The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question about Plat for DE to answer please.

-AncientWarrior-

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Which is why they do what they do and not scuttle Plat trading. 3 day holds would do literally nothing. Credit card companies allow for upwards of 6 months of a window to issue a chargeback.

Lazy is pretending this is a problem that DE hasn't thought of.

I did not realize the time allowed for a chargeback.  I have a later suggestion that takes this into account 

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yeah, my ability to explain stuff isn't the best.
The issue are always the people that try to trick the system. And if your idea was implemented, people could abuse this system.

DE should just remove plat from trades. But this would hurt their plat-sales, so this won't happen.
And let's be real, the current methode seems to work for DE. If it would "ruin" their game, they would have changed it already.

I edited my comment; people are simply not paying the negative balance because it's too high, and they simply start a new account.  DE is still out the money.

And yeah, it'll be abused.  Every system will be abused the second you let humans use it.  But it's not exactly "fair" to burn the person left with the bad plat, especially when they have no way to know the plat might be bad.  

• Like 1

hmm so what if  (example)
 if refunds should be possible they should allow you to get refund ( if you have the plat into your account )  if not decline (reason: you spend ur plat C***)_

because yea to get banned because i sold some mod for few plats meh dude ima gonna cry all over the place

@Chappie1975 really so hard?

Is it? Because I bought my plat by a wire transfer, in that case DE is working with a well recognized third party to secure that. And - yes - wires are not subject to chargeback. In fact, they are even not subject to refund after you start using your plat - and I will quote: "IT IS LEGAL LAW IN EVERY RECOGNIZED COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET."

Well, those arent probably recognized countries: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm.

So much about the legal requirements and laws that apply to refunds. But probably you don't "recognize" EU 26.

So: DE can stop this by not accepting credit cards. Wires nowadays take 3 minutes to reach. Also there are third parties doing the same for them as paypal for wires does - which allows me to send money that way internationally. And not only wires exist, there are a lot of ways to pay that are not subject to chargebacks. Oh come on, I can even pay (up to 100 EUR) by phone, my phone company will bill me later.

To sum up:

1. The problem is that people are allowed to use chargebacks.

2. People are allowed to use them because credit card companies allow this.

For me, a solution would be stop accepting credit cards. Since even now DE is allowing other means of payment, and even they are default, at least when I bought plat. And I'm pretty sure it works similarly in the other parts of the world (Russians using WMZ/WMR, Chinese prefering mobile https://mobilepaymentconference.com/why-china-leads-the-world-in-mobile-payments/  via AliPay and WeChatPay) - not recognized countries either probably, In fact only U.S (and other countries on american continent) consumers love their credit/debit cards to a degree that they use it regularly to pay online, and to some degree - UK and Australia. But even there companies like FreedomPay offer mobile transactions even now, those are not countries living in dark ages of some sort, come on it is XXI century.

So, what is easier - change the game itself, it's core and how it functions, or... Change means of payment for plat?

If they can, or cannot do this - depends on them and their business judgement of the situation. But definetely it is their decision, not some "LEGAL LAW IN EVERY RECOGNIZED COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET.", and they are currently using even as default - other means of payment not involving CC's that risk chargeback.

@J1ha7

It is the case right now. They allow you to refund until you start using bought plat. After that - forget it. Just because that is the law.