The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Exploiter Orb Phase 2 Bug

Limbo_Darkness

Hi, just wanted to mention that Exploiter Orb does not always progress to stage two, often not spawning after exiting the cave. This makes Exploiter Orb virtually impossible, and a waste of Diluted Thermia. Hopefully people can learn about this before attempting the fight, so many Diluted Thermias are not lost with no reward.

• Like 1

Same here. In my case it might be related to the fact that my very first run ended when I realized I couldn't make enough of a dent in Exploiter by myself and ended up quitting after about a dozen cycles of "heat level is up to 50% and oh she's slamming the ground again and magically resetting her heat back to minimum even with no coolant raknoids nearby wonderful" to get different guns.

I've tried three times so far and she spawns fine in Deck 12, but that's it. Once I get her to run, I brace for disappointment.

If it helps, on one occasion when this happened, I tried to go back into Deck 12 and it too was glitched. And exiting Deck 12 after scaring off Exploiter leads to a version of the Vallis with none of my loc-pins present. 

• Like 1

Have had it happen three times in a row now. The Orb doesn't spawn outside.

Edit: Just a guess, I believe it has something to do with the "waiting for players" area when you are leaving the zone to go to the surface, I think it tries to restart the fight when you go through it. Only if you whole group is not inside it at once does the fight work properly.

Edited by JakkJakk

Been having to try to run fight solo. Since last hotfix can't get any sort of public group for anything in orb vallis totally bugged.

Had to resort to trying to run exploiter solo and every time it won't spawn outside after phase 1 is completed.

Diluted thermia and time totally wasted, irritating and frustrating.

Phase 2 of this fight has too often bugged out on me too, with the last door failing to open.

As part of a full clan squad we complete phase 1 (Deck 12 fight) and then, while heading back to the surface, the last door (just before reaching the surface for phase 2) stays shut even after waiting patiently. All we can do is Alt-F4 out of the game and restart.

Sometimes we are lucky and the last door opens, but I'd say I've experienced about a 30% chance of it remaining shut.

If I manage to reach the surface for Phase 2, the Exploiter Ord always spawns for me.

To DE: please find it in your heart to extend this event.

Edited by DukeOfCornwall

Same here, Just a few minutes ago, We complete first phase came out and nothig, not a trace of the big guy... girl... well, you know what I mean. Something weird that also happened was that it took more that usual to charge the door, at least it opened, thats more than I can say from other ocassions, man that was a really stupid decision, add another two loading points in one mission, two other points when everything could go wrong. DE had really  learned nothing.

This has happened the last three times I've tried it, on different days, phase 2 just doesn't occur. This is pretty damn poorly done. I've only actually gotten to fight it all the way through the first time I did it, after that I don't even get to complete the fight.

Anecdotally the fight seems to be becoming more unreliable.  With the failure of the door to open and failure of orb to spawn.  The fight being stopped by bugs becoming the norm rather than the exception.  Not really appropriate for the fight to burn a consumable item when fight is in this state 1/6 runs could be completed successfully.

Edited by Fairwing

Just to add my voice, to the ever-increasing list of people (I submitted the EE.log file).

3 tries , 3 failed spawns , 3 different groups, the orb just will not spawn this morning.

That's 3 wasted canisters I  would like refunded as the event to gain any more is limited in time.

6 hours ago, wullail said:

Just to add my voice, to the ever-increasing list of people (I submitted the EE.log file).

3 tries , 3 failed spawns , 3 different groups, the orb just will not spawn this morning.

That's 3 wasted canisters I  would like refunded as the event to gain any more is limited in time.

Update : tried 4 more times later on in the day, worked ONCE . 

On 2019-03-20 at 9:55 AM, wullail said:

What do you mean wasted canister? You do know you don't need to fill them and carry them into the fight, but they spawn around the room when you need them?

On 2019-03-21 at 12:17 PM, Bathynomus said:

What do you mean wasted canister? You do know you don't need to fill them and carry them into the fight, but they spawn around the room when you need them?

Each attempt takes 1 cannster to activate the exploiter orb at the start.

On 2019-03-24 at 11:14 AM, Bathynomus said:

No it doesn't? I haven't carried single canister in and I've beaten him plenty of times.

The person clicking the start event item loses 1, if you just leach it every time then you won't lose one.