Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taiko Drums: Band Practice

[DE]Megan

Screw that noise.  I don't care if it's breaking the rules, I'm gonna make something out of this by myself by layering videos on each other.

The restrictions on this "contest" limit creativity, so I'm just gonna ignore them.

Ok, just know that you are out of the competition.

But have fun.

The reason why we have placed the "no editing/compilation" rule is because obviously those videos will be better in comparison to those that are not edited.

We don't want to exclude those that don't have the ability to edit a video.

Therefore more people can participate equally.

Are there really going to be prizes for this? I have a very small clan and bad connection, there is no way in hell I can coordinate with enough people to actually make something that sounds good. I'm also not really good at making music. I hope these prizes aren't exclusive. Putting in exclusive prizes in a game about shooting things from an event that has nothing to do with the actual game is rather irritating.

The reason why we have placed the "no editing/compilation" rule is because obviously those videos will be better in comparison to those that are not edited.

We don't want to exclude those that don't have the ability to edit a video.

Therefore more people can participate equally.

Except we're already excluding the player base who don't have the ability to make a video in the first place.  And believe me, a staggering majority fall within this category.

The people that will actually have the means to record will also most likely know how to edit it too......since you know, they did consciously obtain that recording software themselves.

It's a nice contest on paper, but poorly thought out.  Any musician will tell you that it's already difficult enough to get a bunch of amateur musicians to play together in perfect synchronization; to do so with all the external factors such as lag and latency?  Nearly impossible.

I won't participate.  I don't expect anything good to come of this, but I'll keep my eye in it to see if someone can pull something off

Edited by [DE]Megan
cleanup