Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Speed constant recasts need to be elminated

Shockwave-

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

i will admit that some weapon combos are a bit harder to pull off specific combos... specifically pause combos.

but where some do have problems with the speed shifts others dont.. additionally many combos dont require timing. Block Combos, directional combos, combos that require no specific input changes, not to mention slide attack spam. these things dont suffer from speeds effects unless you have a weapon like prisma Obex and a volt with excessive power strength where its nearly impossible to input button presses fast enough that the combo resets..

but hey, that totally ignores people who complain entirely due to speed affecting the timing of their macros... which do exist on PS4 and Xbox too afterall.

i am not the most skilled player, yet i don't have half the struggles that i keep seeing on these forums about speed... and need i remind that Valkyr has similar bonuses that affect combo inputs..

as for ability to navigate at the altered speed... again its more of a learning how to issue and not wanting to.

Spamming speed.... i have made my part and given my suggestions on helping those that genuinely hate it in spite of my personal opinion that the players who dislike speed should really just learn to get along with the ability. 

First off, my personal preferance is a cooldown on speed applications when someone preforms the "opt out".. 1-5m cooldown is ideal as backflipping is a uncommon thing to preform by mistake.

" players who dislike speed should really just learn to get along with the ability. "
Not something i have been able to do in 2200+ hrs of playing Warframe (am now MR24).
Volt's speed skill aggravates simulator sickness, and the effect isnt quite the same as from other warframes that can effect speed.

• Like 2

but DE wont outright give a "toggle" as it puts far too many issues with other abilities. I have 1 minute long immunity to a 5 minute long immunity is plenty, most matches don't last much longer than 5 minutes unless its a endless mission.

... the idea of a buff being detrimental due to a player lacking is very different from a buff being detrimental because it stops something from happening entirely. Speed at worst makes it harder, it doesn't make something IMPOSSIBLE.

I have not at any point said they shouldn't try and improve the opt out but you people who get pissed at volt speed cannot see anything but the same stupid amounts of hate that is still thrown at limbo.

but no, carry on.

Personally, I hate Volt, I see many other players that share this sentiment.  I don't mean here, but in-game, in streams & stream-chats, as well as some I know personally.  I and some others have said the only good Volt, is a negative-range Volt, because this type of Volt realizes their teammates HATE random unjustifiable speed boosts.  They get their speed, their teammates don't, win-win.  If I want speed, I just do a bullet jump, Volt is unneeded and unwanted.  If I want attack speed, I play Valkyr, who just-so-happens to be capable of bullet-jumping.  The only time I ever want to see Volt on my team is whilst hunting eidolons.

I'm of the camp that there should just be a toggle in game options to "Always opt-out of Volt speed."  It's not a difficult concept to comprehend, I just NEVER want Volt speed, no matter what.  They have a gameplay option specifically to mute allied Octavia "music," which literally has no practical impact on gameplay.  Volt has an actual impact on practical gameplay, which is a negative one most importantly.  The "solutions" should not be limited to backflipping literally every 5 seconds for an entire match (I have gladly backflipped off cliffs multiple times.  I don't care, I do so knowing I'm jumping off a cliff.) or leaving the mission & praying there isn't another on the next one.