Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Eudico Vox?

(PSN)ArnoVictorAC1

Question

After doing the Vox Solaris quest, my brain was blown to bits, when obtaining Amarast for the Coolant Tower we hear Biz say: "Amarast? Do you not understand? Nothing you do will make Nef kind, when you rise up people get hurt! But if we let that fear divide us it will only become something worse, back there, I SAW A EUDICO I HAVENT SEEN IN A LONG TIME, FORTUNA NEEDS THAT EUDICO BACK, WE NEED VOX." See? The way Biz says it, it makes it sound like Eudico was Vox Solaris (Leader of Solaris United), but then later we see a figure that has a anonymous mask like-face, it looks similar to Nef Anyo's face, and its name is Vox Solaris, but Nef Anyo states "I know that voice, I killed, that voice." And **only read on if you have reached Old Mate rank, spoilers** you will know Eudicos chest plate opens up, revealing her human face, which looks nothing like the "Vox Solaris" named face we saw, in the Baruuk Fortuna update, in the backroom of Fortuna we also see a group/syndicate named Vox Solaris, I just want this cleared up, is Eudico Vox Solaris? If not please explain.

18 answers to this question

On 2019-02-12 at 12:15 AM, Kontrollo said:

That Vox Solaris face is just a mask. The whole thing is probably inspired by this one:

Reveal hidden contents

gP6VXP3.jpg

At least that's the impression I had. It felt like a nod to that.

Edit: After a quick search for a playthrough video of the quest, compare yourself.

Also uh, forgot to ask one thing, what was up with the mask, like who was behind it, why did it appear etc?

3 hours ago, (PS4)ArnoVictorAC1 said:

Also uh, forgot to ask one thing, what was up with the mask, like who was behind it, why did it appear etc?

Eudico is behind it, so she wouldn't be reconised by Nef. And well, you did just detonate that K-Bomb in their face.

19 hours ago, NinthAria said:

Vox is a persona that Eudico uses to say things without breaking her cover as one of Nef's deck bosses. The mask and voice alteration are both tools to that effect.

Ohh, but like when she uses voice alteration, Nef states : I know that voice, I killed that voice, making it seem like that was her original voice, and I believe Eudico is her persona to hide the fact she is Vox, but now she's switching, using Vox as a persona, so is Eudicos rig voice not her actual voice?

I wish the quest made things more clear.

Edited by (PS4)ArnoVictorAC1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnoVictorAC1 said:

Ohh, but like when she uses voice alteration, Nef states : I know that voice, I killed that voice, making it seem like that was her original voice, and I believe Eudico is her persona to hide the fact she is Vox, but now she's switching, using Vox as a persona, so is Eudicos rig voice not her actual voice?

I wish the quest made things more clear.

Nef probably knows the voice from the last time Solaris United was active, and, by extension, the last time Eudico used the Vox persona. His vexation presumably comes from thinking he'd killed Vox years ago when Solaris United was first disbanded. Eudico's normal voice is...well, just her normal voice; Nef has no compelling reason to remember it, let alone be upset by it, because in his eyes Eudico's just one of many unassuming deck bosses. "Vox," on the other hand, caused him no end of trouble, and thus his resurgence causes Nef a great deal of stress.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NinthAria said:

Nef probably knows the voice from the last time Solaris United was active, and, by extension, the last time Eudico used the Vox persona. His vexation presumably comes from thinking he'd killed Vox years ago when Solaris United was first disbanded. Eudico's normal voice is...well, just her normal voice; Nef has no compelling reason to remember it, let alone be upset by it, because in his eyes Eudico's just one of many unassuming deck bosses. "Vox," on the other hand, caused him no end of trouble, and thus his resurgence causes Nef a great deal of stress.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Thank you alot! It did clear up everything.