Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx suggestions

Mewt_Kroe

Some ideas I had for Nyx over the weekend. Hope they give the devs some ideas. Thanks for reading.

Mind Control
    • Allow use on two or more enemies.
    • Hold ability button to end ability on those affected if cast on more than one
    • Give mind controled targets incrrased threat level.
    • Make damage from Nyx and her allies increase target damage multiplier. 

Psychic Bolts
    • Transfer a portion of target debuffed defenses to nyx and her allies. i.e. health and/or overshields
    • Give Nyx damage reduction for each enemy affected (Similar to Nova's Null Stars)
    • While affected by Pacifying Bolts, enemies are open to finshers.
    • Once Pacifying Bolts end, have them forget anything that happened beforehand (like Baruuk's Lull)
    • Allow recast on press instead of holding to recast
    • Small (3-5m?) radial psychic blast on impact

Chaos
    • Make enemies think allies are tenno, and tenno appear to be allies unless attacked. (alt kind of stealth?) Maybe have this added to Chaos Sphere and only have this kind of affect while in the radius of the sphere.
    • Make Chaos Sphere change Chaos into an toggleable aura skill
    • enemies affected by Chaos are marked on radar for Nyx and her allies
    • initial stun leaves enemies open to a finisher

Absorb
    • Taunt enemies within at least 15m into attacking nyx while channelling Absorb or further increase Threat Level
    • psychic healing while channeling Absorb or while holding LMB for increased energy cost
    • Absorb damage done to Nyx and her allies in range
    • Remove additional energy drained every 1000 damage that's absorbed
    • let absorbs energy drain convert into shields by augur mods
    • add a couple seconds of invulnerability after channeling ends

Passive
Increase the accuracy debuff on enemies affected by Chaos and Psychic Bolts

• Like 1

Seems too strong though Nyx was already strong. This recent rework more just nerfed her than anything else.

• Her Pacifying bolts augment will probably suck forever when it's stuck with 6 max targets.
  • I want to say Chaos reverse stealth is too strong but Octavia is a thing so I dunno anymore.
  • The energy drain on Absorb per 1000 damage is the only thing that keeps the ability in check. Absorbing damage for allies within range is kinda what it already does? iFrame after dropping it would be welcome though, least on the base Absorb. That always annoyed me.
  • -%Accuracy doesn't really work. It might as well say " -%Random chance to die " except it's not even that good cuz of AoE attacks.

Aside from those things though this isn't half bad. Played Nyx 900 mission hours and this is one of the better set of suggestions I've read.

Hopefully she gets at least something. Forums already full of Vauban / Wukong posts like Nyx wasn't left a wreck.

12 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I want to say Chaos reverse stealth is too strong but Octavia is a thing so I dunno anymore.

Yeah, I agree. Some times it's hard to decide what's overpowered anymore based on DE's standards...

13 hours ago, Mewt_Kroe said:

Mind Control

I wouldn't mind having 2 targets. I'm not sure the multiplier is really the right way to do it in the first place, since enemy damage was never designed to scale against enemy health/armor. I'd rather it just be a flat percentage of the total damage we deal to that target in the time limit since our damage is made to scale against enemies. (I do understand it may be complicated calculating the dps because it needs to be converted to the enemy weapon used - but that's for them to figure out. lol)

Psychic Bolts

I like the idea of either transfering enemy defenses or giving resistance while active. It would make it less of a problem being un-spammable.

I don't think they need to be opened to finishers...everything already does true damage once armor and shields are removed if you think about it.

Chaos

I kinda like the alt-stealth thing, but overall it's already a very powerful skill even in it's current state.

I'm not sure if the augment change would be balanced as an aura or not, but making it a toggle in the area you cast it (like Oberon's Renewal) could be strategically fun.

I think the marked enemies idea would actually be great on Psychic Bolts so that your allies know who to attack while weakened.

I don't think this ability needs to open enemies to finishers, especially given the additions to Psychic Bolts.

Absorb

I wouldn't mind them keeping the heightened threat on Absorb, but I think it would a far more useful mechanic if it absorbed based on all damage dealt to anyone in the area even if they aren't attacking Nyx.

I agree they should remove the increasing energy cost, but they should make the damage output scaling based on charging the ability up at the expense of energy so you decide your own output and cost rather than everyone else but you. If you don't charge, then it was just invulnerability at the expense of all actions with a weak cost and weak damage. If you do charge then you spend more energy but can actually put a dent in something with less than a 4 minute commitment....

Here’s how I would see a Nyx rebuild work that gives her new life AND creates synergy within her skills.

1. Nyx Mind control actually enables you to play the controlled enemy and receiving the stat buffs accordingly. While controlling an enemy, Nyx is left vulnerable to damage. Each kill from the controlled enemy gives back Nyx 25 energy.

2. Psychic bolts becomes a charging ability with a damage ramp up. You hold down the ability to continually cast bolts at enemies, every hit buffs the power by 5% power strength indefinitely with -5% power efficiency to balance, capping at a 40% efficiency drop. This would give Nyx the feeling of actually bombarding the minds of her enemies with building damage as she would wear down the minds but can only sustain such effort for the stress on her own mind. Also gives her a little mini nuke to compete with A class frames.

3. Chaos does what it does today but affects enemy speed, to create and alternate option for speeding up/slowing down enemies based on power strength.

4. This doesn’t change, the bubble of invincibility is already great but now this has synergy with your 1 because you cast the bubble to stay invulnerable and then take over the mind of an enemy and keep funding Nyx energy through kills to keep the bubble up and running around.

This wouldn’t be overkill because Nyx would be like Nidus in that she needs to be getting kills to remain efficient. She’s be able to nuke her 2 within the safety of her bubble and could have a powerful CC to control the speed of the match with her Chaos. If you choose to run a low power strength for speed your 4 wouldn’t be affected, your two is still scaling infinitely so you just need to cast longer to ramp up damage and your 1 wouldn’t be necessary if you’re doing speed runs as you likely have strong kill frames already to synergize with the speed.

*Drops Mic*