Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

oculysts not spawning?

Hypermega

Question

Iv been trying to get war pieces by doing lua but about 1 in 10 times the lotus warns me of sentient scouts they will actually appear. iv even been waiting in spawn for the screen flash and the rushing all over to find them, using nuke frames like mag and saryn to aggro them and even trying to see them through the geometry with  scanner. nothing! this is happening in public attempts where all fan out but dont find them as well. right now there is only one starting tile that consistently spawns them if i just wait for the screen flash so im actually wondering if there's a bug or they are spawning outside the geometry. 

Also if anyone knows anything i don't about the behaviour or spawn patterns of these utterly useless "scouts" id appreciate it because honestly, 0.25% drop chance for the war pieces i need! -_-  and yes iv used google there isnt all that much info on them i could find.

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

i hear the lotus text -> run forward -> see tha scouts -> i shoot them to trigger them -> ~4 sentient spawn -> i kill them
never had a problem with them. they always spawned

don't know what to tell you. accept i most assuredly don't see the scouts. i cant aggro them with nukers, i cant see them with my scanners and i am ransacking the tiles searching for them.. nothing! unless i get the spawn point with the collapsing cliffside. i usually get them then.

71f5e01503.jpg

Indeed, solo runs for me on the crossfire extermination map have been pretty spotty for months as to whether I'm able to get sentients to appear despite the warning. I do barge ahead ignoring all the other mobs to make sure I don't miss them, but no dice most of the time. Have had multiple cleanups over many updates since it started happening.

9 hours ago, (PS4)deadbeef001 said:

Its bugged for sure. Had a riven and these suckers didn't spawn at all although all the warnings and indicators were there. 

Long time ago had no issue with sentient spawns but nowadays do.

For the riven challenge you can just kill vomvalysts in the plains at night.