Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the Way Chat Suspention is dealt with

Dabluechimp

Currently I feel as if the Chat Suspension is not handled that good at all, I feel the need to voice my opinion on ways it could be improved
and to get this out of the way, yes I was chat Suspended, no I was not told why, yes I have contacted support, and no, they could not help (and this is not a topic about my suspension this is meant to be a topic about improving the system, please keep that in mind when talking, so please no arguing, I do this cause I wan't to help DE, not cause I'm mad or upset, or complaining)

According to Warfarme Support, one is supposed to receive a message or notification as to what the offense was
9/10 times this is not Needed because its obvious what caused the Suspension
but when you get the occasional Situation like mine, and you are completely clueless as to what could of triggered it, it would be nice to know What causes the suspension
(And for those who are wondering, here are the things I was talking about before it happened
 • asking why people will randomly talk about Baro ki'teer and why you shouldn't get the Ignis wraith from him
 • about how I find farming credits from the Index Boring and repetitive and thus so I am constantly running out of credits
and thats it, thats what I was talking about, thats all, and before today, last time i was on was quite a while ago, more than a week probably)

and now onto the actual feed back

The Causes

After reading around on Reddit and the Forums I have found that a cause of a Chat suspension can be the use of a Curse word.
So let me ask you this, why does a game, with a toggleable profanity filter and is Rated M(17+) prohibit the use of Curse words
and also, if DE has a problem with the use of these words
     and why not just use KickBot, it has the ability to detect words and remove the message before anybody has time to read it, why should a Suspension from so many things be warranted for something that can be dealt with in a simply and less frustrating manner for both parties

The Reason

Its been found out by others and my self, that Support is not actually told the reason as to the suspension (and if they are, they're lying about it)
I feel this shows DE is being unorganized and bad at dealing with manners such as these, cause, how is user such as myself to know if they unknowingly said something that was against the rules, or if they just made a typo and were banned for it (this has been the case sometimes, I've seen people suspended from chat for saying "Gey" when the context was a typo of "Hey"
granted I've also seen it were the context is unknown.
     But anyways, I feel as if DE should take a look at this, so they can better inform players of their Transgressions

The Support

This one kinda ties into the Previous one, but, again, when Support basically says "sorry we can't help you cause we don't know"
it feels unprofessional and like the system is half finished, and if the only type of replies a person gets when they need helping solving a legit issue instead of just wanting to be un-suspended
it feels like they don't matter, (or the support guys can't do their job, and thats not always case,) and that can lead to player loss, yeah one or two players leaving doesn't matter, but things like this never just cause one or two players to leave, and overtime the amount of people who have quit cause of reasons like this can accumulate

TL:DR
all in all I'm unhappy with the way Support wasn't able to help at all, I don't want my suspension to be removed, I want to find out what I did
     and in its current state I feel DE could improve on the system in place and I feel they need to

Edited by Dabluechimp

The Good News:
DE has a professional team from outside of the office working on just this problem, and providing feedback and suggestions on how to fix and adjust their system.

The Bad News:
"Soon"tm (No time frame of when changes will be seen in the game)

Sadly, a lot of places also outsource their support to other companies that just deal with "customer service" too, so depending on the situation, there's not even a guarantee of problems like this making their way back to someone that can actually help, either.

Sucks that you were banned over a swear word since they're such a common part of our dialogue these days, atleast in clan/alliance chat swear words are replaced with a * instead, they should do the same in region imo. 

That being said I can't really get mad at DE for putting such heavy restrictions on chat because I've seen a LOT of disgusting people who don't know how to be civil in region chat, if I was the unfortunate person in charge of keeping the order there I would go full Hitler on them too I think

Hello @Dabluechimp,

The use of derogatory slurs will result in the immediate suspension of a user from chatting privileges for a period of 7 days. Repeated offenses may result in longer, or permanent, suspensions from the chat. More than likely you were suspended by the kickbot, an automated chat moderation tool developed and managed by DE (it is not controlled by the volunteer chat moderators).

You can view the code of conduct for the in-game chat here, and I will post them below for your convenience:

CHAT MODERATION ACTION OVERVIEW
Chat Moderators are given items to act upon, which can change based on how terms are used and altered within the community. In-game chat controls like Kickbot refer to a list of flagged terms that can be modified at Digital Extreme's sole discretion. Chat Moderators are expected to act with compassion and level-handedness. The list below covers general actionable items only. Please not that this is not an exhaustive list, and attempts to circumvent such rules will be actioned on accordingly.

Moderators are authorized to act upon the following:

Baiting others to trigger Kickbot

• Tricking players into sending messages, words, or terms that are flagged by Kickbot, resulting in the player being kicked from chat

Chat spamming

• Repeating messages with the same content continuously within a short time

Repeated Recruiting in Region chat

• Remaining in Region chat after being directed to the Recruiting chat

Repeated trading in Region chat

• Remaining in Region chat after being directed to the Trading chat

Topics of overtly sexual nature

Racism

• Racial slurs, pejoratives and stereotypes.
  • Using alternate spelling or alluding to racial slurs through masked or reordered characters

Bullying

• Continuously attacking other players

Profanity

• Incessant swearing
  • Using profanity to attack or in reference to another player

Sexism and bigotry

• Attacking players for their sexual identity or orientation.
  • Using alternate spelling or alluding to slurs based on sexual identity or identification through masked or reordered characters

Religious and spiritual intolerance

Attempting to trade fake or real items

• If something does not exist or cannot be traded, it is considered fraud
  • This also covers (but is not limited to) external services, such as personal pictures, levelling services, and content of other games

Developer bashing

• Insults, threats, and other violent, inappropriate, and non-constructive comments about Digital Extremes and its staff are not tolerated

Sharing Personal Information

• This includes, but is not limited to, full birth name, home address, IP address, and phone numbers

Spreading Misinformation

• Misleading other players about Digital Extreme's actions or intentions
  • Repeating attempts to spread false information about a system, player, in-game function or reward after being corrected