Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Nemesis (Wip)

(XBOX)vx Axol xv

So heres the idea behind this warframe. He was basically created by the Orokin to sneak behind enemy lines by first killing a soldier of the opposing side then taking that soldiers form and gathering intelligence by listening in then using said intel to destroy them from the inside.

His First Ability= Facade: While behind an enemy use this move and he will kill then quickly take the form of the unit you chose to disguise as whilst also gaining its weaknesses and resistances and being able to use the loadout that unit you chose would normally have.

His Second Ability = Feign Death : Upon using this ability Nemesis will leave a fake body behind to fool the enemy.

His 3rd Ability = Security Breach: Upon Activation any Drone Like Mobs aka Moa's Ospreys Rollers and the like within a certain radius of nemesis will for x amount of time turn on their allies and aid you upon this ability’s deactivation drones that were taken over will self destruct aka die.

His 4th Ability = Last Resort : Upon Activating This Ability Nemesis Will Teleport rapidly to each enemy within a certain radius and preform takedown moves while doing so the enemies are blinded.

Edited by (XB1)oORubberFruitOo

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

their 4th sounds like Ash's old 4th, also... when i saw the name 'Nemesis' i for some reason thought they would be female

Nemesis In greek mythology was a man he was a god who would strike people down for their hubris (excessive pride or self-confidence.) aka for being to arrogant.  So what did you think of my concept sound cool?

7 hours ago, (XB1)oORubberFruitOo said:

Nemesis In greek mythology was a man he was a god who would strike people down for their hubris (excessive pride or self-confidence.) aka for being to arrogant.  So what did you think of my concept sound cool?

Nemesis is female in Greek mythology most of the time. She was a goddess of giving what is due to them for good or bad. In later instances, she became the hand of retribution (revenge) and justice. Not saying that the frame can’t be male though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis

Also, his ultimate is the same as Ash’s Bladestorm before his rework. No one button nukes.

His kit seems way too niche to be practical. Robots only spawn in Corpus missions so his 3rd ability would be complete useless against Infested or Grineer. Corrupted do have drones too but not enough to be useful.

His 1st ability wouldn’t scale well and is very impractical. Why would you want to play as a generic soldier when you have space powers? Also, Nyx would be much more useful than this. 

His 2nd ability is the best one except he should probably turn invisible or something.

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

9 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Nemesis is female in Greek mythology most of the time. She was a goddess of giving what is due to them for good or bad. In later instances, she became the hand of retribution (revenge) and justice. Not saying that the frame can’t be male though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis

Also, his ultimate is the same as Ash’s Bladestorm before his rework. No one button nukes.

His kit seems way too niche to be practical. Robots only spawn in Corpus missions so his 3rd ability would be complete useless against Infested or Grineer. Corrupted do have drones too but not enough to be useful.

His 1st ability wouldn’t scale well and is very impractical. Why would you want to play as a generic soldier when you have space powers? Also, Nyx would be much more useful than this. 

His 2nd ability is the best one except he should probably turn invisible or something.

You have any suggestions then? Also yeah with the second that was the plan with the second one.  He’d leave a fake body behind then turn invisible.

And on the first ability  the plan with the disguise kit was for use on spy missions. Plus the loadout you’d gain would be a super buffed version of what the unit would have in other words it’s not a bad trade off plus it makes you invulnerable to their weapons due to the resistances.

I still want to keep the disguise kit if you have any ideas on how to rework the disguise kit I’m willing to hear it or give me something relatively similar to it.

im open for suggestions on the last two abilities 

4 hours ago, (XB1)oORubberFruitOo said:

You have any suggestions then? Also yeah with the second that was the plan with the second one.  He’d leave a fake body behind then turn invisible.

And on the first ability  the plan with the disguise kit was for use on spy missions. Plus the loadout you’d gain would be a super buffed version of what the unit would have in other words it’s not a bad trade off plus it makes you invulnerable to their weapons due to the resistances.

I still want to keep the disguise kit if you have any ideas on how to rework the disguise kit I’m willing to hear it or give me something relatively similar to it.

maybe change the 1st so that it can be done from any side (otherwise it would be useless if the alarms were on) and knocks out all nearby enemies and causes them to forget everything beforehand (that way it's quite good, also... how would that work for enemies like Bursa's, ospreys, rollers, etc?

for their 2nd maybe they give off a yell in the enemies language and causes the nearest enemy to reset the alarms and causes all nearby enemies to forget about Nemesis's presence for 10 seconds (almost removing him from their sight)

3rd i think should change, not sure what to though, maybe enemies realise their wrongdoings towards the bringer of retribution and change sides for a while

4th absolutely needs to change: really bad idea but maybe they change into a winged angel, and all enemies who go in a 10m range of them receive a 'divine retribution' mark, when nemesis exits their angel form, all enemies lose 90% of their health and receive a random status affect. or she uses a large sword while in angel form to deal high damage to enemies (maybe the more damage they've done to the objective, the longer they've been in an objective, the more damage they've done to nemesis or friendly allies, the more damage they take from nemesis)

this would make them more of a stealth frame that can hold their own in times of need (a bit of Loki and Nyx with a spot of uniqueness), (i used she as i was unsure of this frames gender, because they could be male despite appearing female in mythology). i see them as more of a revenge-based frame, like their origins as the goddess of retribution (much like loki being a stealth based frame named after the trickster god), although my idea for their first and second don't really fit that theme

Possible Weapons 

Primary:

Name: Tathlum 

Weapon Type: Rifle 

This Rifle is the epitome of silence instead of bullets it fires metal bolts that puncture and  inject potent paralytic and deadly poison into any target unlucky enough to have its bolts lodged into their flesh and if the poison doesn’t kill the target the bleeding caused by the bolts sure will.

Stats:

Puncture Damage: 250

Toxin Damage: 100

Alert Ratio: Silent

Secondary: 

Name: Ulu 

Weapon Type: Pistol 

The Ulu is a versatile heavily modified cutter that used to be made for mineral cutting through its modifications it has been made into a tool that only has two purposes cutting into wires and...to kill.

Stats: 

Radiation Damage: 90 

Puncture Damage: 35

Slash Damage: 35 

Weapon Type: Integrated Melee (Specific To Nemesis Like Garudas Claws) 

Name: Blood Creed Blades 

So basically these are like the hidden blades from assasins creed. And to use them it is conditional. But It doesn’t take up an inventory slot in melee it has its own slot like Mesas Guns Excaliburs Blade And Garudas Claws now how I plan to have these work is that the reward you for being stealthy and opting for takedowns. They can only be used when you are undetected but getting stealth kills with these will grant you invisibity for a period of time as well as having melee damage ramped up quite a bit while invisible leaving more opportunities for stealth kills. 

Of course this damage buff won’t not have a cap on it because that’d be rediculous.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

maybe change the 1st so that it can be done from any side (otherwise it would be useless if the alarms were on) and knocks out all nearby enemies and causes them to forget everything beforehand (that way it's quite good, also... how would that work for enemies like Bursa's, ospreys, rollers, etc?

for their 2nd maybe they give off a yell in the enemies language and causes the nearest enemy to reset the alarms and causes all nearby enemies to forget about Nemesis's presence for 10 seconds (almost removing him from their sight)

3rd i think should change, not sure what to though, maybe enemies realise their wrongdoings towards the bringer of retribution and change sides for a while

4th absolutely needs to change: really bad idea but maybe they change into a winged angel, and all enemies who go in a 10m range of them receive a 'divine retribution' mark, when nemesis exits their angel form, all enemies lose 90% of their health and receive a random status affect. or she uses a large sword while in angel form to deal high damage to enemies (maybe the more damage they've done to the objective, the longer they've been in an objective, the more damage they've done to nemesis or friendly allies, the more damage they take from nemesis)

this would make them more of a stealth frame that can hold their own in times of need (a bit of Loki and Nyx with a spot of uniqueness), (i used she as i was unsure of this frames gender, because they could be male despite appearing female in mythology). i see them as more of a revenge-based frame, like their origins as the goddess of retribution (much like loki being a stealth based frame named after the trickster god), although my idea for their first and second don't really fit that theme

Like the design of nemesis? Also good idea on the abilities 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)oORubberFruitOo said:

Like the design of nemesis? Also good idea on the abilities 

their design is nice, although maybe, they should have some folded wings on their back, they were often depicted with wings (i know that warframe doesn't use designs from mythology, but Ivara's design is similar to the general depiction of Artemis, goddess of the hunt), and thanks

59 minutes ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

their design is nice, although maybe, they should have some folded wings on their back, they were often depicted with wings (i know that warframe doesn't use designs from mythology, but Ivara's design is similar to the general depiction of Artemis, goddess of the hunt), and thanks

What do you think of the weapon concepts?

I honestly think that 4ths like Valkyr’s  Mesa’s  And Excalibur’s should be made into something special to use again because let’s be honest it felt great to use valkyr before her nerfs and reworks it made you feel powerful.  

I am to please everyone who misses how powerful those warframes were before the nerfs and those who would complain that they were too op. By giving a balanced and rewarding new mechanic to this warframe concept.  

4 minutes ago, (XB1)oORubberFruitOo said:

What do you think of the weapon concepts?

overall the weapons feel too different, the Tathlum sounds good, but if it also deals toxin damage, make it loud

the Ulu... beam secondaries have never been the best... the only exception being the gammacor, which is decent to say the least, with the ocucor being a piece of trash, a beam secondary needs to be done right, either it deals high damage and becomes another gammacor or it feels like trash and becomes another ocucor

the Blood Creed Blades... i get your idea... silent blades are good, but in mythology Nemesis has used a dagger (although sometimes depicted as a sword), but it's concept sounds similar to the Skiajati or the Rakta Dark Dagger, and we all know how meta that is... but i think that, like Garuda's claws, you don't have to use them, as i think that if Nemesis became an in-game warframe, their meta would be Rakta builds, probably. i'd see it as Nemesis, AR with hush, Pyrana (incase things get sticky) and Rakta Dark Dagger. so maybe a dagger, that, in her hands and her hands only, causes enemy bodies to become surrounded by spirits of retribution, that seek out and damage enemies in the same room as the body, if an enemy is killed by one of these, they will spawn more spirits of retribution. this weapon should deal electric damage (a little nod to the enemy being smited, as smiting something can only be done with lightning and is seen as a type of retribution)

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

overall the weapons feel too different, the Tathlum sounds good, but if it also deals toxin damage, make it loud

the Ulu... beam secondaries have never been the best... the only exception being the gammacor, which is decent to say the least, with the ocucor being a piece of trash, a beam secondary needs to be done right, either it deals high damage and becomes another gammacor or it feels like trash and becomes another ocucor

the Blood Creed Blades... i get your idea... silent blades are good, but in mythology Nemesis has used a dagger (although sometimes depicted as a sword), but it's concept sounds similar to the Skiajati or the Rakta Dark Dagger, and we all know how meta that is... but i think that, like Garuda's claws, you don't have to use them, as i think that if Nemesis became an in-game warframe, their meta would be Rakta builds, probably. i'd see it as Nemesis, AR with hush, Pyrana (incase things get sticky) and Rakta Dark Dagger. so maybe a dagger, that, in her hands and her hands only, causes enemy bodies to become surrounded by spirits of retribution, that seek out and damage enemies in the same room as the body, if an enemy is killed by one of these, they will spawn more spirits of retribution. this weapon should deal electric damage (a little nod to the enemy being smited, as smiting something can only be done with lightning and is seen as a type of retribution)

The hidden blades are pretty much like spring daggers anyway.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

true

I’m not gonna just leave it at the hidden blades he’ll have his own dagger included in his weapon pack. 

Did you like his prime design? Or is it too flashy? Also i was wondering if you recognized the pattern on his face.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

i was gonna ask earlier about the stalker-esque helmet... i think it's a good choice

Yeah I was thinking of connecting the story of this frame with stalker because stalker either was a warframe without a Tenno or a traitorous Tenno That fused with his warframe and I was thinking Nemesis could fill that void of not knowing what the stalker actually is because he has virtually no lore behind exactly what or who he is.

He for the most part gives us vauge hints that he may be an orokin that was forced to become a frame like umbra or either did it of his own volition. But other than that he’s just there with largely zero further explanation on his identity. 

Do you think this is a good idea or a bad one?

10 minutes ago, (XB1)oORubberFruitOo said:

Yeah I was thinking of connecting the story of this frame with stalker because stalker either was a warframe without a Tenno or a traitorous Tenno That fused with his warframe and I was thinking Nemesis could fill that void of not knowing what the stalker actually is because he has virtually no lore behind exactly what or who he is.

He for the most part gives us vauge hints that he may be an orokin that was forced to become a frame like umbra or either did it of his own volition. But other than that he’s just there with largely zero further explanation on his identity. 

Do you think this is a good idea or a bad one?

i think its a good idea

12 hours ago, (XB1)oORubberFruitOo said:

Alright, first ability shouldn't give you the abilities of the enemy because the enemy abilities suck. Yeah, they could one shot you but they are not very fluid, clunky and broken if it weren't for the AI. I would suggest to only make you look like an enemy and prevent you from triggering laser or cameras over the duration and make enemy not attack you. This could be broken if you were to kill or attack anything that is another enemy. It's basically invisibility but with a negative that it can't be used offensively. The reason disguises don't really exist is because invisibility is a lot better and doesn't have all these drawbacks. You might as well use Ivara.

The 3rd ability is too much like Mag's Polarize with it's augment Counter Pulse. I would suggest making it disable drones vision permanently and disable shield recovery for all enemies as well as allies but give allies 95% damage reduction and a small heal over time or something.

His 4th ability doesn't fit well with his kit. It sounds more like disable the alarms without hacking and disable all the lights kind of move. Maybe you can make it so that all enemies have reduced vision inside an area even without technology around you and make them susceptible to finishers. Sounds like a blind but it's a constant area blind which can gain new enemies that walk into the area. You can also make all allies inside invisible or much harder to target.

Take these suggestion lightly because it's probably not what you had in mind. Take what you want but I don't really think this game needs another stealth frame.

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

12 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Alright, first ability shouldn't give you the abilities of the enemy because the enemy abilities suck. Yeah, they could one shot you but they are not very fluid, clunky and broken if it weren't for the AI. I would suggest to only make you look like an enemy and prevent you from triggering laser or cameras over the duration and make enemy not attack you. This could be broken if you were to kill or attack anything that is another enemy. It's basically invisibility but with a negative that it can't be used offensively. The reason disguises don't really exist is because invisibility is a lot better and doesn't have all these drawbacks. You might as well use Ivara.

The 3rd ability is too much like Mag's Polarize with it's augment Counter Pulse. I would suggest making it disable drones vision permanently and disable shield recovery for all enemies as well as allies but give allies 95% damage reduction and a small heal over time or something.

His 4th ability doesn't fit well with his kit. It sounds more like disable the alarms without hacking and disable all the lights kind of move. Maybe you can make it so that all enemies have reduced vision inside an area even without technology around you and make them susceptible to finishers. Sounds like a blind but it's a constant area blind which can gain new enemies that walk into the area. You can also make all allies inside invisible or much harder to target.

Take these suggestion lightly because it's probably not what you had in mind. Take what you want but I don't really think this game needs another stealth frame.

He’d be able crack out spy missions quickly which I avoid unless I have to absolutely do them for a node alert or what have you. Yes warframe doesn’t need your standard stealth frame.  But it does need a frame that actively rewards you for being stealthy.  See his weapons especially the last which is an integrated melee like Garuda’s Claws, Valkyr’s Talons, And Excaliburs Exalted Blade.  

He will have what made the old frames special that old fashioned OP feel of Valkyr before the nerfs and reworks but balanced to where those who’d detract against it if it was fully OP will be happy. I plan to have his integrated melee be the main draw of him he’ll make people feel special playing their frames again. 

The weapons of which Which I will quote here vv

19 hours ago, (XB1)oORubberFruitOo said:

Possible Weapons 

Primary:

Name: Tathlum 

Weapon Type: Rifle 

This Rifle is the epitome of silence instead of bullets it fires metal bolts that puncture and  inject potent paralytic and deadly poison into any target unlucky enough to have its bolts lodged into their flesh and if the poison doesn’t kill the target the bleeding caused by the bolts sure will.

Stats:

Puncture Damage: 250

Toxin Damage: 100

Alert Ratio: Silent

Secondary: 

Name: Ulu 

Weapon Type: Pistol 

The Ulu is a versatile heavily modified cutter that used to be made for mineral cutting through its modifications it has been made into a tool that only has two purposes cutting into wires and...to kill.

Stats: 

Radiation Damage: 90 

Puncture Damage: 35

Slash Damage: 35 

Weapon Type: Integrated Melee (Specific To Nemesis Like Garudas Claws) 

Name: Blood Creed Blades 

So basically these are like the hidden blades from assasins creed. And to use them it is conditional. But It doesn’t take up an inventory slot in melee it has its own slot like Mesas Guns Excaliburs Blade And Garudas Claws now how I plan to have these work is that the reward you for being stealthy and opting for takedowns. They can only be used when you are undetected but getting stealth kills with these will grant you invisibity for a period of time as well as having melee damage ramped up quite a bit while invisible leaving more opportunities for stealth kills. 

Of course this damage buff won’t not have a cap on it because that’d be rediculous.

He’d also be great for generating affinity because of the amount of stealth kills you’d be able to pull off if you were good with him.

2 hours ago, (XB1)oORubberFruitOo said:

He’d be able crack out spy missions quickly which I avoid unless I have to absolutely do them for a node alert or what have you. Yes warframe doesn’t need your standard stealth frame.  But it does need a frame that actively rewards you for being stealthy.  See his weapons especially the last which is an integrated melee like Garuda’s Claws, Valkyr’s Talons, And Excaliburs Exalted Blade.  

He will have what made the old frames special that old fashioned OP feel of Valkyr before the nerfs and reworks but balanced to where those who’d detract against it if it was fully OP will be happy. I plan to have his integrated melee be the main draw of him he’ll make people feel special playing their frames again. 

Um... all of the frames of the old were nerfed because DE doesn't want press 4 to win frames. They have gone way past that since then. If you're saying what I think you're saying, DE would probably be against it.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Um... all of the frames of the old were nerfed because DE doesn't want press 4 to win frames. They have gone way past that since then. If you're saying what I think you're saying, DE would probably be against it.

You didnt read a freaking word of the last weapon did you. It’s not a 1 button nuke for lords sake. Did you not see that “You have to remain undetected to use them.” And it’s not like they will have a bunch of time in the invisiblity trait that weapon would give you unless you were very careful modding them even then there will be a decent and fair capacity on how long it will last it won’t be too short nor last too long.

If you’re going to reply actually read what I said instead of going by instinct. I said it would be giving you the feel of being OP but not actually make you OP in otherwords he’ll feel great to use but not too greet that people won’t use other frames. 

In other words HE WILL BE POWERFUL BUT BALANCED.  

Because let’s be honest here not everyone knows or is as familiar with what mod loadouts work well and what mod loadouts do poorly in performance like seasoned veterans like someone who has 4000+ hours  playing the game. 

I have more of a berserker type playstyle I want to do as much raw damage as possible wether that be through going in guns blazing or through stealth. Which is why I liked Valkyr before the nerfs I play really aggressively while my teammates focus on objectives. 

That’s why I came up with the concept for nemesis because i think he’d be a cool frame for both people who want a warframe that is both pretty powerful especially when modded but balanced and fair so people won’t complain about him being over powered or an annoyance. 

Its an ideal frame for me and others like me who play in this berserker type play style. 

It makes both parties happy so it’s a win win.