Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove archwing missions....

(NSW)revfunk

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Shilvio said:

It seems like you're saying that the engineering of the tilesets was not something Digital Extremes artists and design teams worked on.

I am suggesting that the setup of the missions and the tools we have available make some parts of the archwing missions unapproachable. Walls are a strange obstacle when you're not given good tools to maneuver them with. Imagine having long hallways and tall ledges and not having the parkour skills: Bullet-jumping, scaling walls, wall-latching. Those are tools that help the gamer enjoy the tileset and play within them.

Corridor archwing missions don't quite make sense given the tools we have available.

@(PS4)Taishin_Ishu

No, what I'm saying is that lore-wise these halls and ships were not designed to specifically be "parkour-friendly".  They were not designed, in LORE, to provide a silent ninjawing with the ability to easily navigate them.

They're SUPPOSED to feel organic, in-our-way, an obstacle to overcome with skill and practice and great gear!  And you CAN!  I've put in the time and can easily navigate MOST maps with AW no problem.  And I'm awful.  Just takes time and practice like anything else in this game.

As for the drifting mechanic and needing to use counter-momentum, it's just how space physics works.  You drift...alot.  

Honestly, I DON'T want a Sonic The Hedgehog level where everything is laid out specifically to help me win.  I want a CHALLENGE, I want something to OVERCOME!  Warframe doesn't hold the players' hand, and that's one of its best features.

Edited by (PS4)Taishin_Ishu

Archwing has it’s faults, ill agree to that.  However, getting rid of it means dumping a lot of stuff that’s fairly integral, and soon to be improved, in the game.  I think we need motivate to go in archwing missions, that doesn’t include the exact same five missions.  More variety would be nice.  Right now it’s only good for two types of farming which is a little disappointing.  If it had more motivation that’d be nice.   Also, making it an important part of missions.  We are getting a major improvement in this area, this year.  I’d like more instances to occur in game outside of new content though, i.e. having your mission paused due to hull breach, you get out on archwing do a small mission, and return to your previous mission.   Just getting rid of it would be an epic mistake. Improving it in ways that are meaningful, fun, and varied are a far better solution.  

I for one do not really like the archwing missions, but I would rather see rework on them instead just cutting them out.

What I need should have higher priority is fixing underwater missions, I seem to be way too skilled in getting stuck on those so badly I just need to alt-f4 the game and reload to get unstuck...

On 2019-03-12 at 10:50 AM, (NSW)Shilvio said:

The pursuit mission is near impossible on NSwitch due to targets being tiny. Again, it's a good idea, but it was not translated well.

Well, it is the worst mission in PC as well. ALL archwing missions are sucks but it is even worse.

Anyway, only place allowed archwing is on the plain and vally. Othet than that, well, it is better to remove it entirely.

8 hours ago, peikotus said:

I for one do not really like the archwing missions, but I would rather see rework on them instead just cutting them out.

What I need should have higher priority is fixing underwater missions, I seem to be way too skilled in getting stuck on those so badly I just need to alt-f4 the game and reload to get unstuck...

Likewise. Despite my struggles with completing the Rush and Pursuit missions (on console, I've never even seen the cargo ships; I assume they are there through blind faith, and lucked into a PUG with someone who could fly the damn thing), I can see the potential that Archwing has. It's a very cool idea, half-implemented. There's a lot of large and small things that it needs to really shine, but I think it could really shine.

I guess - if I had to stake out a position - it would be, "If you are not going to substantially overhaul Archwing, then give everyone the total MR of all the Archwing stuff, and then remove it from the game. If on the other hand, you're going to really invest, then by all means, give us more."

Edited by Ham_Grenabe