Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magus Repair slight buff to be comparable to Elevate

ThePredicament

Being able to spam operator mode to proc Elevate is low cost and low effort, while Magus Repair requires switching to operator mode and using up energy and time to even catch up with that healing (in most frames at least). Being able to repair pets and NPCs (such as Umbra Excal) will add to it's versatility in comparison to Elevates much more powerful heal and Nourish's more reliable and cheaper heal.

if it doesn't affect Companions it certainly should - but it's already great in a different way from Elevate - sure, spamming Elevate half a dozen times is a good way to Heal yourself decently, but the benefit of Repair is that you can Heal.... everyone else too. even yourself faster potentially, depending on how bad your luck with Elevate at the current time is, or if you're a Client in a not so great session where spamming Elevate isn't possible.

Magus Elevate is op and Magus Repair is just ridiculously op. What are you talking  about?Not only that its better in self healing than Elevate but you heal other players too.Did you try using 2 arcane sets? 

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

I bought one Elevate and thought about building 1 repair. You guys think one of each would work well, or should I just commit to a second Elevate?

Elevate x2 for Solo. Repair x2 for Groups. Easy.

I don't know why you would use magus elevate if you had magus repair. Magus elevate is decent enough and I got two full arcanes to help with the Orb fight as the DPS made it frustrating to drop health pizzas in combat. This made a huge difference but it is still only a 75% chance to get 200 health per arcane. Once I maxed out my Fortuna standing I got two maxed magus repair arcanes and now get full health for me and the rare player I play with in seconds by going into operator mode which use frequently anyway. There is no real comparison between the two when you have a 75% chance for maybe 400 health vs full health in seconds guaranteed.

Healing other frames is situational, 25m is nothing when it comes to bullet jumping, especially in a lot of modes that require high mobility. Whereas being able to be mobile (op->dash->frame->op->dash) is a much more common occurrence, which doesn't change the overall playstyle to proc.

The whole client side with a bad host applies to both, in terms of practical usage. For example, using Repair to help a teammate during a bad connection will likely lag enough where they can't be helped, IF you can even manage to get to them during rubberbanding and random porting.

On 2019-03-15 at 6:34 PM, RistN said:

Magus Elevate is op and Magus Repair is just ridiculously op. What are you talking  about?Not only that its better in self healing than Elevate but you heal other players too.Did you try using 2 arcane sets?  

Disagree, ~6% to not trigger on a two set Elevate (56% 400hp; ~37% for 200hp) is a much better heal, in 99% situations compared to having to actually SPEND energy, time, and mobility, then having to port back into your frame. Such a high burst of health in such a short time and with absolutely little effort equates to better practical healing power than Repair's "ridiculously op" on paper theorycrafting.

4 minutes ago, TheLocalHentai said:

Disagree, ~6% to not trigger on a two set Elevate (56% 400hp; ~37% for 200hp) is a much better heal, in 99% situations compared to having to actually SPEND energy, time, and mobility, then having to port back into your frame. Such a high burst of health in such a short time and with absolutely little effort equates to better practical healing power than Repair's "ridiculously op" on paper theorycrafting.

I will just say that after using 2x Elevate , basically since it was in the game, I switched  to using 2x Repair and it suits me much better. Spaming transference is a bit tireing and it can lead to a bug.Both of these arcanes recover too much of health for a reason that one arcane heals more than another to be a valid point. But if anyone  wonders Repair can heal more than elevate on warframes starting from 1k hp.Thats because Repair depends on % of max health and Elevate gives flat 200,400 with 2 sets.  And anyone  can really  say whatever, but I  think healing team mates is a precious  ability  of this arcane.