Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Still Is Underwelming.

(XBOX)TheMadCash

As great as Chroma Prime looks. His abilities are still lackluster and are in need of dying improvements. Mainly his Spectral Scream and 1 additional improvement to his Elemental Ward. So first thing first. His passive isn’t a passive. This is just like Khora when her passive was Venari also runs with her & that’s it. Now Khora passive received additional bonuses because before it didn’t really provide bonus. It just told the obvious.

Chroma should get the same treatment. As for his Spectral Scream. As cool as the ability is. IT DOES NOTHING. IT OFFERS NOTHING. Even the status chance on it is locked at 60%. Why in the world is that? Your breathing a element onto a foe & the time between dmg numbers are slow so that combo’d with a 60% status chance really makes the ability do no sort of dmg

With Chroma being a dragon. I feel like most of his kit & synergy should focus more on what Dragons do & that is breathe fire or in Chroma’s case a certain element. Below are what I think could benefit Chroma without making him powerful

Spectral Scream

-Take away the Status Chance lock & Give it a increased fire rate.

-Atleast 175% power strength is required to achieve 100% status chance

-Bump up the base dmg just a tiny bit

Elemental Ward

-Upon activating Elemental Ward. All enemies within range gets proc’d with the element your using. 

-Bump the starting status chance to 30%

Passive

Gains proc resist on chosen element. 

Or

Increased dmg & firerate on Spectral Scream when you get hit with chosen element.  

Open to feedback.

• Like 1

I really wish devs would listen and change his passive to something else other than pick a color for an element.
You can search chroma's name and you'll find dozens of threads asking for the same thing - a chroma rework where his 1 and 4 isn't S#&$
Why must we have to sacrifice (albeit an arguably small sacrifice) our preferred color scheme just to use a particular element? It sounds good on paper but in reality it's not a very intuitive passive ability.

Chroma is the Master of Elements but in reality it's only really one. Half of your skills don't even use your element and one of them is just terrible. Chroma should be able to swap his elements on the fly, just like how Vauban is able to swap through his traps on the fly.

If Chroma didn't get a strong EHP and Damage buff, he would be right there with Wukong as one of the most boring warframes where you only really have 1 ability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeezeNutsX said:

I really wish devs would listen and change his passive to something else other than pick a color for an element.
You can search chroma's name and you'll find dozens of threads asking for the same thing - a chroma rework where his 1 and 4 isn't S#&$
Why must we have to sacrifice (albeit an arguably small sacrifice) our preferred color scheme just to use a particular element? It sounds good on paper but in reality it's not a very intuitive passive ability.

Chroma is the Master of Elements but in reality it's only really one. Half of your skills don't even use your element and one of them is just terrible. Chroma should be able to swap his elements on the fly, just like how Vauban is able to swap through his traps on the fly.

If Chroma didn't get a strong EHP and Damage buff, he would be right there with Wukong as one of the most boring warframes where you only really have 1 ability.

Yeah it kinda sucks that he isn’t currently being looked at & the only “buff” his scream got was it gets a dmg buff depending on how big your vex armor gotten when taking health dmg. Which isn’t bad when I was testing in the simulacrum with at least 230% - 240% power strength. But only elements that shines in dmg output against lvl 100 enemies was Eletricity & Toxin against corpus & heat but only against regular chargers. If of course Vex armor was maxed out. Against other factions. Not so much. 

On 2019-03-01 at 5:49 PM, Sc1nderS said:

I commented on another forum about what I'd do to Chroma, and I've also started a few based on this concept.  I like your ideas, but I like mine better, and would like your feedback on which you think is best.

Rundown:

Spectral Scream - make it an exaulted weapon that does a lot of damage, lasts 2 seconds, a 5m range increase, and a long cooldown.  Note that this would allow for elemental combos. 

New Ability: Elemental Storm - Similar to your concept for elemental ward, but works like this: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Blast_(Ruk), knocks enemies back 8ish meters, and does elemental damage.

Vex Armor: Same ability, accept it also taunts enemies into attacking Chroma or his effigy if it is deployed. It also reflects melee and ranged attacks as elemental damage with a 100% status chance.

Effigy: While active, spectral scream becomes an ability used to issue commands (move/attack by marking enemies and ground), and uses the current loadout of spectral scream for its attacks.  Also, no energy cost, but it's health will regenerate while inactive, and it will behave like a specter. 

Passive:

Chroma can change elements by holding ability 1. 

Buffs gained while different elements are active: 

Ice: armor

Fire: max health

Toxin: health regen

Electricity: holster, reload, sprint, and attack speed.

Element determines ability damage type

I like your ideas too. I also just thought of an augment that could possibly be better than the one we currently have regarding Spectral Scream. My idea of an augment is Chroma gains a combo element on his Spectral Scream.

Electricity = Magnetic

Fire = Radiation

Cold = Blast

Toxin = Gas

Chroma could be better with more synergy, but does he really need it?  Dude can solo eidolons and orbs in under 2 minutes.  He really doesn't "need" to be more powerful, it would just be nice.  Honestly I'd rather the devs focus on frames that are trash like vauban and monkey boy so they are viable past the starchart before we working on shining an already functional warframe that is BiS.

I mean, I like the idea of improving him, but my expectation is DE will continue to ignore and nerf him into the ground based on how they treat other non dev fav frames like trinity who gets nerfed every tuesday.

9 hours ago, DeezeNutsX said:

i would recommend using vauban as an example. since he is in the need of a rework since he is less used. and to be honest i don't want to play vauban because his abilities seem convoluted because of this swap mechanic. 

and i have always been a bit skeptical about elemental swap ability since it is can so easily mess up the kit by being stuck on as a hold this mechanic since my example of a terrible hold button to use this is the current way to access the charge melee. we could end up accidentally be wasting energy by just holding the ability to fiddle with the dang elemental selection. plus his buff would need to remain simplified since we would the ability  to access all of his elements. 

sure if it can be done well and easy i wont have anything to complain about but i will be always uneasy with an elemental swap mechanic. especial if there is some people making suggestions like removing spectral scream which is frankly the only dang thing that links him to as a dragon themed frame and i don't care if the dang pelt can do it because i actually want to do the rampage like a dragon part not a nailed to the ground pelt turret. anyways i tend to have time periods i show so much anger over effigy i tend to want to see it removed and give it to vauban. why does a dragon themed frame need a turret when the turret is best fit with a gadget themed frame.

Edited by maddragonmaster

1 minute ago, Sc1nderS said:

Interesting, but in regards to my concept, I made spectral scream an exalted weapon, which would allow for elemental combos anyway.  Perhaps it could apply to his 2 and 3 instead? 

heck we are getting a second energy color thing right? so why not give chroma the ability to.... wait a second hang on hang on. what if when or if DE adds this two tone dual energy color mechanic if it allows us to either choose dual elements or allow which energy color chooses the element of the ability? like for example choose yellow for main color and choose a green tint or choose green for main color and yellow for tint and have green fire and what not. and then have dual elements as a possible better augment that  effects all or the majority of his abilities?

• Like 1

hace 1 minuto, maddragonmaster dijo:

heck we are getting a second energy color thing right? so why not give chroma the ability to.... wait a second hang on hang on. what if when or if DE adds this two tone dual energy color mechanic if it allows us to either choose dual elements or allow which energy color chooses the element of the ability? like for example choose yellow for main color and choose a green tint or choose green for main color and yellow for tint and have green fire and what not. and then have dual elements as a possible better augment that  effects all or the majority of his abilities?

I just want a gas chroma that makes farting sounds tbh

On 2019-03-05 at 4:45 AM, Klokwerkaos said:

Chroma could be better with more synergy, but does he really need it?  Dude can solo eidolons and orbs in under 2 minutes.  He really doesn't "need" to be more powerful, it would just be nice.  Honestly I'd rather the devs focus on frames that are trash like vauban and monkey boy so they are viable past the starchart before we working on shining an already functional warframe that is BiS.

I mean, I like the idea of improving him, but my expectation is DE will continue to ignore and nerf him into the ground based on how they treat other non dev fav frames like trinity who gets nerfed every tuesday.

You are missing the point here. This isn't about making Chroma any stronger, he is already viable. The point is to make his gameplay INTERACTIVE and FUN (((I know, fun is SUBJECTIVE here))). If I take Vauban and buff his abilities by 2x, does that make him any more interactive and entertaining to use than he is now? His 1 is still trash, his traps are near useless, his 3 would still do the same thing. Maybe his 4 would be used as an AoE attack if it provided some actual damage but the point remains. His gameplay is boring, same as Wukong.

Only thing Chroma has going for him is his 3 that allows him to deal a lot of damage and gain a lot of armor. His 1 is pointless, his 2 gets elemental locked, his 4? lol 
Chroma would be much more fun if he obtained actual synergy with his abilities and wasn't locked to one element. His passive needs to go away, hopefully he gets a dynamic effect based on his current element instead of just picking one as a color

On 2019-03-05 at 11:51 AM, maddragonmaster said:

i would recommend using vauban as an example. since he is in the need of a rework since he is less used. and to be honest i don't want to play vauban because his abilities seem convoluted because of this swap mechanic. 

and i have always been a bit skeptical about elemental swap ability since it is can so easily mess up the kit by being stuck on as a hold this mechanic since my example of a terrible hold button to use this is the current way to access the charge melee. we could end up accidentally be wasting energy by just holding the ability to fiddle with the dang elemental selection. plus his buff would need to remain simplified since we would the ability  to access all of his elements. 

sure if it can be done well and easy i wont have anything to complain about but i will be always uneasy with an elemental swap mechanic. especial if there is some people making suggestions like removing spectral scream which is frankly the only dang thing that links him to as a dragon themed frame and i don't care if the dang pelt can do it because i actually want to do the rampage like a dragon part not a nailed to the ground pelt turret. anyways i tend to have time periods i show so much anger over effigy i tend to want to see it removed and give it to vauban. why does a dragon themed frame need a turret when the turret is best fit with a gadget themed frame.

I find it funny you mention this because I always thought the same, why the hell is he a dragon themed Warframe and he loses a part of himself and THAT thing gets wings but not us?
Shouldn't we be the ones growing wings and doing dragon S#&$? His 4 would be a lot way cooler if it was actually a buff on the player (and not an armor debuff) that gives him wings and incorporates that into a gameplay mechanic instead of just being a S#&$ty turret. I understand his 1 is his "dragon breath" but it isn't cutting it. It would be cool if it was replaced with another dragon themed ability

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DeezeNutsX said:

You are missing the point here. This isn't about making Chroma any stronger, he is already viable. The point is to make his gameplay INTERACTIVE and FUN (((I know, fun is SUBJECTIVE here))). If I take Vauban and buff his abilities by 2x, does that make him any more interactive and entertaining to use than he is now? His 1 is still trash, his traps are near useless, his 3 would still do the same thing. Maybe his 4 would be used as an AoE attack if it provided some actual damage but the point remains. His gameplay is boring, same as Wukong.

Only thing Chroma has going for him is his 3 that allows him to deal a lot of damage and gain a lot of armor. His 1 is pointless, his 2 gets elemental locked, his 4? lol 
Chroma would be much more fun if he obtained actual synergy with his abilities and wasn't locked to one element. His passive needs to go away, hopefully he gets a dynamic effect based on his current element instead of just picking one as a color

I get what you're saying.  The problem is priorities.  Chroma is down the priority list because he is functional and best in slot.  Other frames suck and aren't fun and need attention asap just to be viable, because they are trash tier.  Chroma is already A tier.

9 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

I get what you're saying.  The problem is priorities.  Chroma is down the priority list because he is functional and best in slot.  Other frames suck and aren't fun and need attention asap just to be viable, because they are trash tier.  Chroma is already A tier.

I agree with this sentiment except there's one problem, they did try to make changes to chroma but instead those ended up being a bandaid to the problem instead of actually addressing it what caused it. They made your 1 cast-able while movable and (((fixed))) a calculation with Vex armor that still isn't fixed.

Vauban and Wukong need to get fixed but they keep putting it off for newer frames instead 

4 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I tried to find a way to to use all the combo’d elements but 2 of them would have to cut I’m afraid. Unless you have a better idea. I couldn’t think of any.

viral and corrosive would be more useful then gas. as gas is basically an aoe version of toxic.

so he doesn't really need gas since his breaths already an aoe.

Edited by hazerddex