Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Stamina System Is Garbage

syle

Combining all of the freerunning with helicoptering and combat successfully was challenging and the most rewarding aspect of the game. It was more rewarding than min/maxing, more rewarding than finishing grinding out weapons, and doing this with a group of people was an experience unequalled in any other game I've played.

You're attempting to eliminate something that needs to be perfected.

Yq5vhEY.png

Should have been a suit level thing.

Current awful stamina at unranked. Old Stamina at lvl 30.

They wanted it to be an important bar. Well that's the way to make you appreciate that bar. By it slowly becoming only a slight nuisance.

Edited by Firetempest

Time to pull out the zoren wings...

Doesn't work nearly as well:

Zoren*

And the problem is that I had the same idea.

And then promptly found out that using said slide-melee combo makes the time before stamina starts to regen come back to full, plus it uses a decent chunk of Stamina (I was using a max rush/quick rest Volt with Storm helmet), so it gives you s quick boost before you have to start walking again.

How often do you get exclusive melee kills? Do you really want your shield draining while you're running? Does that mean you have less shields to escape a fight with? Or less shields to get to a fight with?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105729-this-game-just-went-from-fun-to-a-pain-in-the-to-play/page-2

Actually, it is very good, although it does slow down the play.

It pretty much killed all of the rushers though, wich is a 5-star decision in my books.

Edit: how about trying to use those stamina mods now? They just might've gotten themselves a place in the game after all.

Edited by Kynian

I could eventually live with the new short sprint times....if I didn't have to stand and wait for my entire stamina bar to regen before I could even run up a small wall. Seriousely, this game is suppose to be "Ninja" and showcase fast-paced combat. The fact that you have to stand around for seconds in front of a wall that you need to climb to progress seems counter-intuitive.

It pretty much killed all of the rushers though, wich is a 5-star decision in my books.

Edit: how about trying to use those stamina mods now? They just might've gotten themselves a place in the game after all.

You know how you could "stop the rushers"? Up at the top of the solar system screen, where it says "Online." You can change that to "Private" or "Invite Only" or even "Solo."

Instead, a completely valid playstyle has been killed because "t-too f-f-fast."

People like you make me want to go back to Online just so I can beat everyone to extraction. I won't even hold the really long elevator on the Corpus ships anymore. You've decided that other people aren't allowed to have fun in their own way if it doesn't conform to your idea of fun.

Apparently rushers dont like this new system...all the better. Leave now, and go back to D3.

Why don't you go back to Borderlands 2? There's a nice slow game for you.

Dude I was using a Nyx without shield mods and sprinting mods since the beginning.

Now she with the Quick Rest mod can run no longer than her U9 form WITHOUT any Quick rest.

This is a major nerf !

It forces me to use Nyx to equip redirection, when in the past I can forego Redirection because I could sprint long enough (Nyx isn't a fast frame TBH) now she can't with or without Quick rest or Marathon.

Edited by fatpig84

I appreciate the fact that they're trying to stop rushers, but this is no way to do it. Fast frames using Rush builds and wielding Zorens are still quite fast, though their missions now take a mere minute or more than they did before. However, it completely ruins the whole experience for any player who isn't a rusher who actually enjoyed the abilities of sprinting and wallrunning and the like-- you know, keeping mobile without the intent of rushing the mission.

Rushers can still rush, but many normal players are heavily hindered from playing normally. This "fix" accomplished nearly nothing; it made things far worse.

If you want to eliminate rushing, then change the missions, not the gameplay. I think BlatantFool told me in a thread that I made that they were planning on overhauling Rushable missions like Spy and Sabotage to be less Rushable, which is a much healthier antidote for the entire rushing issue.

To abandon the entire concept of eliminating the possibility of rushing altogether and replace it with "Hey, let's just lower everyone's speed and reduce maneuverability" is, simply put, an absolutely awful idea. Not the worst moves I've seen in games (as most of the little trophies in that particular hall of shame are awarded to former director Han Jae Ho of Vindictus), but, unfortunately, there's no denying that it's quite down there.

I understand that they've been tired as hell throughout the past week, and I do greatly appreciate that level of effort and commitment for the community. Rather than fixing this ASAP, I suggest that they take at least one very good night's sleep before replacing mechanics like these with others.

But I'd like to let them know that issues such as these absolutely must be fixed, or else it'll wither away the same way as Vindictus currently is.

Edited by SortaRandom

Yq5vhEY.png
Should have been a suit level thing.
Current awful stamina at unranked. Old Stamina at lvl 30.
They wanted it to be an important bar. Well that's the way to make you appreciate that bar. By it slowly becoming only a slight nuisance.

lol so hilariously accurate.