Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused about negative platinum balance

Kesti

Question

I've been getting into rolling and trading rivens recently and have been hearing about fraudulent platinum being removed in the game and leading to bans. So i just want to get clarification on this.

If I:
1. trade a godly riven for platinum,
2. spend some of it so that I have less platinum than whatever that trade was, and
3. the platinum turns out to originate from a stolen credit card and gets charged back,
Will
A) the platinum get removed from my account?
B) Will I get banned my platinum balance goes negative?
C) Can I get my account back without purchasing platinum?

Thank you for reading (and maybe anwsering).

Edited by 4388452

5 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, 4388452 said:

A) the platinum get removed from my account?
B) Will I get banned my platinum balance goes negative?
C) Can I get my account back without purchasing platinum?

A) Yes
B) You won't be banned but you'll have to pay for the plat to make it positive (or, see point C)
C) Maybe. You'll have to deal with Support to get it resolved. They will decide what happens.

46 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

B) You won't be banned but you'll have to pay for the plat to make it positive (or, see point C)

Actually yes, he will get banned if his plat balance is negative. He then can buy plat to get it back in the positive.
He could ask Support about that, but it's not all that likely that he will get unbanned without paying.

A lot of misinformation about getting your account back without purchasing platinum. You definitely can, but it requires the proof you got that platinum by a legit trade and it wasnt a purchase of "black" platinum. So if you have relevant screenshots(of the trade in question and conversation with the other party) to prove you're just a victim - support will be able to help. If not, well, you still should message support, but its unlikely they'll take you at your word.

Edited by Sormaran