Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rounding out Baruuk

(XBOX)Knight Raime

36 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Yeah, that doesnt specify if the melee combo counter effects the waves or not. It just says “damage”.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah, that doesnt specify if the melee combo counter effects the waves or not. It just says “damage”.

Well it does... You gotta build the counter with direct hits or finishers. Then the waves get a boost based on the damage. U gotta get it to x2 though,  x1.5 doesn't do anything.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

5 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Well it does... You gotta build the counter with direct hits or finishers. Then the waves get a boost based on the damage. U gotta get it to x2 though,  x1.5 doesn't do anything.

It doesn't. Repeating it multiple times doesn't make it more true.

Getting de ja vu of the time when you were adamant that Gladiator mods on a melee weapon didn't benefit the Unique one, something I also proved pretty easily.

35 seconds in, 1573 on a non crit, 5975 on a crit.

During the finisher attacks you can see that I'm hitting Orange crits, because Gladiator mods.

48 seconds in, with a 2x combo multiplier, 1573 on a non crit to the enemy in the back left (proving that the Gladiator set has no impact on the waves) and, guess what, 5975 on the normal crits.

It's time to stop.

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

It doesn't. Repeating it multiple times doesn't make it more true.

Getting de ja vu of the time when you were adamant that Gladiator mods on a melee weapon didn't benefit the Unique one, something I also proved pretty easily.

35 seconds in, 1573 on a non crit, 5975 on a crit.

During the finisher attacks you can see that I'm hitting Orange crits, because Gladiator mods.

48 seconds in, with a 2x combo multiplier, 1573 on a non crit to the enemy in the back left (proving that the Gladiator set has no impact on the waves) and, guess what, 5975 on the normal crits.

It's time to stop.

Ill make a video as well. I run a over 100% crit build. So ill get sum data and post it.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I run a over 100% crit build.

I don't see how that's supposed to make a difference if I'm honest.

First it definitely works, even the wiki agrees with you.

Then it only works if you have a 2x combo multiplier.

Now you're implying that it somehow works if you have over 100% crit by default.

It's... reaching levels of utter patheticness, it really is. What next, it works if you do a handstand whilst humming the Imperial March and praying to your lord and saviour Anakin Starbubble? Please.

On the off chance that you are correct, I checked. I got my weapon up to 100% crit chance and used Arcane Avenger for an additional controllable 30% crit chance. Besides the occasional orange crit, nothing else changed. The combo counter didn't magically start taking affect, the Gladiator set didn't suddenly remember it's supposed to work.

You're wrong, accept it or don't, but stop making things up. It's... really sad.

• Like 2

Just now, DeMonkey said:

I don't see how that's supposed to make a difference if I'm honest.

First it definitely works, even the wiki agrees with you.

Then it only works if you have a 2x combo multiplier.

Now you're implying that it somehow works if you have over 100% crit by default.

It's... reaching levels of utter patheticness, it really is. What next, it works if you do a handstand whilst humming the Imperial March and praying to your lord and saviour Anakin Starbubble? Please.

On the off chance that you are correct, I checked. I got my weapon up to 100% crit chance and used Arcane Avenger for an additional controllable 30% crit chance. Besides the occasional orange crit, nothing else changed. The combo counter didn't magically start taking affect, the Gladiator set didn't suddenly remember it's supposed to work.

You're wrong, accept it or don't, but stop making things up. It's... really sad.

Im goin to test it, and post it. Im not making things up. Ive had a tremendous amount of respect for you, always own up when im wrong. If im wrong here, ill accept it... So back off.

50 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I guess we shall see.

Can anyone else on console validate anything that's been said, by either party?

154 damage on Crit without combo multiplier

154 damage on Crit with 2x combo multiplier.

40% strength

Desert Storm mods: Heavy Trauma, Collision Force, Organ Shatter, True Steel, Berserker, PPP, Drifting Contact, Vicious frost.

Disclaimer: the above build is not my go to build for Desert Storm so do not claim that I don’t know how to build them as this was just a build to prevent any form of debuff from interfering with the results.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I guess we shall see.

Can anyone else on console validate anything that's been said, by either party?

I wasn't implying that a 100% crit build made it work. Combo counter does effect it... Though it usnt consistent. Which tells me either its unintented... Or a bug.

Check out @JasonCharlton’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/JasonCharlton/status/1096101814821359618?s=09

Or

http://evil-jak.tumblr.com/post/182807068252/baruuk-waves-effected-by-combo-multiplier

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

9 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I wasn't implying that a 100% crit build made it work. Combo counter does effect it... Though it usnt consistent. Which tells me either its unintented... Or a bug.

Check out @JasonCharlton’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/JasonCharlton/status/1096101814821359618?s=09

Could you point out which enemy in particular you're referring to?

Because I just watched a Baruuk hit a Bombard consistently for 111 damage, no change regardless of the combo counter.

• Like 1

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Could you point out which enemy in particular you're referring to?

Because I just watched a Baruuk hit a Bombard consistently for 111 damage, no change regardless of the combo counter.

Yes, and yet an adjacent bombard was getting 89, 89, 89, then 111, 111, 117... Sane with the gunners. Some were consistently staying st the same number... Sum were multiplying, and im not talking about the crit upgrades. So either this is a bug, or its unintented. Which means its a bug. So basically, Baruuk needs some bug fixes... And either the wave is or isn't effected. We need a clear yes or no.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Yes, and yet an adjacent bombard was getting 89, 89, 89, then 111, 111, 117... Sane with the gunners. Some were consistently staying st the same number... Sum were multiplying, and im not talking about the crit upgrades. So either this is a bug, or its unintented. Which means its a bug. So basically, Baruuk needs some bug fixes... And either the wave is or isn't effected. We need a clear yes or no.

I saw 69, not 89. And that can be explained by condition overload. 69*1.6 = 110.4, which due to some rounding is appearing as 111.

Even still 89 to 111 is an increase of about 39%, the combo multiplier would increase it by 50%.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

This is why my test was done without condition overload, shattering impact, or a status type that deals damage over time or debuff enemy armor or shields. It skews the results making it look like the damage is being increased by the combo multiplier but it’s just the mods like condition overload buffing the damage or corrosive and shattering impact reducing enemy DR. Even my first test I forgot I had shattering impact on and the damage was going up 154, 155, 155, 157. It stayed at 154 when I removed shattering impact.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

This is why my test was done without condition overload, shattering impact, or a status type that deals damage over time or debuff enemy armor or shields. It skews the results making it look like the damage is being increased by the combo multiplier but it’s just the mods like condition overload buffing the damage or corrosive and shattering impact reducing enemy DR. Even my first test I forgot I had shattering impact on and the damage was going up 154, 155, 155, 157. It stayed at 154 when I removed shattering impact.

Its inconsistent and inconclusive. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Sometimes it works

You haven't shown this.

Can you provide timestamps of an enemy taking x damage, taking x*1.5 damage at 1.5x combo and x*2 damage at 2x combo?

It seems very consistent in it's "not working" state.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

You haven't shown this.

Can you provide timestamps of an enemy taking x damage, taking x*1.5 damage at 1.5x combo and x*2 damage at 2x combo?

It seems very consistent in it's "not working" state.

You have eyes correct? You can see the inconsistency. However, feel free to continue to troll me to your hearts content.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

You have eyes correct? You can see the inconsistency. However, feel free to continue to troll me to your hearts content.

The video you showed literally shows the use of condition overload and gas damage. 1 proc immediately makes any conclusions you make invalid. Because be it gas or impact procs it increases the damage due to condition overload. Try my build and you’ll find the combo multiplier does not effect the waves.

You said if you’re proven wrong you’ll admit it but you’re claiming invalid evidence as your source for being right. And that’s wrong.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

11 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

You have eyes correct?

Of course, although I'm starting to question the functionality of yours.

You can see the inconsistency.

I can see Condition Overload working very consistently in that video.

However, feel free to continue to troll me to your hearts content.

Yes, I got this last time as well. Heaven forbid you might be wrong again, much easier to just call me a troll.

• Like 2