Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Couple of questions from a newbie

Bryusbad890

Question

Ok so I have gotten to mastery rank 1 and I'm using Excalibur I've been in the game for a little under 2 hours total and need some advice I have completed Vor's prize and venus junction, now I'm lost I have no clue where to go or what to do. I'd like to join a decent clan that will help a newbie learn the game, also I'd like to get any other tips, tricks, hints, etc. about what to do next I have no prior experience with this game. Thanks

7 answers to this question

Welcome to wf forum n community :) .Answer is, do the venus junction . Keep Opening more planets n missions all time n if u need help ask in recruit chat. u can ask for a clan there to. Im on ps here sadly would send u key to our clan n help u start on ur game correctly . But definitely ask for help in recruit chat u will get 1 for sure n u will get in a clan at the end to. Hope i did help n if u have any question about game or need help anytime u can always ask in forum n u will get an answer :)  

If you are looking for “concrete” progression through the game then start working through the planets and doing the blue nodes. As you move through the planets you will open up quests that are both “main story line” and optional quests. These quests offer blueprints for warframe as well as blueprints and items to enhance your gear and warframes

The other progression in this game is crafting warframes, weapons and other gear and leveling them to lvl30 to increase your mastery rank

Junctions,  Junctions,  Junctions. 

Thats the best thing you should be focusing on... unlock as many planet as you can so you can have access to anything you might need... especially Mods.

Get Rhino as soon as you can. His blue prints are dropped by The Jackal... from there the only thing thats going to kill you is not having energy...

Well, your main objectives should be: 1. Getting Frames 2. Doing Junctions/Getting Planets 3. Mastery Rank-ups, and more, let me give you some tips; You will see some nodes (nodes are missions) that have a flashing blue diamond shape, and other will be a smaller white diamond shape, the ones you have done will be the smaller white ones, you want to do the blue ones, of course feel free to do the whites over again, the blue ones will grant you more Affinity, affinity is used to rank up weapons/frames, Weapon rank ups give 100 mastery per rank up, frame rank ups give 200, by Rank 30 (max rank) on a weapon, you will have gained 3,000 mastery points, by Rank 30 on a frame, you will gain 6,000 MR (mastery) points. To get frames, you must defeat bosses or do a quest, each frame has a way to be acquired, once you have defeated a boss, he will drop either a Chassis, Systems, or Neuroptics for a frame, you will need all of those, The Void does not have a actual boss that drops a frame, Mercury has a boss, but it drops no frame, instead it drops weapons. (Btw after reading this I'm sure you know its key to getting more weapons/frames, and remember, Warframe is a personal preference game. The first frame I suggest getting is Rhino, he is the typical "Heavy Class" kinda frame, and no there are no classes in Warframes, for frames atleast, Rhino is obtained in the Fossa node on Venus, by killing the Jackal, you will have to replay this mission to get all the parts, sometimes you may get duplicates, finally when you have all the parts, go to the market and type "Rhino" the frame should appear, select it, and buy THE BLUEPRINT FOR CREDITS, do not spend plat click "Purchase Blueprint" not "Purchase" also, I highly suggest you get Excal to Rank 15 so his abilities are unlocked, search up the controls for abilities on PC, idk them, I'm a PS4 guy, once you learn the controls and have unlocked his abilities, I suggest casting (using a ability) his Exalted Blade, its a melee, and extremely powerful. To mod, go to your arsenal and click upgrade, then the mods you have obtained will appear, Mods and Item Rank ups and Resources are gained through gameplay, so just enjoy yourself, have fun. Back on mods, you can add mods to your weapon and increase stats, such as Impact (which is good at destroying Corpus shields) Slash which procs (causes) bleed which causes health drain and Puncture which is great at destroying Grineer shields and Corpus robotics, but suffers against Corpus Shields, there are other stats, such as status chance, if you add a mod to add heat effect, your status chance might proc it and cause the enemies to light, same for cold/freezing them. There are also many damage types you can CREATE, like Corrosive, Viral, Radiation (Radiation is Heat+Electricty) lastly, in your Mods section of the ship, you can upgrade mods with Endo and credits, Endo is obtained in many ways, you can search that up, you can also melt mods into Endo (good if you have duplicates of one mod) Now onto Platinum, sometimes referred to as P or Plat,it is only obtainable through a Twitch Prime bundle, (THAT YOU CAN GET RN!), buying it with real money, or trading prime parts. Finally I cannot stress this enough, DO NOT SPEND YOUR STARTER PLAT, you will need it to purchase slots for warframes and weapons! Do not spend it on nothing, also, go to your Orbiter and head to the market, type Valentine in, buy the Valentine pallete, its on sale for 1 credit!! To obtain prime parts, such as a Prime form of a weapon or warframe (usually looking golden n white but changeable colors, and better mod polarities, which if your mod has the same symbol will grant you less capacity drain. I highly suggest searching up a modding tutorial.) to get Prime Parts or P Parts, you will need to obtain Relics, gainable through many missions and bounties, And do missions called void fissures to open them, then you can collect a reward, I'm not able to say it all, **search up a modding tutorial**, Play lots of quests, and have fun. Damn this took a long time to right.

10 hours ago, Bryusbad890 said:

Ok so I have gotten to mastery rank 1 and I'm using Excalibur I've been in the game for a little under 2 hours total and need some advice I have completed Vor's prize and venus junction, now I'm lost I have no clue where to go or what to do. I'd like to join a decent clan that will help a newbie learn the game, also I'd like to get any other tips, tricks, hints, etc. about what to do next I have no prior experience with this game. Thanks

Shoot me a invite in game and I'll send you a clan invite 

12 hours ago, Bryusbad890 said:

it would be my pleasure to guide you through your Warframe experience. my clan is very nice, send me a friend request my ign is AirMaskNinja

Edited by AirMaskNinja