The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Independent Behavior for all Warframes

Kitsushadow

I loved the fact that Excal Umbra was capable of acting independently when in Operator mode. I've always seen the Frames as people the Operator has to take care of, and when I saw that being reflected in how Umbra behaved, it felt like a vindication of the headcanon.

That said, I'd love if there was a way to "unlock" the independent behavior of the other frames. Even if some of them are twitchy or difficult to deal with, I'd rather have a liset full of independent warframes to interact with than a giant empty ship that screams loneliness. The operator needs some friends. It's high time they got some. 🙂

As much as I would love to have frames walking around the ship, the truth is that non-prime frames are just globs of biomass inside a (war)frame. Prime frames may be different however, as per the Mirage Prime trailer:

"Oh, how you suffered to become this beast. Yet you laughed at me. Others writhed and raged in the vice, but you, you played the fool. And so it was, that you distorted my design.

A sanguine trick. A murderous comedy. But no one is laughing anymore... except you.

The mere vapors of your life, shimmering still. Mirage." - Ballas

This seems to imply to me that Prime frames were created in a similar way to Umbra, and thereby might be more than just shells as well.

3 hours ago, Sitchrea said:

Umbra is special in that he is more than just a shell. What happened during the Second Dream was such an incredible anomaly that it made Hunhow himself say, "What is this?" 

It was either ;

Operator's first step to use transference without throne or touching the frame

or

Frame's survival instinct / defense protocol to protect operator , no matter the cost.

Edited by Aeon94