Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please give Modular Weapon Gilding a purpose, or remove it.

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

Before Zaws and Amps came out, I thought for sure that you would be able to disassemble non-Gilded ones and play around with different combinations, until you found one you liked. Then you would Gild it, and enjoy its boosted stats. As we all know, this isn't the case. Modular weapons are locked in the first time you build them, which then begs the question, what on earth is the point of gilding at all? What does it add to the game? For all intents and purposes, nothing. 

Please allow non-gilded weapons to be reassembled, or take away the gilding mechanic altogether. Either options be a pretty big quality-of-life increase.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite God
  • Like 3

It's a speed bump between you and some of the more powerful weapons in the game. They aren't going to redo the entire system to allow you to disassemble them.

I can see them maybe removing gilding, but the standing costs would probably be pushed to the parts and they'd go up in price.

Gilding is free must-happen-forma for modable items. Im not a fan of it too maybe just have it so one can get a rename option when gilding and boost stats while remaining the item at max as a reward for being able to play with it at lower stats...but thats not logical too. I dont mind it as I can go eso and level it fast withing a few waves if i get a saryn or volt in the squad(and FYI when I do go eso speed leveling I use trin bless for reduction and energy so Im not just a burden)

as for amps, for me its just a test run while I play around and see what it can do and find a suiting name for it.