Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pay2Win?

aMsRaDau

This should not be a flame thread. If you don´t accept my point of view on this, stop reading now!

So... several weeks ago someone had said that meeting the Stalker after killing a boss was a kind of a bug.

But why do you release a package which includes all 3 Stalker weapons + his colors when it was just a "bug" that you have "fixed". I don´t think that this was a bug. It was an easy way to meet the stalker -> okay not even easy, it depended on luck still.

So now this "bug" got fixed and i haven´t met the Stalker the past 5 weeks. When the "bug" wasn´t fixed, i didn´t notice that he appears more often when you have killed a boss. So it happened that i met him like 3 times in 2 weeks.

2 times i died, because he is still powerfull and i have been kinda noob to this game. The 3rd time i have been playing with my brother and we killed him and i was really really glad about dropping the Dread Blueprint.

But now i don´t meet him again. Is this the way to make money? The reason why i have decided to play Warframe is dying by every update :/ I´m sorry for the ppl who work all day long for updates, but i don´t accept this.

First you say it´s a bug and then you release a package for real money... pay2win no way... Just unlucky that i never met him again.

Should be no flame, it´s just a fact that i have noticed when trying to meet the Stalker...

Someone lied to you, this isn't P2W, it's more like pay to get stuff faster, I fought the stalker a couple days ago, and the Stalker isn't a bug, he's an assassin looking for revenge in the name of the people you killed. You shouldn't believe everything people say.

Edited by AXCrusnik

The Stalker is an intended rarely encountered enemy that appears randomly in non Assassination missions to try and kill you, and if you win you have a chance at the bps for one of his weapons.

Now please learn to detect running gags.and save yourself the embarrasment.

Just as well this game is Pay For Convenience: Earn everything by working for it with the option to throw money at the screen to speed the process up.

If the item is obtainable in game (which it is) your pay to win theory goes out the window. I see the stalker all the time. Anyone spending money on that pack would be foolish, not a pay to win scenario.

I see this thread as more of a whine because you can't get the weapons and you want them. Do like everyone else has done in the past. Keep playing until you have them. I still only have Dread but I will keep killing him every time I see him.

They are not selling power. They are selling a weapon that can be had in game. At best they are selling you the convenience of not having to grind out missions to get the weapon. I agree that there begins to be a large grey area when it comes to such things as convenience often ends up being more advantageous then the developer would like to admit. I have the weapons but I opted to grind out the missions and Stalker attacks to get them. I had the platinum to buy them but I was saving the plat that I had for whatever the next frame to come out was as I found it takes longer to get the frames then the weapons.

It all comes down to perspective. As long as the game is available in game from actually playing the game I don't see it as P2W.

Games like Firefall take the convenience thing to idiotic extremes and they set a piss poor example of paying for convenience.

I met the stalker 4 times in one day recently I don't have a clue, what you have been doing? And he dropped the Hate and Dread it seems like every other kill he drops something because I ran into him again a few days later and got the Dread a second time after him not dropping anything the last of the 4 encounters in the one day.

Edited by JustTotallyEpic

i do not see this game as pay to win and putting a few bucks in time to time is called supporting the game and its staff you know the "people who work all day long for updates" the people that work all day letting us have a fun game to play for FREE they work hard and well if by me putting a few bucks in can help get them a beer or a nice dinner at the end of the week then why the hell not LOL 

Buing things only speeds up the game exprience...

well I call bullS#&$ sicne there is no way to get weapon and warframe slots other than to buy them and collecting them is the true endgame atm (or rather only gameplay once you unlock all planets the only thing left to do is get all weapons and all frames and lvl them up)

there should be an expensive way to do it with credits+materials

Edited by syle

well I call bullS#&$ sicne there is no way to get weapon and warframe slots other than to buy them and collecting them is the true endgame atm (or rather only gameplay once you unlock all planets the only thing left to do is get all weapons and all frames and lvl them up)

there should be an expensive way to do it with credits+materials

75 plat.  Having access to a larger arsenal at any given time is not p2w.

having slots for frames and weapons is not necessary, its a convenience.  By no means are you required to play with more than one warframe with only one weapon loadout.  if you enjoy the game and the different warframes however, you can easily spend 5 dollars to unlock a lot of slots and have more frames/weapons.

Pay to win is only existent in this game if there are enemies that cannot be defeated by  weapons gained in game, or having special aids in events to boost your ranking quicker than other players that grind it out.  Warframe is a true f2p with the ability to pay your way to reach the end quicker, not be better than your opponents.  One good example of a pay to win model is Bloodbrothers by DeNa studios in conjunction with mobage games.  warframe is not even remotely close to that