Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dos Mercury Need A First Timers Filter?

BloodKitten

just wondering what you guys think, i did some games there in the past week and saw high level players there probebly farming for ferrite or something, or on vor, and alot of the times there is a new player there that just try to figure out stuff, wich is not really fun to do when other people just rush.

so my thinking is, have a filter for new players, if its thier first time runing on mercury, they will not be matched with anyone that already finished it, after they finish it, then they can get matched with whoever available at the time they try to play.

what you guys think about something like this?

yh i ran vor for the seer parts and i must have been with 2 other experienced players as they seemed happy to rush but there was one guy who tried to keep up with us but when we went in to the vent systems which sometimes require wall running he got stuck and us 3 had already ran off and didnt realise he was stuck and this new player didnt know how to use the chat either so i stopped looked about realised he wasnt even close to use.

after this i type in to chat "press 't' if you need to chat" and he responds with "IM STUCK THE GAME IS BUGGED" and i asked him what was up and he said he couldnt jump up the wall it was too high so i told him how to wall run but as he got out of it the other 2 players had reached extraction and so i hoped he could catch up and ifnish the mission and i began to run to extraction too to avoid losing the vor drops i got.

thing is with mercury experienced players dont care and newer players can be afraid to ask and also if these kinds of things happen to a new player frequently they may wish to never return to the game which is quite disappointing as they havent even made it in to the main parts of the game.

thing is with mercury experienced players dont care and newer players can be afraid to ask and also if these kinds of things happen to a new player frequently they may wish to never return to the game which is quite disappointing as they havent even made it in to the main parts of the game.

Then people should learn to beta.

Or you can go Private and ask for some help in the recruiting channel.

Or have some friends elsewhere who are also new or willing to help and go Private.

Or let the experienced players know that you're new and would like to figure out the game for yourself/you don't want them to rush and destroy everything.

In the world of Online PUGs, expect nothing but the wildlife.

Actually, about once a week i go to Mercury for the specific purpose of fishing for noobs, and giving them a big crash course in the game. I enjoy teaching, and that seems to be a pretty good way to do it. Its also a good way of Recruiting for my clan...We do have several very high end players, but we always try our best to get the most untrained Tenno we can find, and turn them into absolute monsters. If we can give them Skill, Teamwork, and a sense of game etiquette, We Win, no matter what the scores say.

Actually, about once a week i go to Mercury for the specific purpose of fishing for noobs, and giving them a big crash course in the game. I enjoy teaching, and that seems to be a pretty good way to do it. Its also a good way of Recruiting for my clan...We do have several very high end players, but we always try our best to get the most untrained Tenno we can find, and turn them into absolute monsters. If we can give them Skill, Teamwork, and a sense of game etiquette, We Win, no matter what the scores say.

It's also a good way to make friends and just have fun. :D

Yes I think this would be a good idea, although it could restrict the new players finding groups.  Perhaps there should be something in the tutorial about how to get groups.  Maybe even a buddy type system where experienced players will run a couple of mercury maps.

There really should be some kind of fenced off area for learning the basics I think.

In my own experience the fact that experienced players can run low level missions for the same rewards really hurts the game.  My first try of Warframe was in closed beta and it wasn't a good one.  I tried a few maps and in every one got people rushing ahead and not bothering to explain anything.  It honestly put me off the game and I didn't go back until it came out in 'open beta/soft launch'.

The tutorial definitely helps but it needs more help for new players I think.  Perhaps mercury shouldn't be accessible past mastery level 2 or something.  IDK, it needs more...

thing is like I mentioned in my anecdote some of the newer players don't even know how to use chat and due to its unresponsive and buggy nature chat is altogether difficult to use any way

Thats when you explain it to them. Granted its a bit buggy, but its not too huge of a deal when its only Mercury?

Yes I think this would be a good idea, although it could restrict the new players finding groups.  Perhaps there should be something in the tutorial about how to get groups.  Maybe even a buddy type system where experienced players will run a couple of mercury maps.

There really should be some kind of fenced off area for learning the basics I think.

In my own experience the fact that experienced players can run low level missions for the same rewards really hurts the game.  My first try of Warframe was in closed beta and it wasn't a good one.  I tried a few maps and in every one got people rushing ahead and not bothering to explain anything.  It honestly put me off the game and I didn't go back until it came out in 'open beta/soft launch'.

The tutorial definitely helps but it needs more help for new players I think.  Perhaps mercury shouldn't be accessible past mastery level 2 or something.  IDK, it needs more...

And thats exactly why i do what i do. Ive had a lot of now veteran players in my clan go back to help others, just like i did for them. The more people that do that, the fewer that start the douchebaggery that you had to deal with. I can totally see how that could put someone off the whole game.