Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow Down There, Soma!

Naugus

So, my Soma is looking pretty sweet modded out with an 87.5% crit chance and a 5.4 crit damage modifier, but theres a major flaw with the gun.  IT'S TOO FAST!!!

With a 100 round clip and high fire rate, it tears through all of my ammo in the blink of an eye! This gun REALLY needs a drop in firing rate, and maybe a small damage boost to compensate for that. And beefier audio! This gun would be bonerific if it sounded like and old WW2 MG.  =D

Don't go giving me lip about me having poor trigger control, because that's not the problem here. The problem is that I wanna put my Shred mod in without worrying about dumping the whole clip downrange in an instant when I Rambo a large group of baddies!

How about no.

You're essentially asking to buff a gun that imo does not need a buff.

Why not take out the speed trigger mod?

How the hell is that a buff? Reducing fire rate and increasing damage. That's pretty fair if you ask me.

EDIT: Not to say I agree with the idea, I just don't get it.

Edited by AlchemistMute

Ok, buff was the wrong word to use.

He wants the gun to be slower not because it's OP, but because he's uncomfortable with how fast it shoots.

It's like me asking for less recoil on my Supra when I can choose to put a mod on it that reduces recoil.

Ah, okay. Good point. Although a note worth mentioning, the Soma is fast. It's comparable to something that's been in the game for a while though; the Twin Vipers. They fire extremely fast and empty a clip quickly. As users of the weapon might know, you'll constantly find yourself bursting entire clips into enemies even when it's not necessary, simply because of how fast it is.

The Soma is the same. They're both good weapons, and it's just not for you, Rettycombine.

Ok, buff was the wrong word to use.

He wants the gun to be slower not because it's OP, but because he's uncomfortable with how fast it shoots.

It's like me asking for less recoil on my Supra when I can choose to put a mod on it that reduces recoil.

do they have a mod to reduce fire rate? because i will gladly shut up and slap it in my gun if there is.

i'm just annoyed with the fact that the rifle fires like an SMG on crack cocaine. we don't need another grakata

do they have a mod to reduce fire rate? because i will gladly shut up and slap it in my gun if there is.

i'm just annoyed with the fact that the rifle fires like an SMG on crack cocaine. we don't need another grakata

Take out your Speed Trigger. Unless it fires at Grakata speed with only Shred? Or even without fire rate mods at all?

In any case, that's your issue. They essentially wanted a devastating but hard to control rifle that consumes ammo. It's the Twin Vipers in primary form. The Grakata had that role but the Soma actually does it well.

Take out your Speed Trigger. Unless it fires at Grakata speed with only Shred? Or even without fire rate mods at all?

In any case, that's your issue. They essentially wanted a devastating but hard to control rifle that consumes ammo. It's the Twin Vipers in primary form. The Grakata had that role but the Soma actually does it well.

why does everyone assume i have speed trigger in there? i don't, that would be stupid since i'm already complaining about the fire rate. and is it to much to ask for the gun to feel unique instead of being a Grakata 2.0?

learn to tap fire then .. i used it and it seems fine i have no issue with how fast it burns ammo i actually think its a perfect i dont see why de shld nerf it just because when only a few ppl dislike it when the majority dont see any flaws

i'm not saying nerf the dps, just give it more damage and less fire rate.

and i do tap fire. i should not have to tap fire for nearly every auto weapon in the game! 

listen people, i'm not asking for a nerf for this gun. its design looks inspired by old WW1&2  MG designs, so i expected it to feel like those old powerhouses.

i don't want the gun nerfed, i was merely hoping during its creation the gun would fill a niche that no other gun has yet to do in this game. i was disappointed when i used it and found that it feels like an SMG rather than the MG it looks like.

How about no? The gun is fine as is, and its pretty fun. If you're having ammunition problems, consider NOT using shred. Perhaps metal auger alone may help, or just use ammo drum with a ammo mutator mod. If you don't have the mutator, ammo drum will suffice alone.

You can mod a weapon to your preference. Buffing/nerfing it to meet YOUR expectations specifically isn't exactly the greatest solution.

Does not need a RoF reduction, you need to learn how to fire in bursts.

No weapon in the game fires too fast to squeeze off short bursts. Not even Dual Vipers.

instead of shred why dont u just use the other puncture mod? since all you want is puncture without the added speed buff

Cause it's half the puncture for four more capacity?

Virtually never any reason to use Metal Auger unless it's on top of Shred.

Edited by Saenol

How about no? The gun is fine as is, and its pretty fun. If you're having ammunition problems, consider NOT using shred. Perhaps metal auger alone may help, or just use ammo drum with a ammo mutator mod. If you don't have the mutator, ammo drum will suffice alone.

You can mod a weapon to your preference. Buffing/nerfing it to meet YOUR expectations specifically isn't exactly the greatest solution.

fair enough. but i will continue to lament the fact that several of the weapons are starting to become tiered clones of those that came before. i want the weapons to feel special. but if you like tiered equipment that much, might i reccomend World of Warcraft?

I'm wondering why we need a Grakata 2.0...

10 damage vs Grakata's 9.....lol. High crit, just like Grakata.

The only thing I can see that the Soma has the Grakata doesn't is that it doesn't take stinking Neurodes to make. Thank God for that.

UPDATE:

My Soma finally got done building, and I'd have to say that it is... well, a Grakata 2.0, however it is superior to the Grakata in nearly any way I can think of.

It has much better accuracy, it has a short wind-up time (much shorter than the gorgon's), the ammo usage is a bit higher than I'd like, but that's nothing a mutator mod won't fix.

The crit though. OMG, the crits. Haha.

With JUST a Rank5 Serration, I was doing 140 damage crits per bullet on Lv8 Moas in Venus. Once I get Split Chamber, and then start working on things like Vital Sense and Point Strike, this gun will be absolutely wicked.

I like it.

The feel of it, the sound... yessss. I think this will be a nice gun. This is what the Grakata could only wish it could be.

Edited by Xylia