Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

I really like this idea. I do have some ideas though. I don't think he should have a mount. I think it would be a lot cooler if he had his own special charger hounds that were like his own wolf pack. You could theme them as though they are his enlightened followers who have transcended. He could strike a pose at the beginning and send his hounds. With that, i think a whip would be a nice touch.

I also like the idea of an infected warframe. It would be pretty cool if Baphomet was released with a playable warframe counterpart. They could have intertwined story lines where one succumbed to the infection, while the other became its master. 

-snip-

Sure, go ahead and list it if you want! I am glad you like it!

Maybe he could also replace the Stalker? That overrated loot bag could use a vacation, or a new job.

LOL, nah.. he just needs to be reworked.

Instead of riding a dammned Charger he should just fight you one on one, with his sword. He'll disarm you at the begginning of the fight, leaving you down to only melee, and you have a sword fight.

I am still toying with the mounted idea. I also like the hound-master approach... I will think about it some more.

LOL, nah.. he just needs to be reworked.

hahaha. I'm not saying to randomly spawn him and his beast on a mission. Just you know, have him fight solo versus higher ranked players and when he hits a certain hp, he goes away, saying "Hmmm, not bad. I was right in choosing you for my cause. For now, continue to follow your blind guide. We shall meet again when you are ready..." His drop would be a BP using Nav Coordinates for his stage.

THAT could be a cool and unique way to encounter him. It would justify his having a specialized and unique arena, as well. I don't think it should be as random as Stalker, because you could otherwise encounter him only rarely and make the frame he ends up dropping a very rare one indeed. Perhaps when you kill an infested boss he has a chance to materialize from a mist of its blood, similar to my suggestion of his parasite variant for the boss fight? When he's present, you might even be able to tell from the red mist that accompanies parasite (wouldn't have to appear, it would just be cool if it did so you knew when he was going to spawn. Plus, the infested bosses lack of shields honestly makes them less threatening and almost pushovers. If Baphomet could show up as an extra damage-dealing aura at short-range around them, then spawn from their corpse and test you... it would make them a little less laughable and honestly quite awesome.

EDIT: Plus the extra use for Nav Coords in the key blueprint he would leave for you to find him by would be appreciated. I have more navs than I could possibly want to make Derelict keys with, especially since I mainly like to fight Lephantis and golem navs are a seperate item that I can get while hunting him.

Yeah, I was thinking you should at least defeat Phorid first before he deems you "worthy" and make an appearance. Let the stalker have his revenge for the corpus and grineer bosses, let Baphomet take care of "appealing" to you when you defeat Phorid. Nevermind that farting golem.

Haha, no I think he should show up for the J3 too, and maybe Leph (although the aura emanating from his body would really not be positioned to hurt you at all... Leph is harder so that's alright). Phorid as well. He might not have a huge chance to show up but maybe one in fifteen times you fight a Baphomet-boosted boss that he will then test you after. Stalker should still show up the same way he does now, he's not replaced partially by Baph but an addition.

I actually really like that idea. It kills like... 3 birds with one stone. It can make some infestation bosses harder, it provides a unique method to get to his stage, and it helps establish a character and motive. Heck, it could function the same as my boss fight suggestion of parasite--when he is present, you can tell by the damage dealing blood aura and the Splintering of nearby infested that are near death. Then when you kill the boss, he materializes and tests you... basically like the Stalker does, I guess, because he doesn't have his army of chargers at this point for a special fight or arena... It makes sure you have a challenge getting to Baphomet and the new frame (I'm hoping Sanguine and Baphomet get put in together, because that would just be too cool), not just mindless and easy grinding. If you manage to pass his test, you have a good chance (probably/maybe 100% chance) at the key blueprint, and this could also be where he drops his scarf (with a lower chance). That way there isn't an extra drop cluttering up the frame blueprints when you actually fight him.

I really don't know how the algorithm for the Stalker works, but I think that when the host loads and creates the infested map, there's a chance that Baphomet should appear. The higher the boss, the higher the chance. Like, for the farting golem it would be rare (I wouldn't wanna traumatize the newbies). For Phorid it's so-so. Although for Leph, I'm on the fence, because he's hard enough and you wanna buff him? Maybe just a little.

As for the drops, hell yeah! Even if I dont get the key bp, I'd still go for a bp for that great scarf and I ain't even mad.

As for the effects, I'd agree with you. Actually, what I think is, remember those missions with mist and low visibility? Instead of flickering lights for an entrance, the red mist creeps in and then he materializes from a pool of blood that oozes out in front of you. That would be creepy as hell GREAT!

Hmmmm... perhaps. As for Leph, because of the positioning of his body (and a lack of scaling on the blood-cloud) the damage aura really wouldn't be a threat cause you'd never be in it (unless he's sitting on you, or he's right next to one of the platforms and you're standing on the edge closer to him). As for the Splintering, well, there aren't all the many things for him to Splinter. It's mustly runners and leapers that spawn from the pods, and since runners suicide they wouldn't get Splintered unless we hurt them from a distance (and then the Splinter wouldn't really hurt us). Leapers would really be the only threat and because they stop far away to leap, so long as you're paying attention you're fine. If you were really having problems with them, the solution is simple--on a Lephantis run where Baphomet is present, you can kill the pods, rendering Baphomet relatively useless on the much-harder Lephantis. It all works out ^-^

That would be if he just spawned where-ever like Stalker... but it doesn't really work if you have to kill the boss first. I still think that when the boss spawns (or when the level loads) it has a chance to decide that Baphomet is present in parasite form upon the boss... that way you can tell when he's there so his spawning from a corpse doesn't surprise the crap out of you. Plus, then you only have to implement the one ability for/on him. Easier for DE, and makes more sense for encountering him.

haha, I mean the mist was only to appear when you defeat the boosted boss. Basically, you play the infested boss with those subtle hints of yours that he is infested (infestception?). The stage then becomes blood mist like in your battle with Baphomet so as to limit your long-range vision and shooting and focus on mid-range to close quarter combat.

why not? we got a boss called lephantis and a 70 year old guy that fights like a pro

yeah why not? I mean, many of the names in the game are names of Gods and other beings. Eris is the goddess of discord. Ares is the God of war. So why not mix it up?

The name isn't going to ring with everyone, but that's okay. Personally, I am a fan of the name.

The name isn't going to ring with everyone, but that's okay. Personally, I am a fan of the name.

I think the problem is that Baphomet is associated more with a goat demon that the other guys are complaining.

My suggestion is Cain or Caina, especially since Cain is associated with betrayal, blood and violence.

As a side note, the sword looks like an Infested-corrupted version of Dakra Prime. I'm actually liking it because this would mean he was a prime and he was alive all this (very long) time.

Edited by ErudiusNacht

hmCpxID.jpg

I have no idea what this means, but I love that picture.

When I saw his design, this was the first thing that came to my mind:

http://edwardcheeverreviews.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/mass-effect-2_12.jpg

Ive played to much Mass Effect >.< +1 on this guy tho, looks wicked.

Oh man, I love the collectors! Thanks for the +1 sir!

I think the problem is that Baphomet is associated more with a goat demon that the other guys are complaining.

My suggestion is Cain or Caina, especially since Cain is associated with betrayal, blood and violence.

As a side note, the sword looks like an Infested-corrupted version of Dakra Prime. I'm actually liking it because this would mean he was a prime and he was alive all this (very long) time.

how about memphis?