Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stover Hunting is Seriously Broken

Teljaxx

Most of the time, using the Stover echo lure either does nothing, or is extremely delayed. I am not sure if its simply time based, or switching between gear or something, but it can take a couple of minutes for it to register sometimes. Other times, it still works, but the Stover response call doesn't play. I can still respond and get one to spawn, but when it does spawn, it spawns directly on top of the call point, instead of in the distance.

21 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Most of the time, using the Stover echo lure either does nothing, or is extremely delayed. I am not sure if its simply time based, or switching between gear or something, but it can take a couple of minutes for it to register sometimes. Other times, it still works, but the Stover response call doesn't play. I can still respond and get one to spawn, but when it does spawn, it spawns directly on top of the call point, instead of in the distance.

You may want to verify your game files if you haven't recently, it may help. I've hunted quite a few Stover over the past few days and haven't encountered any of these issues.

45 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

You may want to verify your game files if you haven't recently, it may help. I've hunted quite a few Stover over the past few days and haven't encountered any of these issues.

I did just after downloading the hotfix, and it didn't help.

14 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

weird, I find the Stover conservations to be the easiest and most relyable. you sure you are using the right lure at the right spot?

Yup, right lure, right spot. I have done this plenty of times before, and it used to all work just fine. But sometime over the past week or so, this all started happening, and now I have barely been able to get any of them to work. Everything else still works just fine, its just Stovers for some reason.

And I always do this solo, so it shouldn't be any kind of lag or host/client issue or anything.

Just did some more testing on this. Managed to catch three Stovers in a row with no problem. But on the fourth, no audio from the Stover played either time it should have, and once it spawned, it was directly on top of the call point.

So there is still definitely something going on.

Edit: I just had this same thing happen with a Horrasque as well, so I guess it isn't just Stovers.

Edited by Teljaxx

I too have several problems with Stover:

• poop doesn't spawn (and yes I check if the starting point is inside the cave instead of the entrance)
  • the first call with the lure is not responded by a Stover
  • conservation markers not refreshing, so I have to go back to Fortuna and into the Vallis again to get more Stover track staring points

Moreover I also sometimes have the issue of calls by animals (Stover and Horrasque so far) being silent and the animals then spawing directly on the call point.