Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

I started playing around making a rough model of mount and rider today.

What strikes me is that the frame is similar in build to Loki and Nekros. But the hands and feet are non human, right?

What about the rest, is the body considered Infested, therefore anything goes?

With that I am saying I love the design and am trying to do it justice in a 3dconfined scene diorama ala game lobby.

Please advice on how to proceed ;)

Wow... that is indeed some in-depth writing. I like it.

Again, I am not planning to say with any certainty that Baphomet is X or is related to Y. DE has a really good way of letting people be creative with their stories and lore by not releasing details about the Tenno. I would like to keep it that way and be just as vague with Baphomet's origins. Personally I am not a big fan of Warframe being a direct continuation of darkSector, either, but again, to each their own!

I really, really love that story though. Awesome work.

Sorry about the double post, but the novel is done! Baphomet is now completely settled in as a permanent character and I would appreciate your thoughts on the concept. Thanks! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/116120-lore-warframe-origins-a-light-novel-chapter-8-end-is-up/

This could actually be a proper stage fight in warframe if done right! Unlike other bosses in warframe at the moment...

Maybe it could start off with baphomet solo dolo. Dishing out reasonable damage but tending to stay at range, closing in now and then for knockdowns. Once you get him to 50% health, his pet jumps in, knocking the team down and baphomet runs off to consume infested and heal himself.

But, whilst his pet is alive, every time you get baphomet down to 50%, his dog swarms you like a charger with knockdowns and baphomet runs off to consume nearby infested to heal himself.

Once you kill the pet, baphomet can no longer heal and instead incites rage over his dead pet. In this stage baphomet does more damage and closes in to melee range. Perhaps with a teleport to prevent campers?

Anyeays, really like the idea of a different take on an infested boss. Would be nice to fight a warframe other than the a stalker!

This idea reminds me the Darksider Series especially the first one...The 3 phases wont fit the boss concept for the Warframe i think..The main idea i liked it,the mounted charger and the sword but the poisonus  area effect doesnt fit for warframe neither i think.By the way Baphomet name will ring some bells to people who knows the history of the Templar Knights...For the conclusion i liked some of your ideas but its not Darksiders or DMC

Wow...

This

baphomet_warframe_fan_concept_by_gaber11

And this

baphomet_testpose_by_gaber111-d6tn9ix.jp

...has just blown me away.

On top of that, EN has been doing some great writing!

I had no idea this concept would be so appealing to you guys and I am honored that you all have been putting so much time into fleshing him out!

I will probably be adding more to this concept later, but as you can probably tell by my late replies, I am a little distracted with IRL stuff right now.

Great work again guys, you made a simple concept into a great thing :)

Well you created a great concept to begin with. Good concept art tends to send me into dreamland.

Here is a coloring test. It´s done in Sculptris in 512 texuremap, so its kind of crappy. But I wanted to get some feedback on the colors. To dark? More grey? Metal parts from the original suit?

baphomet_texture_test_wip_sculptris_pain

Hey there, Follower38, fellow Warframe player(obviously) and fanfiction writer on fanfiction.net.

Was wondering if we, that is to say, a few friends and I, can use your idea of Baphomet in our story? Probably a derivative of it but still the core idea of it. 

It's why I'm asking permission, I'm not a thief. 

If you want to read the story yourself, here's the link. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9468146/1/Warframe-Effect

Let me know what you think of the story and if we can use/adapt your idea for our story.

This is just a brilliant idea, really hope DE uses this. Can always use a new challenge. 

Well you created a great concept to begin with. Good concept art tends to send me into dreamland.

Here is a coloring test. It´s done in Sculptris in 512 texuremap, so its kind of crappy. But I wanted to get some feedback on the colors. To dark? More grey? Metal parts from the original suit?

baphomet_texture_test_wip_sculptris_pain

Love it!

You are the model maker, here, not I sir! If I could lend any opinion at all though, i would make the coloration darker overall, with the flat, armor-like areas (such as the faceplate) grey.

Still, this is your build sir! You do what you want!

Hey there, Follower38, fellow Warframe player(obviously) and fanfiction writer on fanfiction.net.

Was wondering if we, that is to say, a few friends and I, can use your idea of Baphomet in our story? Probably a derivative of it but still the core idea of it. 

It's why I'm asking permission, I'm not a thief. 

If you want to read the story yourself, here's the link. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9468146/1/Warframe-Effect

Let me know what you think of the story and if we can use/adapt your idea for our story.

This is just a brilliant idea, really hope DE uses this. Can always use a new challenge. 

All my works are creative commons by attribution. Use it for whatever you want as long as you credit me as the original concept designer.

Other then that, go wild!

Love it!

You are the model maker, here, not I sir! If I could lend any opinion at all though, i would make the coloration darker overall, with the flat, armor-like areas (such as the faceplate) grey.

Still, this is your build sir! You do what you want!

Cool. I will try to think more like the other frames.

Its hard to compare with DEs work, they use shading and light distortions.

Well see.

OK so going hard core mode now. Realized this once was a Tenno and a Warframe, so the design needs to work like amy other frame.

That means to imagine Baphomet as a playable frame.

In turn it brings a number of challenges and questions to design.

-firstly colorable regions, I would love some constructive help on this.

My goal is to , not to far into the future, export a low-poly model to Maya, rig it and apply Texture amd Normalmaps.

And the animate him to see how he would flow as a game-character.

What do you think ?

baphomet_textured_wip1_by_gaber111-d6uak

OK so going hard core mode now. Realized this once was a Tenno and a Warframe, so the design needs to work like amy other frame.

That means to imagine Baphomet as a playable frame.

In turn it brings a number of challenges and questions to design.

-firstly colorable regions, I would love some constructive help on this.

My goal is to , not to far into the future, export a low-poly model to Maya, rig it and apply Texture amd Normalmaps.

And the animate him to see how he would flow as a game-character.

What do you think ?

baphomet_textured_wip1_by_gaber111-d6uak

I am absolutely blown away. This is amazing work.

(Psst! I still never said he was a Tenno! Love the way you are using the concept though!)

Also, do you mind if I add the render to the main post and credit you in it's making? I think it would add to the concept greatly!

Edited by SilverBones

I am absolutely blown away. This is amazing work.

(Psst! I still never said he was a Tenno! Love the way you are using the concept though!)

Also, do you mind if I add the render to the main post and credit you in it's making? I think it would add to the concept greatly!

Im really glad you like it that much! Post away!

As for the Tenno part, well in that case it got more interesting. That would imply Baphomet had the same genetic resistance to the Technocyte virus that Hayden Tenno had, making him stand the transformation and maby in part control it without losing his mind.

If true, this would make him a separate Line of "Tenno", but one who willingly exposed himself more to the virus, seeking to exploit it for his own goals, perhaps by weakening the genetic resistance.

That would explain his power and threatlevel. How does that sound?

I am all for letting people make up a back story for this guy. I am purposefully keeping him pretty vague. He betrayed the Orokin somehow, he is obviously ancient and maddened. After that, you can add what you want!

I forgot to remind you bro, Baphomet's background is quite finished and is already incorporated in my novel as a main character.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/116120-lore-warframe-origins-a-light-novel-chapter-8-end-is-up/

It's 8 chapters long and he's a pivotal character, and I'm doing sidestories and he's still involved. Doing sidestories while U11 is still in the pipeline.

EDIT: Pay special attention to chapters 4, 6 and 8 because that's where he is the central antagonist.

EDIT EDIT: I have got to thank you for sparking my writing fire again. This boss concept background snowballed into a full blown novel and has a universe of it's own now. Thank you.

Edited by ErudiusNacht