Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yes, Another Post About Slots

lautalocos

let´s start with my situation:

i have 4 warframe slots, 3 on use: vauban, frost prime, ash and the last one reserved for necro.

i would love to use more warframes, like loki and rhino, but there is no way im selling the ones i already have. NO WAY, end of story. put yourself on my situation, whould you sell vauban after finally getting all the parts from the alerts? would you sell frost after finallt getting his systems BP? would you sell your potatoed, 2 times polarized ash? no, you wouldn´t

i too don´t feel comfortable witht the prices of platinum of the game (but that´s another story), so i wait for a 50% or 75%. in over 100 hours of gameplay i had one time a 50%. ONLY. ONE. TIME. (caps because seriousneseseseses)

i enjoy the game because of the variety of weapons and warframes. but i can`t enjoy the variety because if i sell a weapon i worked to get to level 30 and it´s potatoed, and i don`t like the new weapon, then im screwed.

at this moment, if i play the game i do it because of an event because the new weapon will be free, or to login daily to see if maybe i get that 75% discount, which is not gonna happen, and nothing else.

now, i did pay a little bit of money for platinum, but i used it on cosmetics. why not slots? because i refuse to buy them with my money. i won´t pay for EDIT: something that would block the quantity of content i can enjoy if i wouldn´t pay.

once i get weapons and warframes to feel my slots, and i like each weapon and warframe enough to not sell it, what do i do? selling them is not an option, they took work to make, to level them up, to potato them, and i have fun with them. i don´t want to sell them, get a weapon which seemed fun but ended up being some boring reskin/just not interesting.

tell me DE, is doing this a good idea? making people not try the new content? not enjoy everything the game has to offer?

so, DE, i ask you this. please, please make warframe and weapon slots a possibility without the need of platinum. credits, mastery, i don´t care, just some way to get them.

edit: TL.DR: slots bad. pancakes good.

Edited by lautalocos

now, i did pay a little bit of money for platinum, but i used it on cosmetics. why not slots? because i refuse to buy them with my money. i won´t pay for something that limits the content i can enjoy.

slots kind of do the opposite of that. They expand the amount of content you can use. I think you understand that though and it's just a miscommunication.

I do agree that it makes sense for there to be a system in place that lets you try weapons and frames out before committing them to a permanent slot, but slots should still be worth platinum. There has to be some feature that isn't essential yet very nice to have otherwise there's no money for DE.

Your priorities were backwards, I feel. 

Buy slots, not cosmetics and you'll enjoy the game more than otherwise.

Recently I've been entertaining the possibility that weapons and Warframes might retain their upgrades even when sold and rebuilt. I feel that might be a fair compromise, but I don't have the metrics to justify it.

Well, the plat coupon login reward works differently compared to other rewards. You get better rewards when you log in every day for a week or so (3 star reward). At that point you have the highest chance to get keys, BPs, forma, potatoes, etc.

The highest chance to recieve coupons is ON THE LOWEST rank rewards, 1 or 2 stars max, above that you get coupon very rarely. So if you miss one day and don't log into Warframe you have a pretty good chance to get 50% off.

This makes sense since it assumes that more casual players with less time to play are more likely to buy some plat to boost themselves, while the "hardcore" crowd that logs in every day gets some in-game stuff.

So yeah.. that could be your problem.

I'd say you should take a break for a day and then try your luck. The first day you're most likely to get 20% coupon and such, then the chances for 50% increase slightly, but from 2 stars on your chance of getting coupon actually gets lower and I've personally never seen coupon on 3 stars (maybe the rare 75% one?).

Also, once you score 50% off (and it's not that rare mind you) you can get 570 plat for 10 bucks. That will pretty much set you up for life as long as you don't spend it on bling.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Your priorities were backwards, I feel. 

Buy slots, not cosmetics and you'll enjoy the game more than otherwise.

Recently I've been entertaining the possibility that weapons and Warframes might retain their upgrades even when sold and rebuilt. I feel that might be a fair compromise, but I don't have the metrics to justify it.

the thing is that i feel slots are "unfair" (it´s kinda stretched, but you get my meaning)

i don´t like missing content because of lack of slots, that´s why i don´t support it by buying them.

Well, the plat coupon login reward works differently compared to other rewards. You get better rewards when you log in every day for a week or so (3 star reward). At that point you have the highest chance to get keys, BPs, forma, potatoes, etc.

The highest chance to recieve coupons is ON THE LOWEST rank rewards, 1 or 2 stars max, above that you get coupon very rarely. So if you miss one day and don't log into Warframe you have a pretty good chance to get 50% off.

This makes sense since it assumes that more casual players with less time to play are more likely to buy some plat to boost themselves, while the "hardcore" crowd that logs in every day gets some in-game stuff.

So yeah.. that could be your problem.

I'd say you should take a break for a day and then try your luck. The first day you're most likely to get 20% coupon and such, then the chances for 50% increase slightly, but from 2 stars on your chance of getting coupon actually gets lower and I've personally never seen coupon on 3 stars (maybe the rare 75% one?).

Thats the worst logic i see in this weak...but its true. the coupons should be more common in tier 3 rewards and remember the "hardcore" player are the ones who put more money in the game.

the thing is that i feel slots are "unfair" (it´s kinda stretched, but you get my meaning)

i don´t like missing content because of lack of slots, that´s why i don´t support it by buying them.

Well, DE has to make money somehow. Also, slots are dirt cheap in this game. You'll find plenty of F2P games where they ask 5-10 bucks for ONE character slot.

Thats the worst logic i see in this weak...but its true. the coupons should be more common in tier 3 rewards and remember the "hardcore" player are the ones who put more money in the game.

Game makers logic,

hardcore players will spend money at full price because they are hooked to a point of no return, but casuals need more persuading so we will give them % off coupons.

I think that is where the elusive 75% off is hiding (never seen one myself).

If you'll excuse the exaggeration, this is similar to going to a restaurant you believe to commit horrible acts animal cruelty and ordering a salad because you don't want to advocate the mistreatment of animals or something.

It's probably more reasonable to protest with sensible arguments and appeals to logic than it is to deliberately handicap your own experience.

You can experience everything in the game without spending a dime. Yes, slots will greatly improve your experience, they're also the only non cosmetic thing that you have to spend platinum to get. They are a convenience, a very nice convenience, but a convenience none the less. That's because DE is a business, and needs money to keep making games. If they didn't make it at all inconvenient for free players, they wouldn't make much money. The long term goal is to convert a free player who sticks around long enough in to a paying player. That's their entire business model.

I feel that if you've played the game enough that you're at the point that you need more slots, DE has earned your money.

Games are expensive as hell to make, and you should not feel entitled to playing them for free.

The average price of producing a video game slowly rose from US$1–4 million in 2000 to over $5 million in 2006, then to over $20 million by 2010.
Edited by MeteorKing