compensate for the damage and make it FEEL like a real beast of a weapon.

Lasty, 

57 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

Special Mechanic: Phoenix's Blessing. If Amount of Energy Spent firing this weapon exceeds 75% of total Energy pool at the time, the next time the warframe is incapacitated, it will be instantly resurrected with 130% of Heatlh, Shields and Energy and a brief invulnerability period of 4 seconds. Can only be done once every 5 minutes.

Instead of making it 75% of energy just make it after firing 5 or 6 bullets you get this effect. This way it is actually a decent way to get the buff especially because this type of exalted weapon doesn't drain energy over time (like Ivara's Artemis Bow), meaning you still get energy from other abilities like Energizing Dash and Energy Siphon.

So yeah, a decent somewhat OP fire user. However I will remind you that; Ember isn't bad because her abilities suck, she's bad because Fire damage is bad against majority of enemies in WF.

Also, if DE were going to take anything from this it would either be the passive, the Pheonix Blessing (and make it a passive) or the change to the first ability to do % HP damage.

19 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

Can't help but feel it should be: Flora, Fauna, the Sky and even the Earth itself. But that's my opinion.

That's how i had it the first time, then i changed it.

passive; personally i would add: Ambient temperature drops when abilities are not being used and give it something like 1% per second decay.

It does say in the concept that it decays when abilities are not used...

4th; Okay, let me make this clear; THIS IS TOO POWERFUL. This is more OP then some of your past concepts. So;

1. lower crit chance to 30%, this is plenty for a hybrid set up.

2. lower crit damage to 3.0x, this is still considered OP but i'll give it too.

3. lower status chance to 50%, remember this is before mods; just 2 60/60 elemental mods would give you 100%. If you made it 100% so it has gauranteed fire and knock down procs you can just say that is built in; like how the Arca Plasmor has built in impact procs despite having 0 impact damage.

This way it is still really powerful. However there are still other issues;

I tried to call the same gods that hit mesa with the "Become a God" Stick... Every time i thought about toning it down, i thought "Mesa". And i added the slow fire rate as a balance, but yeah, this is a little much... I'll do this instead.

Yeah, no, make the range like 100m before dissipating but range mods increase the range mods for balance; this way in normal missions you can still shoot dudes on the other side of the room but you can't just go into PoE or OV and shoot bosses from the other side of the map.

3. Personally i would add insane amounts of knock-back to further compensate for the damage and make it FEEL like a real beast of a weapon.

Yeah, this sounded ludicrous even for me... I am definitely changing this. That knock-back sounds awesome. Maybe even a phoenix sound effect for every shot fired!

now, infinite punch through does not work on hit scan weapons and so you have to make it projectile based meaning it will be somewhat slower than hit scan; but this is fine as it can be part of the balance with it's stats.

This has travel time. I never intended for a fire weapon to be instant, that wouldn't be thematically correct. But good eye, though.

2nd; may want to mention the tick damage of the sea of flames with and without firepower. Also, the logged damage is done as fire damage correct?

Yeah, this was an oversight on my part. I will include this information. And yes. it is done as fire damage.

Also for the 1st, This might be the fault of my own wording, but the health % damage is done regardless of triplet or not. But the triplet will remove that much health. Divide that by three, and that's how much damage one projectile does.

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205

1 hour ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

it will slowly decrease until an ability is used.

Yep, okay, totally over looked this part because of the numbers afterwards. My bad.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

Every time i thought about toning it down, i thought "Mesa".

Mesa isn't as powerful as one would think. Why? Because she relies on spamming the fire button using peacemakers, especially at higher levels, I'm talking you might as well bind the fire key to the mouse wheel type of spam. So, yeah, she may be powerful if you can do that, but yours is powerful enough to 1 shot a level 100 artic eximus corrupted bombard and every enemy around it, which is why i'm glad you can see that.

7 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

Yep, okay, totally over looked this part because of the numbers afterwards. My bad.

With those weird decimals, i could see why, yeah.

8 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

Mesa isn't as powerful as one would think. Why? Because she relies on spamming the fire button using peacemakers, especially at higher levels, I'm talking you might as well bind the fire key to the mouse wheel type of spam. So, yeah, she may be powerful if you can do that, but yours is powerful enough to 1 shot a level 100 artic eximus corrupted bombard and every enemy around it, which is why i'm glad you can see that.

Well, you see, one of the benefits of being on console is we can just hold down the ability button and it will autofire at max fire rate... and yeah, i totally get it. It was busted before and still kinda is, but now, its the good kinda busted...maybe...

I mean, it almost seems like Ember 3.0 (may not necessarily be better than the current ember, but looks like a nice alternative to her)
If you are trying to base the frame around the phoenix, it also has a healing/cleansing/purifying property as well. Since most often then not, the phoenix also symbolizes rebrith; rising from the ashes.

Edited by VoidWraith

33 minutes ago, VoidWraith said:

I mean, it almost seems like Ember 3.0 (may not necessarily be better than the current ember, but looks like a nice alternative to her)
If you are trying to base the frame around the phoenix, it also has a healing/cleansing/purifying property as well. Since most often then not, the phoenix also symbolizes rebrith; rising from the ashes.

Yes! Exactly, which is why the Phoenix's Blessing made so much sense to me. After further research, i realized that ember is bad, not so much because her abilities are bad, but that fire damage sucks against most things in warframe. I have an idea on how to solve that too.

13 hours ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

Yes! Exactly, which is why the Phoenix's Blessing made so much sense to me. After further research, i realized that ember is bad, not so much because her abilities are bad, but that fire damage sucks against most things in warframe. I have an idea on how to solve that too.

then i'd recommend some kind of AoE effect to accompany that mechanic, that would further fit into the phoenix motif.