Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave QoL improvement proposal.

(PSN)robotwars7

the Community seems quite divided on Nightwave: on one hand it is proving a far more reliable way to access Nitain and alt helms without worrying about staring at apps or being in the right place at the right time, but on the other, many people are seeing this as yet another massive reputation grind that pushes them into missions they find tedious. personally I am quite enjoying Nightwave, but I do feel there is some room for improvement. I believe one way to make more people enjoy Nightwave would be to make Wolf Creds more available, as players will be more likely to see the benefits of the Wolf Cred system if they actually have some in their hand. to this end, I propose the following (note that numbers can be adjusted for balancing purposes)

- Fugitives should drop wolf credits. in the Warframe universe, they are escaped grineer convicts and loyalists of the Wolf of Saturn Six, making them both armed and highly dangerous, right? so it would only make sense that Nora would be willing to throw some extra incentive to catch them. the standing is great, but I believe that having them drop say 2 or 3 credits each, allowing for an extra 6-9 credits to appear for players would allow them to purchase items sooner and convince them that Wolf Creds really aren't so bad. rare items like Catalysts still cost 75 Wolf Creds, so while it would be possible to do nothing but catch fugitives, it would still be far more efficient to focus on the objectives.

- which brings me to my next point: the Objectives could be tweaked slightly. I believe the Ayatan thing was already mentioned, but people are also getting mixed messages in regards to the 60 min survivals; some like them, but many feel they are too long and tedious. I think a more ideal compromise here would be to reduce the time down to 30 mins. this is the same length of time that was required in the Weekend Wars, which wasn't too taxing on most casual players while still allowing others to enjoy fighting for longer than they normally would.

- Wolf Beacons would also be a good idea IMO; encounters with him will get more common, as we know, but RNG is not always going to be kind. to this end I propose adding in a Wolf Cred sink (outside of the ornaments) in the form of Assassin Beacons. for a reasonable price, around 20-25 wolf credits for argument's sake, the player could purchase a beacon which when deployed, summons the Wolf of Saturn Six, in the same way that Stalker, Zanuka and G3 beacons work. the player would still be required to do the full fight and hope they get a Piece of the Wolf Sledge that they need, but this would help a lot; no harm it letting people have more attempts at the weapon, as long as it isn't guaranteed.

In conclusion, I feel that adding these improvements, either as they are or with some alterations where necessary, would improve the Nightwave experience for new and old players alike without compromising your original vision of what Nightwave should be. thank you for reading.

kind regards,

Robotwars7

I definitely agree with the nitain access being an improvement. For Me especially, I finally got Saryn Prime thanks to the new system and I am quite excited to use her. The fugitive squads should definitely drop wolf credits instead of a measly 150 standing. The challenges could definitely be edited. Perhaps De could hold something to ask what the playerbase as a whole would like, or at least a time on survival missions that most people would be okay with. They have done these Community Meetings before. I am not so sure that Wolf Beacons should be a thing, since Steve has said already that his spawn rates will increase as the event progresses. Many have encountered him already (I have once). He will show up more soon.

Good Ideas

2-3 wolf creds per fugitive is too much. The fugitives spawn almost every mission, and continually spawn in endless missions and open world. An hour on the vallis and I could come out with enough creds for quite a few potatoes. I think just 1 per fugitive would be enough, maybe have the Wolf drop 5. That way farming the fugitives for creds is a valid option, but far from the best option. Heck, 1 might even be too much. Maybe only give 1 if you catch all 3 with how often they spawn. Enough so that it's a viable method if you need nitain or are just a few creds short of something you want, but not so good that it's effectively better than doing the acts. As it stands, it's 40k standing = 50 wolf creds. We get 36k standing per week plus dailies, bringing us up to 43k a week. That's ~ 2 creds per daily, ~3 per weekly, and ~4 per elite weekly. The fugitives on their own shouldn't really even outpace the daily.

Someone in another thread suggested just have total time for the survivals.  I wouldn't mind that as an alternative.  Perhaps something like play 90 minutes total in kuva survival without life support during the week.  Some people would do it in one run, but many others would probably do it 10 to 20 minutes at a time rather than have to put in the full sixty minutes in one shot.  We would have better options about how to complete these objectives.

Rather than total time, why not base it on total rotations before first life support use?

I think a bigger problem is that Nightwave is Jobframe. Rather than having a timer on everything and having the game move on with or without you, why not have it so that the missions are added to an endless list of chores that you can take at your own pace? Players still get capped like normal, but everyone can catch up whenever they have the time, rather than missing out because they have a life. And, if they want the stuff at the end of the treadmill, they can go and finish that treadmill whenever they please, just like codex missions.

A lot of people don't like having to "play" a second job just to not be left behind. It's why I quit PSO2, and haven't been able to get back into it for more than a month or two at a time since. it's a chore. I don't want warframe to become a chore.