The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Was The Last Time You Walked Through A Mission?

Humongous_Koi

This game becomes a very different experience when you don't zip through the mission through sprinting or spin-kicking through the air. Instead of me jumping into a crowd of ~20 Grineer and pressing 4, I use cover and deliberate movements to take them down, and it's like playing a TPS with neat weapons and satisfying gun kills. Moving slowly helps you appreciate the level design that the designers worked so hard for, like the Jackal in the Grineer ship and the Cryopod being stuffed into a crate in a Corpus hangar.

The super-speed players tend to play just to farm for materials and earn more things instead of actually playing the game and having fun with the enemies, or they just find satisfaction in easily killing mobs of enemies with a single button press.

It's pretty tough to explain, but try to go through a level without pressing shift and tell me how it's like

I'd settle for them cutting the size of levels in half in exchange for this stamina nerf, so that the overall completion speed is about the same. Or at least, get rid of those awful vertical cells that screw with the mini-map objective.

Hey, I can dream, right?

It is fast paced, but the sprinters and flying twirling guys make this game feel too fast

There are better ways to convince people to take levels a little slower. You should never try to 'fix' a gameplay style. You just encourage the sort of gameplay you want to see with better rewards. If people felt it was actually worthwhile to take their time in missions they probably would, people want to do what gets them the most stuff. 

It is fast paced, but the sprinters and flying twirling guys make this game feel too fast

For you. I cannot even play Phobos now. The place was already so gigantically large that I couldn't play more than 1 mission a week, but now I go through 2-3 rooms and say NOPE, DONE, and turn off the game to do something else. Even when I play some of my favorite tile-sets, I feel bored and unsatisfied, where just yesterday playing was exhilarating.

And you forget the worst victims here. How can you do Void puzzle rooms now without Nova/Loki? How do you complete Rank 8+ mastery tests? How do I use melee when two swings = asthmatic attack?

Only time I wanna take it slow is when I'm trying to be completely stealthy (which I do solo cuz everyone and their mothers bum rush the first enemy they see when they join).

Otherwise taken it slow is just asking for your &#! to get shot up from enemies spawning in the room behind you that you just cleared and deciding that your &#! makes an amazing bullseye.

Put on stamina mods.

Problem solved.

The game is easy, you dont need to load every stat mod in the world.

I havent use shield mods in a looooooong time.

This is a run-and-gun game so run-and-gun.

The only time you need shield or vitality mods are for frames with low stats in those fields or running super high content where one hit takes you down.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Currently, my Warframe experience is pretty hilarious (in a negative way). I ran MPrime a few time with some PUG teams and there's usually one Rank 0 Excal while the rest of the party are Rank 5 and up with Acrids and Flux Rifles and Dethcubes, slowly walking around hitting containers and opening lockers. Pretty anti-climatic way to farm for Nav coordinates.

For you. I cannot even play Phobos now. The place was already so gigantically large that I couldn't play more than 1 mission a week, but now I go through 2-3 rooms and say NOPE, DONE, and turn off the game to do something else. Even when I play some of my favorite tile-sets, I feel bored and unsatisfied, where just yesterday playing was exhilarating.

And you forget the worst victims here. How can you do Void puzzle rooms now without Nova/Loki? How do you complete Rank 8+ mastery tests? How do I use melee when two swings = asthmatic attack?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't sprint, it just bugs me that people often sprint forward and leave you in the dust. I sometimes sprint through levels when there's decent rewards, but I'm only asking is the opinion of the people on walking through a level, not to change the game

Edited by Kunchoi

I honestly want to see more speed buffs like they did with the crawlers. That actually added some excitement to the game big time. I see it like this infested become insanely fast, grineer start using more tenno like abilities, corpus do more nightmare mode like things turn off gravity blast windows or set fire to the room you get the idea.