Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Stamina System Is Garbage

syle

Don't argue with zalm it doesn't go anywhere.

Yeah, because you know who I am.

Nope, but I totally understand why people who found themselves in a game with you tried to run away as fast as they could.

And now the troll reveals himself.

Glad you enjoying the new stamina system.

Edited by MasterZalm

Eh, I like that it slows down any rushers that don't know about the momentum bug of dual weapons. On the other hand, it made the rushers that know about them resort to use coptering even more now, which is freaking annoying. So while I'm in favor of the new system, the coptering mechanic should be taken out of the game as well.

For the love of God, being able to move fast affects combat as much as it does "the rushers". People who don't want to play the game aren't going to suddenly start fighting things because you made them slower, they're just going to find the next "gimmick" for moving fast (dual zorens etc) and do that instead. This stamina nerf does NOT FIX THE RUSHING PROBLEM AT ALL. You're absolutely stupid if you think it does. That includes you DE. 

DE, just stop adding mods. I have too many prequisites for it to even matter than my block can deflect attacks. I'm too busy trying to un**** the speed nerf you just handed on me while still having enough shielding to not die instantly. 

I'm done with this game. I regret being a founder. 

I had never missed a boss drop since my first few days playing the game until today, I was completely unable to keep up as Trinity until I rearranged my mods. And even then it was horribly clunky, the fast responsiveness of the movement is completely gone and it just sucks out my desire to play anymore. Some frames might be fine but if I have to play Volt and run past everybody because he's too crap to slug it out effectively, isn't that exactly the opposite of what they were trying to do with this change?

If the game's not fun I'll drop it just like everything else where the devs made decisions I didn't agree with. I've never seen the point of playing a game I don't enjoy.

Oh well, at least I won't have anything distracting me from Wonderful 101 in the next couple weeks. And maybe DE will come to their senses by then.

Somehow people didnt realize that stamina nerf can not stop rushers from rushing. They only rush a bit slower. With Shade and a max Quick Rest nothing can stop them.  And now thanks to the nerf you will have a harder time catching up to them and are more exposed to danger due to all the rest that you must take. 

Ran the Catalyst alert using my Ash with my rank 2 Quick Rest. Level 100 couldnt even take my rank 4 Redirection shield down. What make people think that this stamina nerf gonna stop rushers from rushing? 

Edited by EversorMetus

"HURR DURR, better call anyone disagreeing with me a troll in a vain attempt to discredit their opinions"

Didn't expect anything else from someone like you.

Maybe you didnt read what he said to me, or our little spout, but in short, he said me not rushing was the problem, and I said he was the problem since rushers got nerfed, not me. A nerf usually dictates there is an op problem with that particular issue. Maybe you should learn to read the whole story before jumping to conclusions.

I`m not sure what they were trying to do with this change.

Did they intend to stop rushing? People still do it, except now it`s slightly harder and the game has in general lost it`s speed. In fact, instead of making half-assed attempts at fixing a deep issue, how about they actually reward level exploration? How about the occasional rare mod hidden in one of the few secret rooms? How about making ammo more sparse and switching over to clips instead of ammo pools? If I`m running low on ammo then I will surely explore the levels for more. Or how about just giving more credits from lockers, etc. ? 

Or how about people stop trying to make others play their way? That could work too. if people would have stopped whining, we might not have had this change to begin with. either play with friends or play solo, I don`t care. I won`t waste my time because you decided that you`re shooting every enemy and going to go trough every locker, just to get a couple hundred credits and ammo you don`t need. 

TL;DR : New stamina system is a failed attempt at fixing rushing, it simply has made the movement more tedious because you can`t run longer than 10 seconds. 

it dsnt work for fast paced gameplay

its not fun

its annoying as hell

gj scott , another ember type of decision

No, its not.

It's a good step forward towards eliminating rushing and forcing people to choose between let's say a mod that improves stamina regen/pool or mods that improve casting abilities.

It doesn't stop rushing. Rusher will just slide more often or zoren copter.

On my Loki, it doesn't even affect me if sprinting drained shields since I can go cloaky.

In fact, to make it a point, I will assassinate bosses far faster than before now just to show how this change make you guys suffer even more instead of me.

And I told DE countless times, if you want to eliminate boss rushing, either use a double door which requires 2 person to open or do the jackal arena. Done deal.

Edited by fatpig84

Evidently people have forgotten the meaning of trolling. Not surprising really, slightly lamentable, but not that surprising.

+1 to reverting, in current Walkframe I can't even run on the wall after sprinting for a mere 2 seconds. And it's not a nice idea to have ninjas breathless after 30 metres of sprinting.

PS: The sprinting problem far extends beyond the realm of "rushers" and "explorers", and I highly suggest that anyone endorsing the recent "status quo" due to not being able to keep up in missions not be so narrowminded.

PSS: Contrary to popular belief, people do not play from Mercury to Pluto on a single speed and/or style.

PSSS: The Jackal idea is a good one.

Edited by Tennosaurus_Lex

It doesn't stop rushing. Rusher will just slide more often or zoren copter.

On my Loki, it doesn't even affect me if sprinting drained shields since I can go cloaky.

In fact, to make it a point, I will assassinate bosses far faster than before now just to show how this change make you guys suffer even more instead of me.

And I told DE countless times, if you want to eliminate boss rushing, either use a double door which requires 2 person to open or do the jackal arena. Done deal.

Pretty much. And then your sentinel recharge your shield, give you even more sprint time. If anything this update make sure that absolutely no one can catch up to Ash and Loki anymore.

Ok, I may have misworded that...They didnt remove rushing, they super buffed it. They buffed rushing to the fact that nobody can keep up, unless they mod themselves with all the stamina and speed mods.

You did misrepresent the truth in your statements. I helped correct your statement for factual accuracy.